Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MJluvs2cruz

Another 4/16 Zuiderdam Review

Just back from the Zuiderdam 4/16 - 4/23 sailing.

I would first like to thank all of the HAL Veterans for their postings on this board. I've learned so much from all of you.

I'll try and make this short, seeing that others have already posted similar reviews.

My DH and I traveled with our DS and his friend who are Twelve and Fourteen and, my brother and sister in-law. This was their first cruise and are now addicted!

This was our first HAL experience and all I can say is WOW! We had a great time.

We were in a Deluxe Suite #7058 right across from the Neptune Lounge. This was our first suite experience and I would say we're hooked!

Our Room Steward was Sam. He did a wonderful job and he was great with our kids. He made them towel animals each night, something I wasn't expecting, but a nice surprise! He told us he was returning home to Indonesia in 21 days. He'll be off for, four months and then is hoping to come back to the Zuiderdam.

Our waiter in the Dining Room was Fabian and also provided excellent service. The food in the dining room as well as the lido was great. We never had a bad meal. We did eat at the pinnacle the last night. My DH and I both had the filet mignon which was excellent. The chocolate Volcano cake was to die for!

We did try the thalassotherapy pool (sp). It was wonderful. We made big donations to bingo! It was a progressive jackpot that ended up going to the last night. Four thousand dollars! Two people won it! Yeah for them! The magician Bart Rocket was awesome. The comedian they had was okay. As for the shows, they were good. I didn't think that the two lead singers had the best voices. This is just my humble opinion. The dancers were very good though! Costumes were also great!

Half Moon Cay was spectacular. We have been to another private island and there is no comparison. For those of you that have never been there, your in for a treat!

St. Thomas, we went to Coki Beach and it was beautiful. Tortola, we went to Cane Garden Bay, another beautiful beach. In Nassau we did some shopping. We had been there before and have gone to Blue Lagoon and Atlantis so this time we decide we would go shopping. I'm so glad we did. I found a very pretty Tanzanite ring!

Would we cruise HAL again? You bet! This was by far the best cruise we have ever been on.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Glad you had a great time and can't wait to sail the Zuiderdam in July. How did the 14-year-old in your party enjoy the cruise? Did he/she have any particular likes or dislikes on the ship? Thanks!

Just back from the Zuiderdam 4/16 - 4/23 sailing.

I would first like to thank all of the HAL Veterans for their postings on this board. I've learned so much from all of you.

I'll try and make this short, seeing that others have already posted similar reviews.

My DH and I traveled with our DS and his friend who are Twelve and Fourteen and, my brother and sister in-law. This was their first cruise and are now addicted!

This was our first HAL experience and all I can say is WOW! We had a great time.

We were in a Deluxe Suite #7058 right across from the Neptune Lounge. This was our first suite experience and I would say we're hooked!

Our Room Steward was Sam. He did a wonderful job and he was great with our kids. He made them towel animals each night, something I wasn't expecting, but a nice surprise! He told us he was returning home to Indonesia in 21 days. He'll be off for, four months and then is hoping to come back to the Zuiderdam.

Our waiter in the Dining Room was Fabian and also provided excellent service. The food in the dining room as well as the lido was great. We never had a bad meal. We did eat at the pinnacle the last night. My DH and I both had the filet mignon which was excellent. The chocolate Volcano cake was to die for!

We did try the thalassotherapy pool (sp). It was wonderful. We made big donations to bingo! It was a progressive jackpot that ended up going to the last night. Four thousand dollars! Two people won it! Yeah for them! The magician Bart Rocket was awesome. The comedian they had was okay. As for the shows, they were good. I didn't think that the two lead singers had the best voices. This is just my humble opinion. The dancers were very good though! Costumes were also great!

Half Moon Cay was spectacular. We have been to another private island and there is no comparison. For those of you that have never been there, your in for a treat!

St. Thomas, we went to Coki Beach and it was beautiful. Tortola, we went to Cane Garden Bay, another beautiful beach. In Nassau we did some shopping. We had been there before and have gone to Blue Lagoon and Atlantis so this time we decide we would go shopping. I'm so glad we did. I found a very pretty Tanzanite ring!

Would we cruise HAL again? You bet! This was by far the best cruise we have ever been on.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Welcome Home !!! Short but sweet and to the point :) Very enjoyable reading :) Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Sam is the best, we really enjoyed meeting him, he was our steward last fall. I'm glad he's having time off, he's putting his brother through school. I hope he comes back to the Zui, maybe he'll be in our area on our fall cruise this year. We're taking an SS this time rather than the S.

Finest 14 for the most part I would say he enjoyed the cruise. Neither one of the boys took part in Club Hal. They spent most of their time in the pool. They only came to dinner with us on both formal nights, which was their choice. They really looked forward to wearing their suits! Most of the other nights they ordered room service. They both really enjoyed the beaches.

I am so glad you had such a great time! There is nothing more cheery than feeling someone's excitement in a post. Reading your upbeat review ended my day on a perfect note.

MJ....

Glad you had a wonderful time. Yes, HAL really knows how to take care of it's S suite passengers!

We could hear your joy in your review:) Thanks for sharing.

Welcome home. Let us know when you book your next cruise.:D