Athens tour company

djandbj

I concur with the above comments about Private Greece Tours and Nikos. The operation is very professional and provided my group of 17 with a full day very informative tour of Athens and Cape Sounion. I would recommend them to anyone who will be spending at least one day in Athens.

I organized a group of 12 with Nick at Private Greece Tours. This was a very professional experience from online booking to the actual tour in November while on the Equinox. Our guide showed us the requisite sites with recommendations on how best to observe, spoke about their culture gave us hints on what to see on the Greek Islands coming up. I would use them in a minute on any return visit.

We sailed on the Celebrity Equinox in November 2012. I reserved a mini-bus for the two of us, plus 10 others from CruiseCritic rollcall. Nikos was very professional, giving me ideas of what would be available to see in Athens. I couldn't have been more pleased with our tour...Nikos sent me in detail on how to find our driver/guide the day we arrived...and sure enough, Nicholas was waiting there for us with a sign and away we went...(he said he appreicated us getting off the ship so quickly - so that we could be one of the first groups to the Acropolis.) When we got to the sight, he handed me a cellphone with his number programed so when our group was ready he would be right there to pick us up...we had more than enough time there..and he was right as we headed back to the mini-bus there were hundreds of passengers from the cruise ships making their way to the sight..so thankful Nicholas got us there before that mess!

Nicholas then took us to the Parliment House to watch the changing of the guards..and then showed us some other sights as we made our way to the Olympic Stadium (giving us plenty of time to take pictures) We then headed to the Temple of Zeus and up the mountain to get some breathtaking pictures of the city of Athens. Nicholas then took us to the Anicent Market where we were able to see the ruins and/or get something to eat..we ate a Maiandros (wonderful food, great drinks...very nice waitstaff). When we were finished there our tour ended at the National Archaeological Museum..had about an hour or so there, plenty of time to enjoy their treasures!

We had the best tour and tour guide, we couldn't have had a better day in Athens...our only regret was that it was over so quickly. It was so nice having Nicholas as our guide, he loves his city and made us love it too! I would highly recommend using Private Greece Tours.

• 2 weeks later...

We were with a small group on the Mariner of the Seas Mediterranean cruise October 20th to November 2nd, 2012. It was a wonderful experience in every way.

We booked our own tours which included “Private Greek Tours” with Nikos Loukas in Athens. We were fortunate to get Demitris as a driver and he was fabulous. He exceeded our expectations in every way. He was knowledgeable about Greek History and historical sites as well as facts about Greece through the Olympics and today. He quickly helped us map out the best route to visit the sites important to us and we saw them all. We gladly would have stayed another day with Demitris as our driver but alas, the ship was sailing.

• 2 months later...
I concur with the above comments about Private Greece Tours and Nikos. The operation is very professional and provided my group of 17 with a full day very informative tour of Athens and Cape Sounion. I would recommend them to anyone who will be spending at least one day in Athens.

Hi- I have just finished booking this tour for Sept this year. Just wondered if you had any difficulty in finding your driver at the port?:confused: Have heard that Piraeus port can be very busy- hoping that we will dock at terminal A to make it easier. We will be a group of 12- van big enough? Any other comments on your trip would be welcome- thanks

Nikos wants our Credit Card number to book, we were never asked for this before. Not sure what to do. Hmmmm.....

Hello- I have also been dealing with Nikos from Private Greece Tours.

When he asked for the CC info etc, I went onto some Roll Calls and did find someone who had given her info (back in Nov 2012) To date, she has not had any charges made or encountered any problems . Today, I finished my booking with the requested info. They are the number 1 rated tour company in Athens, with excellent TA reviews etc-, none the less, I will be monitoring my future CC bills to make sure there are no charges being made :)

Nikos wants our Credit Card number to book, we were never asked for this before. Not sure what to do. Hmmmm.....

This is apparently a new requirement in Greece. You can read more here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803348

My apologies. I read your post quickly and thought you said you were asked for your passport number, not your CC number. :o The passport topic has been a hot one recently.

Hello- I have also been dealing with Nikos from Private Greece Tours.

When he asked for the CC info etc, I went onto some Roll Calls and did find someone who had given her info (back in Nov 2012) To date, she has not had any charges made or encountered any problems . Today, I finished my booking with the requested info. They are the number 1 rated tour company in Athens, with excellent TA reviews etc-, none the less, I will be monitoring my future CC bills to make sure there are no charges being made :)

We used Private Greece Tours last September. Demos was our Guide/driver. He was great. We took the eight hour tour. We saw more and paid half as much as our dinner mates who took the three hour ship tour. I highly recommend them. Yes, we gave them our credit card info and had no problems at all. It was one of the highlights of our 20 day Cruise. If you are interested in Athens, you will be so happy with this company.

I may have to ask my Credit Card company for one of those temporary limited numbers to use just once for this because I am wary of sending the number overseas. Am contemplating this. I have been traveling to Europe for many years now and never had to do this before.

I may have to ask my Credit Card company for one of those temporary limited numbers to use just once for this because I am wary of sending the number overseas. Am contemplating this. I have been traveling to Europe for many years now and never had to do this before.

