celebrity ship time vs port time (costa rica)

suzsummit

Question:

Since we (in the USA) are currently in daylightlight savings time... Is the port time in Punta Arenas Costa Rica the same as ship's time? I'm taking a private tour and don't want there to be any time mix-ups between me and the tour operator? I know that sometimes the ship time is different from the 'local' time.

thanks

Celebrity ships ask passengers to change their clocks (and watches) so that it is 'local time' when they arrive at a port. Be sure to read your newsletter every night.

Costa Rica is ALWAYS on Central Standard Time, while Jamaica and Grand Caymen Islands are ALWAYS on Eastern STANDARD time.

Hi,

Just got off of the Summit and while the ship's time was the same for Costa Rica (Puerto Limon on the Caribbean side), the ship's time was an hour ahead of the local time on Grand Cayman. All times are noted in the Celebrity Dailey that is put in your cabin everynight. The best way of finding out in advance may be to call Celebrity or check with the local tour operator. They probably know better than anyone..

Celebrity ships ask passengers to change their clocks (and watches) so that it is 'local time' when they arrive at a port. Be sure to read your newsletter every night.

Costa Rica is ALWAYS on Central Standard Time, while Jamaica and Grand Caymen Islands are ALWAYS on Eastern STANDARD time.

Archived