Cruise Critic Community
watertraveler

Please help - ?'s about the Brilliance

I know that the Brilliance is mostly in Europe but next winter she will be in the

S. Caribbean before she goes into dry dock and we are booked for late February.

We just got off the Adventure this past Feb. just before she goes to dry dock and last year, we were on the Summitt just before she went into dry dock. See the trend?

So here's my question. What kind of condition is she in now? Anyone just off the Brilliance? We loved the Radiance and the Serenade and are hoping that we will have the same experience but I'm a little concerned that she will be a little worn like the Summitt was when we last traveled on her.

Comments are greatly appreciated.:)

We are also booked on the Brilliance for next spring on a 1 week Southern Caribbean loop from San Juan in March. I noticed that this ship used to do the Mediterranean - Dubai run and was now repositioning. The dry dock thing explains it. I am also interested to hear what affect this will have on the condition of the ship. Where and when does it go into dry dock?

I'll be on her in a few months and will try to post a review when I get back. Especially since I know that, at least for now, there aren't a ton of reviews on her.

I was on her a few months ago, i couldnt tell that much difference to when i went on the Radience classes a few months after they first sailed. She's in good shape

Big Keith

I know that the Brilliance is mostly in Europe but next winter she will be in the

S. Caribbean before she goes into dry dock and we are booked for late February.

We just got off the Adventure this past Feb. just before she goes to dry dock and last year, we were on the Summitt just before she went into dry dock. See the trend?

So here's my question. What kind of condition is she in now? Anyone just off the Brilliance? We loved the Radiance and the Serenade and are hoping that we will have the same experience but I'm a little concerned that she will be a little worn like the Summitt was when we last traveled on her.

Comments are greatly appreciated.:)

We just got off the Brilliance as of today, and if it were me boarding in Feb 2013 I would pick another ship. We felt she is ready for a stay in the dry dock NOW not over a year from now, but you may have a different tolerance level than my family!

Tired mattresses, peeling paint everywhere, poor food, worn deck chair cushions, dated furnishings and carpets,in other words the Brilliance is really showing her age right now so be prepared lol!

;)

We just got off the Brilliance as of today, and if it were me boarding in Feb 2013 I would pick another ship. We felt she is ready for a stay in the dry dock NOW not over a year from now, but you may have a different tolerance level than my family!

Tired mattresses, peeling paint everywhere, poor food, worn deck chair cushions, dated furnishings and carpets,in other words the Brilliance is really showing her age right now so be prepared lol!

;)

She has quite a few sailings from now until refurb. Is it really that bad???

Wow, can't believe I'm back here already looking at stuff for our next cruise.

We just got off the Adventure in April and today just booked Brilliance for next March.

;)

She has quite a few sailings from now until refurb. Is it really that bad???

Would like to know the same thing.

My bride and I are booked on the Brilliance Feb. 23, 2013. We were really looking forward to this cruise because

1: Radiance class ship (love the glass)

2: Itinerary

3: We were fortunate and landed the apparently coveted JS1100 (corner aft Junior Suite)

Looking forward to hear from others regarding her condition.

I know there are a lot of people from CC doing the TA on her from Denmark to Jersey. Although it is not until September-I'm sure we'll have plenty of posts then on the ship!!:)