Ravenna

LynnSD

Can anyone recommend a walking tour to see the mosaics in Ravenna?

Thanks!

I can recommend a private guide if you're in the mood to put together a roll call group to keep costs down. My husband and I used this guide's services as a couple on a land tour that included Ravenna.

In terms of locating the places with the amazing mosaics, most are within easy walking distance of each other, although there are a couple of exceptions. From my point of view, the reason to work with a guide is have the details explained.

Verdiana Conti Baioni is the head guide for the Associazione Cultural Ad Arte, a group of licensed guides in Ravenna. She is extremely pleasant, but she isn't into jokes and banter. She tries to engage clients with her information.

Here's her personal email: verdianabaioni@alice.it

Here's the web site for her organization: http://www.ad-arte.com

Associazione Culturale "Ad Arte"

Art Guides for Ravenna, Bologna and Ferrara

Click on the British flag to bring up the site in English. If you click on the word "guides" on the left, you'll bring up the photos of the guides in the association. Verdiana is the first one listed There are bios for all the other guides in the association. If one strikes you better than Verdiana, you could contact her.

Hopefully everyone is getting the PDF ok? I've had a few problems with the size of the file. It's definitely a large one with photos. Let me know if any others would like it, or if you haven't received it and emailed me.

We did the walking tour of Ravenna; one of my favorite ports! We did not cover all of the points of interest though as we wanted to explore and shop a bit. It was so relaxing after the hectic pace of the "big three".The mosaics are incredible. We found a small square with a carousel. There were a few vendors there and we bought the most delicious wine and a raspberry port. We also had a very relaxing lunch at a sidewalk cafe, very reasonable prices and delicious food.

Archived