Tesco clubcard vouchers

N&PJ

Has anyone actually used Tesco Clubcard vouchers as part payment for a Royal Caribbean cruise? The Clubcard website says that the vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other RCI offer, yet all RCI cruises have some kind of offer attached to them.

I've not used them for RCI but for Princess last year.

I just payed the advertised price but didn't get the obc.

you won't get the free parking or obc.

I think you need to have a LOT to make it worthwhile. You wont get your C&A balcony discount (if you have) or obc or parking. We are saving ours but are looking at having at least £500 (which would work out at £1500 saving) before we use them. I do seem to spend a lot in Tesco's :( so it maybe sooner than we think:D

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I have ever tried to use vouchers for actual cruises, but do use them with Airmiles, which has now become Avios, to book the Grand Harour Hotel at Southampton. This has been quite a money-saver for us, as we have to travel from the Midlands, so tend to travel th night before. Don't know if this is of any help!

Can't say I have ever tried to use vouchers for actual cruises, but do use them with Airmiles, which has now become Avios, to book the Grand Harour Hotel at Southampton. This has been quite a money-saver for us, as we have to travel from the Midlands, so tend to travel th night before. Don't know if this is of any help!

Thanks for that. We used to convert our Tesco vouchers to Airmiles and have had some great flight deals, however I have never been sure about Avios. Are they worth having?

Regards

Neil

Thanks for that. We used to convert our Tesco vouchers to Airmiles and have had some great flight deals, however I have never been sure about Avios. Are they worth having?

Regards

Neil

Definitely. If you can book early enough to get the flights on offer, then to upgrade using the Avios is well worth it. Getting the dates / airports can be hit or miss; I've called the Executive Club in the past in order to get to a destination via any hub and saved plenty. My current booking I paid only the taxes to get to SJ from LGW.

We managed to use clubcard vouchers to book an RCL cruise this year but it took a lot of stamina and patience!

Basically we now understand you are not supposed to get the special offer price(s) with tesco vouchers however when we rang to check the price with vouchers they mis-quoted us the offer price and when we then confirmed we would book at the quoted price they tried to withdraw it!

The starting price with vouchers less the value of the vouchers came to near enough the special offer price - so a wasted exercise and a waste of vouchers.

Pleased to say after three phone calls and speaking to seven different people (along the way having been informed that no supervisors or managers work on a saturday and they cannot give out names if you wish to complain - although they answer the call with their christian names) they accepted we were in the right and with a minor restriction we were able to use the vouchers.

Have used tesco vouchers with P&O in the past with no issues re prices but glad that RCL came through in the end as we are a big fan of their cruises.

Probably doesnt help but if you book by phone and face the same responses suggest you just persist.

• 1 year later...