GermStar Noro -- spray/wipes for killing Norovirus

DeloreanGirl

So, I did a bit of Googling this afternoon and came across this product -- GermStar Noro. It "claims" to kill the Norovirus and has 63% Ethyl alcohol.

Worth a buy? Has anyone tried it?

Just thought I'd throw it out there....

http://www.germstar.com/us/index.php?pg=sanitizers&sub=2

Pricey little buggers...

http://germstar.com/us/eshop/index.php/germstar-noro/noro-2oz-bottles-6.html

Yes it is expensive. Keep in mind that Lysol Disinfectant spray kills Noro and it is mostly Isopropyl Alcohol as the active ingredient. Iso wipes are cheap cheap cheap!

Germstar is expensive, but Germ-X is much cheaper and will also work.

Nothing will work better than hand washing, though. Only use gels if you feel you need to for times when you can't rewash.

Noro season is never over.

We have been on ships when there was outbreaks in Alaska -- June, July, August, September. Outbreaks on the Caribbean in the Caribbean in October, November, December, January, February, March, April.

We have gotten quite use to being on ships with the Noro.

Had friends who did a TransAtlantic last October/November -- ship was sick for their entire cruise when they left Italy until they got back to Ft Lauderdale.

Noro season is never over.

We have been on ships when there was outbreaks in Alaska -- June, July, August, September. Outbreaks on the Caribbean in the Caribbean in October, November, December, January, February, March, April.

We have gotten quite use to being on ships with the Noro.

Had friends who did a TransAtlantic last October/November -- ship was sick for their entire cruise when they left Italy until they got back to Ft Lauderdale.

"Season" meaning when its at high peak, hence the parenthesis. That's what it is called in the medical field, and ends in April.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

From the Lysol website FAQ:

Hi there, when used per label directions, LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray "Brand III" is effective against norovirus. However, LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes are not effective against norovirus.

From the Lysol website FAQ:

Hi there, when used per label directions, LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray "Brand III" is effective against norovirus. However, LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes are not effective against norovirus.

I never leave home without it (Lysol).;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I use Germstar. I think it's great, altho it doesn't have a dressed up fru fru smell.

I work for a major healthcare corp, and they buy Germstar, so good enough for me! I'm not trusting my expensive vacation to luck.

And by the way- it's not expensive. You can buy (6) 2 oz purse size spray bottles, each having about 400 sprays, for $18 off their website. And they ship fast!

http://germstar.com/us/shop/index.php/bottle/noro-2oz-bottles-6.html

Archived