3/18/12 MS Westerdam (Champ) And Contenders Sail-Away + Lisa and Tom's/ Live Sail-way

aliaschief

With over two hundred seventy post and plus 3,000 visits I believe we have broke a record on our Sail-Away thread. So much fun and thanks for participating.:D

we are all here to report to you chief:):)

I just read in lisas thread that they mentioned that they'd be doing extra special hornage today for cruise critic. how awesome is that!!!! They certainly DID do extra! LOL. I wish the videos that went up on the port site had sound, i'd rewatch todays a million times!

I talked to the captain several times about it- he definitely reads CC and appreciates the fan base!

Any suggestions for how we can convince the new captain to retain Westerdam's title, Queen of the Horns? Since I'm sailing on her April 1, it's important. At least to me.

Ha! It's important to me too (sailing 3/25). :D

Wow that was something I have been reading about this for a couple of weeks now and stopped in to see what all the horning around was about. That was awesome!!! Proud to be sailing on The Queen of the Horns in Alaska. Although It appears this does not happen leaving Seattle:( So I guess I will have to book next year out of FT. Lauderdale:D Thanks to whoever puts this show on.

With over two hundred seventy post and plus 3,000 visits I believe we have broke a record on our Sail-Away thread. So much fun and thanks for participating.:D

That's a terrific record, thanks for the reminders each sail away day.

'Twas bittersweet for me today.... I begged, pleaded, cajoled and cried crocodile tears (no whining allowed) to be on the Westerdam today, but just couldn't convince DH (aka: "Mr. Fiscal"). :rolleyes:

After he heard the horns and all the fun I think he's regretting his frugality a bit. He did ask where Lou is with the webcam, and if there's a restaurant on the channel to watch one day? I'd love to go down there and be a reluctant landlubber cheering everyone on....

Wish my DH was as excited to hear the Horns..He asked me to turn down my speakers & thinks I'm nuts..

OH Well, It was fun while it lasted...Think I can still hear the Westerdam's Horns or is it my imagination?

cheers..Betty

My DH came from the other room to see what was wrong with my computer. :D I guess he didn't recognize an HAL horn !!!!! :)

Very fun....

Thank you, Lou and Dave...... you provide much pleasure for us HAL/ship addicts.

I really love that title given to Westerdam by Fellow CC'rs!!

Anyway here are the snap shots I took of her before I had to leave to get our baby girl from the kennels.

Image31.jpg.1634d9c37d1ce5c8666e6deaa029338e.jpg

Will have to post the last 2 in the next post.

Joanie

Image2.jpg.9f80dc2e29749dfe64df422ced736b62.jpg

Image4.jpg.12f2b53d1d4eb2cb0f825185703efbab.jpg

Image17.jpg.de98d54d827a22501dadd0ab1e12ed62.jpg

Image22.jpg.edef3abb6e950367de7788598705fac3.jpg

Would make a great poll - how many would sail the Westerdam just to listen to all those horns? Prinsendam is no slump either. not as long but she sure puts on a show:):) either of them wipes out the NA IMO:)

Me!! And I've been on her twice with only a few blasts. Really looking forward to being on her again out of Port Everglades just for the Horn:)

Joanie

Any suggestions for how we can convince the new captain to retain Westerdam's title, Queen of the Horns? Since I'm sailing on her April 1, it's important. At least to me.

Gordon, tis simple, beg and grovel:) That's what I did with the Noordam's Captain, well not directly to him but through the Cruise Director, but he heard and listened:)

Joanie

Joanie I don't know how you do it. You capture those shot so fast and take them over to email. They are great, Thank you so much. I copy one and took it over to Lisa thread, though she might see it faster then going through this thread, which has become so lengthy :D

Joanie I don't know how you do it. You capture those shot so fast and take them over to email. They are great, Thank you so much. I copy one and took it over to Lisa thread, though she might see it faster then going through this thread, which has become so lengthy :D

I have my PaintShop Pro, my graphics program opened in the background before sail aways and sail ins (when I'm awake) and grab a screen capture and then paste into my PaintShop Pro and then post as fast as I can (Usually) afterwards and voila:)

I saw you posted it and am happy that yopu thought of doing that....Duh..Joanie forgoted:o:D

Joanie

Archived