Cruise Critic Community
mikedoes

George town, grand cayman

If you want to go to the beach, just grab a cab. Seven mile beach is beautiful and the cabs are inexpensive and plentiful. They are service, food, bars, and water rides available for purchase.

You probably don’t need to set up excursions in advance. In the dock area where tenders drop you there are numerous shacks selling all manner of tours at what seemed to be reasonable prices.

We went on a submarine excursion in the morning before taking a cab to a beach area. I am sure they also had snorkel and boat trips.

I’ve only been there once but it is by far my favorite Caribbean island

6-14-2012

Looking for quality non-ship excursions.

1- Catamaran

2- Snorkel

3- Beach

Several years ago we took a snorkel excursion to Sting Ray City. Thoroughly enjoyed it. You get to swim with wild sting rays that frequent a sand bar offshore. If you go, take the earliest time offered. When we went we were all alone and it was great. Shortly afterwards, several tour boats arrived and it got very, very crowded.

The first time on Grand Cayman we hired a car and did our own thing, which was fine for us.

Just as you get outside of where the ship docks there are a host of opportunities for beach / snorkel etc trips., so this year we joined a group that took us to a bus which took us to a boat which took us to Stingray City ( which is in the middle of the ocean) where we could hold and see loads of stingrays in the beautiful crystal clear waters. They then took us to where the waters were deeper and we could snorkel from the back of the boat. I think it cost 40dollars per person and as my DP is not into snorkelling, they charged him a bit less.

They are obviously very aware of the ships times and got us back to the port in good time.

It was a fabulous experience. Grand Cayman is lovely.

Fat Fish Adventures! A small group, a jet ski trip to Stingray City to visit with the stingrays, snorkeling, a stop at starfish point, all make for a fabulous excursion. The cost is reasonable. I highly recommend them.

They are vans leaving frequently to seven miles beach. Just ask outside the harbour where those vans stop. The stop is very close.

If you want to Catamaran instead of Jet Ski try NativeWay had a great time doing Stingray City and Rum Point

If you get bored with all of that then you could go to Hell.

It's a little town in GC that looks like nothing you've ever seen.