Cruise Critic Community
Jother

Recommendations for BCN airport pick-up, half-day tour and drop-off at ship?

Sorry - - I didn't mean to alarm you. I know nothing at all about luggage not being safe to leave in a car in BCN. It was only a suggestion in case someone might have a concern in that area. I'm sure any reputable touring company would be perfectly safe in keeping luggage while touring. Do you have a company you will be using for the 1/2 day Barcelona tour - - I'm looking for one myself. We arrive at 7:45am and want to do about fours hours hitting the highlights, entering the Segrada Familia and then on to the ship. . .

Oh no problem. I don't know which one I will use yet as I don't go till July. I think the one I was searching Was Barcelona day tours. For 65 euros each they take you on a four hour tour with pickup from port or airport and then to hotel. Good way to familiarize the sites and layout of Barcelona when we arrive. Have a great vacation!

I have looked at the Barcelona tour companies, and decided upon Barcelona Great Tours. They gave me the most competitive price, and their reviews were very good. Some of the other tour prices I felt were too high. I will put down a 45 euro deposit, I have no problem with that. Will post a review afterwards. Our trip is not until April 2013, planning ahead. ;)

We used Barcelona Great Tours for a half day tour of Barcelona on April 15.

When we exited the gate area, we met Carlos, holding a sign with our name on it. He was dressed in a suit, very professional, very pleasant, and we walked out the door and were in the van within a few minutes. Our luggage was placed in back, and covered, so no one could see it from the outside. The vehicle was new, and the tour was just the two of us, DW and I.

We planned on being in Barcelona a few additional days before our cruise, so we also wanted to also get a layout of town, for our travels over the next few days.

Carlos did a GREAT job of giving us a tour of Barcelona. He is a very safe driver, traffic in Barcleona was never packed, Carlos was able to drive and talk during our tour. He knew where to pull over, where to park, to stay out of traffic, and not be a hazard, and areas where it was safe for us to get out of the vehicle.

He is a native of Barcelona, and a world of history and information, that is what we wanted. Not just the common information but more informative history. He took us to all the sites, and more, then we would have seen with other tour companies.

We were awake over 24 hours since we left Seattle the prior day, we were tired, but not rushed to see the sites, nor worn out afterwards.

We were dropped off at our hotel, a little to the west from town, at the end of the tour. We initally paid a deposit online, and paid the balance at the end of the tour.

We have been on many tours, and excursions over the years, like a lot of folks have, and this was one of the best conducted tours we have been on. The prices were very reasonable, we were picked up at the airport and dropped off at our hotel, and saw everything promised. We would never be able to see everything we did on our own, especially in 4-5 hours.

We would highly recommend Barcelona Tour Company to anyone, and will be returning to Barcelona in the future, and plan to use their services again.

Thank you Carlos for giving us a great introduction to Barcelona, you really helped make our trip extra special.

Tony & Julie. :):):):):)

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just, today, booked my Barcelona tour Excursion and pick-up with Carnival CL. It is a half day tour and then to the ship. I guess we'll have our luggage with us. Has anyone done this before?

Oh no problem. I don't know which one I will use yet as I don't go till July. I think the one I was searching Was Barcelona day tours. For 65 euros each they take you on a four hour tour with pickup from port or airport and then to hotel. Good way to familiarize the sites and layout of Barcelona when we arrive. Have a great vacation!

Brenda, curious to what you decided. We too are going on Serenade of the Seas in July..Unfortnately, we will be leaving on the cruise the day we arrive but will be staying overnight the day we get back... WE have four of us...any advice or information learned? Thanks in advance...also, did you use them to get back to airport?