Athens tour company

djandbj

we will be arriving on a cruise ship into Athens and dont have a flight out until 315pm. We have been there once before, but we wanted to go to the new museum at the parthenon. Anyone have any recommendations for a tour company or private tour guide that would pick us up at the ship, take us on the tour and then take us to ATH airport? thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We used http://www.privategreecetours.com/.

The tour that we did was this one: http://www.privategreecetours.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39:full-day-athens-tour-shore-excursion&catid=15:athens-region&Itemid=96

We were quite pleased with them. We went to the Acropolis where we listened to the Rick Steve's Itunes walk. We needed more time, so we just called down to our driver and he waited for us. We should have timed things better because the sites were on winter hours, and the Ancient Agora was closed by the time we got there around three. Otherwise we saw everything listed. I do think there is a law that prohibits the driver from acting as a guide at the actual site, so whichever driver you get will give you back ground before the enter site.

Any idea of how much the Nikos Loukas tour costs? I'm trying to establish a budget for this trip and whether it would worth putting together a shared grop tour or doing the ship tour.

I guess is depend in which tour/itinerary and the duration, why you just don't email and ask? nikosloukas@privategreecetours.com

Private Greece Tours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just returned home and our roll call (thank you Robyn) used

Private Greece Tours too.....Our Tour Guide was FABULOUS:D:)

Besides being friendly and very knowledgable he looked just like

Hugh Jackman!:D..........eye candy for sure!!!!!!!!:);)

Just back from the Med.

We had a wonderful day in Athens with Paul from Athens by Taxi. We did the full day tour which included the Parthanon then out the coast to the temple of Posidan.

We did a lunch stop at a great restaurant.

If you get the Professional tour guide, make sure you communicate how detailed you want them to go. Ours went too far into the history of everything - after 15 min at each stop, we just were falling asleep. Our fault for not communicating we just wanted brief discriptions so we could see more. She did a great job, just too much detail.

Hi All

We used Private Greece Tours for our trip to Athens a few weeks back. We had Frank as our driver and he was excellent. Got us to the sites before the crowds hit to get the best photo's and visited viewing places where the larger tour buses cannot get.

Would definately recommend and would use again when next in Greece.

This will be our first time in Athens and we are leaning towards booking a 1/2day tour and the hanging around the

Plaka for the afternoon. Does anyone have advise on how we can make our way back to the port without any hassle? What would the cost be? Any "must see" sites that we should see in the afternoon ?

Kelly

Hi All

We used Private Greece Tours for our trip to Athens a few weeks back. We had Frank as our driver and he was excellent. Got us to the sites before the crowds hit to get the best photo's and visited viewing places where the larger tour buses cannot get.

Would definately recommend and would use again when next in Greece.

hi can i ask u what the cost of the tour in anthen was and how many hours was it thanks

hi can i ask u what the cost of the tour in anthen was and how many hours was it thanks

Hi

We chose the full day Athens tour and it was 8hrs in total for 400 Euros. We had 12 people in our group which is the maximum they can do without quoting special pricing.

Hope that helps

Laura

We used Private Greece Tours both last September for our Athens tour and again in early May this year. Both experiences were excellent. Last year was our first visit to Athens and our driver Alex, along with our guide Villeas did a wonderful job of showing us the city. They both were very knowledgeable and made the trip so much better than if we had been on our own.

This year, since we had already been to Athens, Nikos, the owner of the company took 8 of us to Mycenae and Corinth and it was truly one of the highlights of our 11 night cruise. Mycenae was amazing. Nikos also took us to an excellent restaurant for lunch in Corinth that overlooked the sea with wonderful breezes and great food! Nikos did a wonderful job of telling us about the Greece countryside, which is also quite beautiful. If we are lucky enough to go back to Greece we will definitely contract with Private Greece Tours again, I highly recommend this company. :)

Thank you all for you information.

We have 12 people and I think we are going to book for a whole day but do the afternoon at our leisure and be guaranteed a ride back to the port. This seems to be what the group wants. The cost for the whole day is 400 euros and half day is 300 euros. Really we are only spending an extra 10euros a head and will get back to the safe and sound.

Thank you all for you information.

We have 12 people and I think we are going to book for a whole day but do the afternoon at our leisure and be guaranteed a ride back to the port. This seems to be what the group wants. The cost for the whole day is 400 euros and half day is 300 euros. Really we are only spending an extra 10euros a head and will get back to the safe and sound.

That would work with them. Basically our full day tour we were given plenty of time to wander around Plaka and enjoy lunch and then we only left to go to the museum but he would have accomodated whatever our group wanted to do so just let them know and they will work with you.

We used Private Greece Tours both last September for our Athens tour and again in early May this year. Both experiences were excellent. Last year was our first visit to Athens and our driver Alex, along with our guide Villeas did a wonderful job of showing us the city. They both were very knowledgeable and made the trip so much better than if we had been on our own.

This year, since we had already been to Athens, Nikos, the owner of the company took 8 of us to Mycenae and Corinth and it was truly one of the highlights of our 11 night cruise. Mycenae was amazing. Nikos also took us to an excellent restaurant for lunch in Corinth that overlooked the sea with wonderful breezes and great food! Nikos did a wonderful job of telling us about the Greece countryside, which is also quite beautiful. If we are lucky enough to go back to Greece we will definitely contract with Private Greece Tours again, I highly recommend this company. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us :)

We will be only two people, ending our cruise early in the morning, and with a few hours before we must get to the airport. Because we will have luggage, we'd like to get a taxi and stow the bags in the trunk. We want to take in a few sights, have a nice lunch and do a little souvenir shopping, then go to the airport.

Do we need to arrange this in advance, and if so, recommendations?

We just return from another wonderful cruise to the Med. Since we have visited Athens a few times in the past, we decided to hire Private Greek Tours to do a private tour for us. Nikos Loukas, the owner, was great to deal with. He was always prompt with answers to our questions and so helpful to plan a day suited for us. Lambros Petropoulos greated us at the port with a big smile and a nice Mercedes taxi. His information about the sites and his life in Greece was so interesting, and he was great getting us to the places before the big tour buses hit. We booked a modification of their Athens and Cape Sounion tour, which was approximately 8 hours and 260 Euros for the two of us. It was one of the best tours we have ever taken, and at the end of the day we felt like Lambros was our new friend in Athens. If you are looking for a wonderful tour company, my husband and I would highly recommend Private Greek Tours! :)

We used Nickos Loukas for our tour of Athens. We had a wonderful day and it was worth every penny we paid! Our driver was very knowledgeable, and at our request, to us to a fabulous local family run restaurant! I highly recommend this tour.

As Jeanne said, 8 of us spent the day touring Mycenae and Ancient Corinth. I arranged this tour based on Jeanne's recommendation from using them last year and was not disappointed. Nikos was easy to work with, his price was reasonable, and a good time was had by all. I can highly recommend using his company, whether you get him for your driver or one of the many great drivers that work for him.

Edited by zelker

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned last Saturday from our cruise and used Nikos Loukas at Private Greek Tours and cannot recommend this company enough. We had a group of 13 and Vassilis was our guide for the day.

We did all that we wanted in Athens and then on the way to Cape Sounion we visited a typical Greek Restaurant for refreshments.

We would have no hesitation in booking a tour with this Company in the future. They were true to their word in every respect.

We recently returned from the Solstice cruise and used athensbytaxi for a 1/2 day tour. The company is extremely professional from making the reservation and following up promptly. Nick was the best driver who navigated Athens traffic so smoothly. He got us to the Acropolis before the crowds and we never felt rushed. Highly recommend!