I gave them my cc # a few months ago & haven't had an issue. I think they're asking for them now since people are not showing up & not canceling. This way they lose out since they believe someone is showing and end up without a booking. Previously there was no penalty at least now they know you're serious is you're giving your cc#

We used Private Greece Tours last October as well for a full day private Athens & Cape Sounio tour for my husband, myself & my sister. Makis was our driver/guide & was fantastic!!! Just as their web site says, they were totally flexible & having been to the Acropolis previously, we instead asked to visit the new Acropolis Museum which was amazing. Makis was so much fun & extremely knowledgeable & passionate about all aspects of Greek life, history & their culture. This tour was THE highlight of our entire cruise and made our day in Athens very special!!! We would strongly recommend Private Greece Tours & would definitely use them again. The pick up at the port was perfect & we were dropped back at the pier exactly when we had asked.

I set up a tour with Private Greece Tours for 12 of my friends and family while we were on the MSC Fantasia visiting Athens. Our tour guide, Demitris was a very fun guy with a great sense of humor and lots of knowledge on the best times to see all the major sites. We were about 15 minutes ahead of the cruise ships tours allowing us to have some great photos without the massive crowds and getting into the sites very quickly. The highlight of the day was the changing of the guard, and Demitris provided lot's of background info that helped us understand this awesome ceremony.

All in all, great company that is extremely responsive to any questions, very willing to tailor your tour to what you want and very knowledgeable about everything in Athens. I have no reservations recommending this company should you ever have the opportunity to visit Athens and best of all, this personal service is at a better price than the cruise ship will provide you. My thanks to Nikos and Demitris for a wonderful day in Athens.:)

Any idea of how much the Nikos Loukas tour costs? I'm trying to establish a budget for this trip and whether it would worth putting together a shared grop tour or doing the ship tour.

270 euro up to 4 people and 450 euro up to 12 people for a full day tour

• 1 month later...

I second everything that Ishan said, two posts above. I coordinated the group of 12 from our Roll Call and found Nikos to be very responsive to all emails. Our guide, Demitris was fun, friendly, enthusiastic, and spoke very good English.

All in all, I feel that we got a much better value than taking a ship tour, and we were able to maximize our time in port. Yes, you could save money and take the train, but the people we met who had done this didn't arrive at The Acropolis until we were on our way out...and the lines/crowds were massive by then!

I highly recommend Private Greece Tours.

I toured Athens twice last year with greektaxi / pk travel. They were awesome, professional and their pricing was great. I've stayed in touch with them because they are such great people and i look forward to seeing them again one day

We had a stop in Athens Greece for our Mediterranean cruise May 2013. From the start stellar customer service from Nikos , he answered all my questions . Private Greece Tours was our first private tour ever and on our cruise , boy did they set the bar. Freida was our guide and she and our driver were on time and very knowledgeable of the city. Freida took us to Planka and suggested a awesome Greek restaurant . I promise to go back to Athens and I will be booking my tour with Private Greece tours and I suggest you do to.-

• 2 weeks later...

Another shout out for Private Greece Tours. We used them two weeks ago and had a marvelous time. We found them as soon as we exited the terminal and had a wonderful day. They set a high bar for the tours in our other ports!

Edited by NextOne

I toured Athens twice last year with greektaxi / pk travel. They were awesome, professional and their pricing was great. I've stayed in touch with them because they are such great people and i look forward to seeing them again one day

So happy to hear this. We booked with them.

I think you'll be happy that you booked with them. We used them several weeks ago, our driver was Manos. We had a wonderful day and I would not hesitate to use Private Greece Tours again in the future.

So happy to hear this. We booked with them.

Hi,

Just returned from a cruise on the celebrity silhouette and used Greece taxis/PK travel for a days tour of the sights in Athens.

Nick, one of the family members drove us around in his new Mercedes e class for 7 hours and took us to a traditional Greek taverna for an excellent lunch.

Nick and his family company are excellent in every department from, initial correspondence with his sister Potoula to all arrangements prior to the tour.

I am sure you will be delighted with their service for your private tour!

Stuart

We are looking for pick up from the port and then about a half day's touring outside of Athens with drop off at the airport no later than 3PM. Would you recommend Sounion or Corinth? Or something else? Would prefer not to take the ship's Athens city tour with airport drop off as have been in Athens twice recently. THANKS

Hi,

Just returned from a cruise on the celebrity silhouette and used Greece taxis/PK travel for a days tour of the sights in Athens.

Nick, one of the family members drove us around in his new Mercedes e class for 7 hours and took us to a traditional Greek taverna for an excellent lunch.

Nick and his family company are excellent in every department from, initial correspondence with his sister Potoula to all arrangements prior to the tour.

I am sure you will be delighted with their service for your private tour!

Stuart

Thanks for the review Stuart. I will review when I return.

We used Athens By Taxi/PK travel for a full day Athens tour last week. Constantine was our driver, and he was great! He met us at the port on time and we had a great start to our day, arriving at the Acropolis well before the tour buses. He was friendly, knowledgeable and flexible (we were traveling with two kids, so he adjusted things to suit them and made a quick stop at Starbucks for our teenager :D ). He gave us a history of each site and gave us guide books to take in with us. We had a nice lunch in a local Greek restaurant (there were other tourists there as well - probably other PK travel clients). He kept saying his goal was for this to be a no stress day for us, and it was. He was the kids' favorite of all the guides and drivers we had on the trip.