Airport Hotel to French Quarter.....best way?

SakeDad

We are staying one night at the Airport Crowne Plaza. There is a huge jazz fest in the Quarter that day. Are there any free or inexpensive shuttles from the airport area to the Quarter? I tried to search but couldn't find an answer.

We are staying one night at the Airport Crowne Plaza. There is a huge jazz fest in the Quarter that day. Are there any free or inexpensive shuttles from the airport area to the Quarter? I tried to search but couldn't find an answer.

JazzFest is NOT in the quarter. It's right beside my house literally like 50 yards to the main entrance!! You could take a taxi from the hotel to the quarter for about $30-$35. You could always take the local bus that runs from metairie to the quarter. It would cost you like $7.00 for 2 people. You would take the E-2 bus Airport Route. Then you would be at Carrollton and Tulane. Then take another bus from there to the quarter. Just an option!

JazzFest is NOT in the quarter. It's right beside my house literally like 50 yards to the main entrance!! You could take a taxi from the hotel to the quarter for about $30-$35. You could always take the local bus that runs from metairie to the quarter. It would cost you like $7.00 for 2 people. You would take the E-2 bus Airport Route. Then you would be at Carrollton and Tulane. Then take another bus from there to the quarter. Just an option!

iF you have no mobility limitations, you can walk from the E-2 bus to the quarter, which stops on Tulane and Elk- doesn't run on Sunday. Just have a map with you- plenty avaiable right at the airport visitor information. Walk over to and down Canal. Make a left at your preferred street into the Quarter. With the 2 block walk to Canal, if you don't want to walk down Canal, hop on a streetcar, and get off where desired $1.25.

I go to Jazz Fest every year, including this year- this is an excellent venue for all kinds of great music, also consider going there as well.

http://www.norta.com/RTA_System/Buses/index.html The airport bus, is with the Jefferson transit.

Actually this IS the FRENCH QUARTER JAZZ FEST and it's next weekend. You can find info on it here http://www.apassion4jazz.net/french_quarter.html

Archived