Pic of the WORLD - Residence-at-Sea cruiseship

CJcruzer

while on our Volendam cruise, we were berthed next to the WORLD - the Residence at Sea cruise ship - twice; once in Napier and another time in Auckland. The Residence was in port in Auckland for AT LEAST three days, since we were post-cruise for that length of time.

Pic of the WORLD in Auckland harbour, taken from Fuller's ferry en route to Devonport. click on the attached photo for larger version

921877785_AustNZealand-2574CROPPED.jpg.0289a0d4740e557bbbe26bd880c877ac.jpg

'while on our Volendam cruise, we were berthed next to the WORLD - the Residence at Sea cruise ship - twice; once in Napier and another time in Auckland'

So, what are you are trying to tell us....

We berthed next to her in Norway, last year. The ship was spotless and the crew impeccably dressed. The ship was nearly empty only a few people on balconies. The discussion at that time was whether the owners could sublet their condos out, and how would that affect the decorum of the ship.

Yes they do Sublet them, a lot in fact, but there is a process of to whom, not anyone, need substantial net worth I believe, and some decent references.

'while on our Volendam cruise, we were berthed next to the WORLD - the Residence at Sea cruise ship - twice; once in Napier and another time in Auckland'

So, what are you are trying to tell us....

Actually not "telling" anyone anything. Took an amateur photo, thought it would be of interest, gave the info as to where it was anchored in case anyone was interested as to what skyline was in the photo - no ulterior motives -

also, I did start a new thread with it's own title, so as to not hijack any ongoing thread. Hope nobody minds I posted it on a HAL thread, but HAL us my cruise line of choice and I was posting a pic of the VOLENDAM on another thread and added this thread and picture purely for fun.

Maybe for the firs few months... then it is routine. Anything to excess soon turns out poor. Love lobster .. howabout every day for 3 months. Like living in a ski resort full time... not quite as fun after a while!

Maybe, just maybe we like crusing because they are a break in our lives and routine. Something different, variety is the spice of life.

Coming home day after day to the same cabin might get a little ordinary and boring.

A high percent of people who move to Hawaii, move back within 18 months... Paradise lost when you have to actualy live in it 24/7.

Not to sound stupid, but how big is this ship? I've seen it on tv and read about it before, but I'm not sure I'm imagining it correctly. Is it like the size of a Vista ship or larger/smaller. I can't tell from the photo.

Thanks!!

:) :)

Not to sound stupid, but how big is this ship? I've seen it on tv and read about it before, but I'm not sure I'm imagining it correctly. Is it like the size of a Vista ship or larger/smaller. I can't tell from the photo.

Thanks!!

:) :)

Apparently 165 residences....hubby had counted the lifeboats and roughly estimated probably not more than 300-400 people not counting staff....not sure at what passenger capacity it usually sails ..... Would have loved to bump into someone who was actually sailing the World at the time.....

Archived