Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

We scheduled both a tour and drop off at the port before our cruise, and a port to airport transfer after our cruise. They were both wonderful! Especially the Tour and drop off at the ship. Macarena was a very fun and helpful guide, and she made sure to stop by points of interest to us. My son loves soccer, so we stopped by the soccer stadium for some photos. Macarena shared all kinds of interesting information about Barcelona, the soccer stadium and team, and the sights we visited. My kids have never been to a beach, so Macarena made sure to stop there and let us play at the beach for as long as we wanted! She allowed us to choose our own timetable. She was never pushy about getting to the next stop. She even bought the kids some chocolate! Danny was a good driver, no complaints.

There was a little confusion with demonstrations on the day we were picked up from the ship, but we were able to find our driver and the trip back to the airport was smooth and quick. We were very happy with everything.

I don't know if a tip is expected, but it was such a wonderful day that we did tip our guide and driver both.

Just used Barcelona day tours for airport pickup, 3 hour tour, and cruise port drop off. Our flight was three hours delayed and they were still there waiting for me! Driver was great. Wonderful quick tour of Barcelona with drop off in front of the ship. Will use again when in Barcelona! :)

We booked the Barcelona and Montserrat tour with Barcelona Day Tours during our recent cruise (April 2018) on Holland America.

The tour was superb and Marta, our guide, was astounding. Her knowledge of Barcelona and its sights, together with the history of Spain etc was above par. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and some of our fellow guests also agreed with this.

I would highly recommend this tour and of course Marta.

We booked the Barcelona and Montserrat tour with Barcelona Day Tours during our recent cruise (April 2018) on Holland America.

The tour was superb and Marta, our guide, was astounding. Her knowledge of Barcelona and its sights, together with the history of Spain etc was above par. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and some of our fellow guests also agreed with this.

I would highly recommend this tour and of course Marta.

Marta was my tourguide last year too:).......I agree with you, she is terrific:D

• 1 month later...

We booked a post cruise half day tour with Barcelona Day Tours before we started the cruise as a means of orienting ourselves in Barcelona and to transfer from ship to hotel.

We were asked to pay a deposit up front and to pay the balance on the day of the tour. All went well with the booking, the payments and the tour.

We were picked up on time from Barcelona Port by our guide Lauda and a driver in a very comfortable Iveco transit van with three other parties.

The tour went as per the itinerary that was advertised and those of us staying in Barcelona were dropped at our hotels by the agreed times.

We would recommend Barcelona Day Tours based on our experience with them - professional, friendly and informative.

We recently used them for roundtrip transfer from airport to hotel, hotel to cruise port, and 2 tours: Montserrat and Cava tour and Girona and Costa Brava. Very happy with them and would definitely use them again when we are in Bacelona.

How much information do you get from the driver or do you neef a guide as well? We are doing a 4 hr Barcelona pre- cruise with Sagrada Familia after.

Couldn’t tell from reviews when people said “guide” if they meant driver/ guide.

How much information do you get from the driver or do you neef a guide as well? We are doing a 4 hr Barcelona pre- cruise with Sagrada Familia after.

Couldn’t tell from reviews when people said “guide” if they meant driver/ guide.

For the half day tour (described in post 392) we had both a driver and a guide.

• 2 months later...

I haven’t gotten around to a review yet.

For Montserrat, the guiding is just at the beginning and also enroute. Then you’re left on your own to explore. The Black Madonna lines are stupidly long and if there is a mass service it closes. Check the sign early at the queue and dump the guide early or you won’t have time to see it, despite the 2-3 hours you have there - there was a church service from 1030-1200 (you’re there from 1000-1330) and the 12pm queue is over an hour.

Cava was good value and better value if you know your wine.

Just back from Barcelona tour. Of all the excursions we took on our cruise, this was our favorite. Thank you. Marta had just the right amount of history and info to keep us interested. Truly enjoyable. Had small group in nice van and found no problems with long lines at any stops. Montserrat was spectacular. I would highly recommend this tour group. August 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - just back from my cruise with a port stop in Barcelona. We used Barcelona Day Tours and it was AWESOME. Our tour guide was Marta. She was very knowledgeable. We took a 4 hour tour of Barcelona that included Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and the Olympic Stadium to name a few. We were picked up on time and delivered back to the port on time in an air conditioned mini bus / van. I can very highly recommend this tour!!!!! I was more than satisfied :)

be very careful booking this company for a "we will securely store your luggage pre or post cruise whilst you explore" option

my rucksack containing laptop and kindle was stolen from the van whilst we explored Girona while driver was supposedly with van the whole time

Barcelona day tours sub contract to drivers who don't appear to realise they are supposed to look after your belongings and we had a major issue with this company as a result

We were in BCN last year and had the Montserrat tour booked but DW was sick that day and we could not go. They did not need to and nor did we ask, but they offered us one free tour next time in BCN. Well, we will be here in about a month and we have been given the free tour for one of us. I think that is the sign of a good company. We are looking forward to it.

Sorry about your loss, but thanks very much for posting. Things like that are important to know. What did Barcelona Day tours say and do as a result of that incident?

they were strenuously denying responsibility and saying should be covered by travel insurance

our claim was denied by insurance as laptops are "gadgets" which were excluded-check small print

we went back to BDT on basis they promised secure storage of our possessions whilst on tour which they failed to deliver

in the end they gave a goodwill payment and offered a free tour in future

however we would be reluctant to use again

I will stick to small family owned companies rather than large ones which sub contract out

We were arriving in Barcelona on the Azamara Pursuit (a great ship!) at 8 am and staying for a couple days. In looking for a way to make the most out of the first day I found a perfect Barcelona Day Tours package. They sent a driver/guide in a beautiful clean Mercedes to pick us up at the port. The luggage went in the trunk and then our day consisted of a visit to Montserrat Monastery (a 45 minute drive out of Barcelona), lunch stop and a cava tasting. The entire day was perfect! Our driver, Sergi, was an efficient and enthusiastic tour guide--knowledgeable and interesting to talk with. Everything went off beautifully and he delivered us to our hotel at 5 pm as promised. We recommend this organization highly.

We took a tour through Barcelona Day Tours on our embarkation day in Barcelona. Our driver Manu was great. He was at the hotel early, picked us up and we did a half day tour of Monserrat. Manu made a few stops along the way for pictures and explained things as we traveled to the Monastery. He stayed with the van and luggage while we toured the area on our own. Since we had been to Barcelona before, it was a great way to use our time before boarding our ship at 3pm. I would recommend Barcelona Day Tours and will use them again next we are in Barcelona.

• 2 weeks later...

Of those who used Spain Day Tours/ Barcelona Day Tours

Did you choose private with driver + guide?

Private with driver-guide

or Semi--with a small group?

Also-- for the pick up at the port--with luggage... I read on here about a theft of a rucksac (containing lap top etc) and that SpainDayTours/BDT driver --had failed to keep vehicle secure. Thoughts? We will be traveling with work laptops.