small world (dawn)

BreezieNJ

I was on the Dawns 4/10 sailing. I was at a birthday party yesterday and there was a fellow cruiser at the same party! I was amazed. He said his wife was still "sea sick" I told him I had been also for about 5 days. I was wondering if thats common? (To have sickness even after the cruise) Also I am so suprised I haven't herd anyone complain about the creaky rooms. (maybe in a diffferent forum) We felt like we were in a bad movie with an old haunted house! LOL.

It's not at all unusual to feel a sense of rocking for a few days after a cruise. The fact that you experienced more of a roller coaster ride than most of us have, has nothing to do with it. It happens even after normal run-of-the-mill cruises. That sensation will subside. :)

We experienced some creaking in our cabin on the Sun in 15-20 foot seas so it's probably not unusual at all to expect some sound. What really cracked me up about that one particular day for us was that pictures on the wall wound up tilted but a little container of chapstick managed to stay upright. :p

Going to the bathroom in the middle of the night after you've returned from a cruise can be an interesing experience. :D

The day after my cruise I actually took two wrong turns going to work. And I've been working at the same place for 5 years! My husband, who drives around alot for work, says he also felt funny while driving for a few days after.

I was on the april 10th dawn cruise and felt seasick for about 5 days after getting home. I was not seasick while on the ship. I am feeling much better now and am even looking to book our next cruise

I've often read about people feeling wobbly following a cruise, so I don't think it's all that unusual. Luckily, it's never happened to me. As for creaking, yes, there's often creaking on a cruise ship, regardless of the age of the ship. It doesn't bother me. I just consider it part of the cruising experience.

It always takes me a couple of days to get my 'land legs' back after I cruise.

As for creaking etc, virtually every ship I was on made some kind of noises when underway. The old Nordic Prince really creaked when at high speed.

Breezie, were any of you wearing the seasickness patch? I've heard stories of some lasting side effects from it.

That small world business is funny, isn't it? On 2 of our cruises, we have run into people we knew. Last cruise, there was a woman that I had worked with a few years ago (I recognized her, I thought, couldn't remember her name but she knew mine! :o ) A different cruise a few years back, as we pulled up to board the ship we ran into a family that lived just a few blocks away & our kids went to school & played soccer together. We had both driven down to New Orleans from St. Louis to board this ship.

It is indeed a small world. I live in a tiny town of 12,500 people and today I met someone who I had never seen before or heard of in my life who was also on the Dawn 4/10 sailing. We compared notes. She was on the 8th floor and I was on the 10th floor. We agreed that it was Mother Nature displaying some anger but in summation it seems we both had the same attitude and made the best of the situation not to mention the free bar as we continued celebrating our vacations.

Maybe the lingering seasickness is a result of going off the bonine too. I have been sick since I got home but its more of a chest coughing cold. I guess all that hand sanitizing didn't do a thing for me.

Archived