MDR Breakfast

stoneharborlady

Can anyone post two or three dining room breakfast menus? It would be appreciated, thank you!

Not recent, but I do not think they have changed much.

First picture shows the left side of the menu which is the same every morning.

Second and third pictures show the right side from two different mornings. This does change each day. On longer cruises, the right side will repeat.

(Sorry the pictures are not better quality)

2670615020016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

2741710250016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

2407091610016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Can anyone post two or three dining room breakfast menus? It would be appreciated, thank you!

I don't have a photo of actual menu, here is from the best of my knowledge.(so much to choose from;MDR breakfast very relaxing)

Specials every day of cruise(changes daily): example- Blueberry Pancakes,Fritatta,eggs florentine,eggs benedict, eggs with asparagus/swiss cheese, & french toast.

Everyday of cruise: juices,coffee,teas,hot chocolate(AK cruises;others you pay for this),milk, fresh fruit,cereals, yogurt,smoked salmon with capers on a bagel with cream cheese, eggs cooked all ways,bacon,ham,sausage, hash browns, toast,english muffins, pancakes, tray brought around of croissants/pastries.

I am sure I missed something, but here is a general idea.

As far as what time breakfast is served, just read the Patter, it can vary day to day, ship to ship.

:)They make fabulous French Toast with corn flake crumbs. If it is on the menu, don't miss it.

It is often featured in the MDR on the last morning of the cruise. It is James Beard recipe that he developed for the Santa Fe railway. Carbill posted the recipe a year a so ago and I have tried making it when we have a crowd for breakfast....but I can't do it as well as Princess.:o

:)They make fabulous French Toast with corn flake crumbs. If it is on the menu, don't miss it.

We had heard so much about this French Toast we tried it on our last cruise. If you like deep fried bread then you will like it. We thought it was absolutely disgusting, so heavy and greasy. We will never get it again.

We had heard so much about this French Toast we tried it on our last cruise. If you like deep fried bread then you will like it. We thought it was absolutely disgusting, so heavy and greasy. We will never get it again.

This is a perfect example of how there is so much personal preference involved in food ratings here. There are so many posts reporting about the quality of the food on Princess compared to other HAL, Celebrity, RCI, Carnival, and on and on..Even cruise reviews often have completely different ratings for food by different posters on the same cruise!

Conclusion? If you like it, it's good, maybe even great or Excellent! if you don't, well.. it was not so good, or even bad, inedible, disgusting or terrible!

Obviously opinions are like ******** (you know the rest) and should be taken as such.. Fun to read, but "your results may vary"

I had thought it was deep fried as well but it is baked.

when i was on the emerald last week, they offered the james beard french toast for breakfast and then offered it as a brunch item on the lunch menu that same day. they also offered it for breakfast on the last morning of the cruise. it's yummy! bring your own maple syrup if you can.

cheers

Not recent, but I do not think they have changed much.

First picture shows the left side of the menu which is the same every morning.

Second and third pictures show the right side from two different mornings. This does change each day. On longer cruises, the right side will repeat.

(Sorry the pictures are not better quality)]

Thanks so much for the menus. Sounds yummy and something for everyone. I am glad they have a gym onboard!

Then why was grease running out of it as I went to cut it? :eek:

You obviously had a bad experience which is to bad. Fortunately, I have not had such and experience and I also have a copy of the recipe which calls for it to be baked.:)

when i was on the emerald last week, they offered the james beard french toast for breakfast and then offered it as a brunch item on the lunch menu that same day. they also offered it for breakfast on the last morning of the cruise. it's yummy!

As shown below

2441103510016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

These are the menus from the Amazon cruise in December.

Everyday in the Main Dining Room

Juices: Orange, Apple, Prune, Tomato, Pineapple

Fresh fruit: Half Grapefruit, Orange Segments, Papaya or Melon in season, Sliced Bananas

Compotes: Stewed Prunes, Cinnamon Flavored Fresh Apple Wedges

Cereals: Oatmeal with cream or milk, Corn Flakes, Granola, All Bran, Grape Nuts, Special K, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Bran Flakes, Shredded Wheat, Rice Krispies, and Muselix

Yogurt: Plain or Flavored fruit yogurt

Smoked Salmon, Toasted Bagel, Cream Cheese

Egg Dishes: Fried Eggs, Poached Eggs on Toast, Soft Boiled, Plain Scrambled Eggs, Omeletttes (Plain, Mushroom or Ham and Cheese), Egg Beaters (Omelette or Scrambled)

Grill and Griddle: Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with Syrup, Rasher of Bacon, Ham Steak, Link Sausage, Hash Brown Potatoes

From the Bakery: Soft and Crusty Rolls, Croissants, Danish Pastries, English Muffins, Fruit and Bran Muffins, Six-Grain Bread

Beverages: Regular and Herbal Tea, Regular and Decaffeinated American Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Regular Milk and Skim Milk

Specials 12/17/11

Warm Blueberry Pancakes

With Syrup and Whipped Cream

Alaska Scrambler

Scrambled Eggs with Diced Smoked Salmon, Accompanied by Golden Hash Brown Potatoes

Specials 12/18/11

Eggs Florentine

Two Poached Eggs on a Bed of Sauteed Spinach Leaves, Topped with a Swiss Cheese Sauce

Fresh Fruit Plate

A Refreshing Selection of chilled, seasonal fresh fruits, accompanied by a scoop of Ricotta Cheese flavored with lemon peel

Specials 12/19/11

The Lumberjack

Grilled Minute Steak, Two Ranch Style Fried Eggs, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Crispy Hash Brown Potatoes

Assorted Melon Cocktail

Fresh Cantaloupe, Honeydew, and Watermelon Drizzled with Tangy Lime Juice

Specials 12/20/11

Frittata Con Funghi

An Open Faced Omelette with Sliced Mushrooms and Provolone Cheese, served with Grilled Italian Sausage, Polenta and Herbed Foccacia Bread

Caribbean Sunrise

A Fresh Pineapple Boat Filled with a Tropical Fruit Salad, Topped with a Honey-Yogurt Dressing

Specials 12/21/11

Eggs Benedict

Two Poached and Canadian Bacon on Toasted English Muffins, Topped with Hollandaise Sauce

Mother’s Favorite Compote

Kadota Figs, diced Yellow Peaches and Bartlett Pears mariniated in syrup and garnished with a Strawberry

Specials 12/22/11

Scrambled Eggs with Green Asparagus and Swiss Cheese

Accompanied by Gratin Potatoes

Dr. Bircher’s Museli

A Healthy Mixture of Rolled Oats Soaked in Milk and Yogurt, Enhanced with shredded Apple, toasted Hazelnuts, Raisins, and Honey

Specials 12/23/11

Farmer’s Style Eggs

Two Fresh Eggs accompanied by a slice of Country Ham, Link Sausage, Crisp Bacon Strips, and Home-Fried Potatoes

Poached Finnan Haddie

Smoked Haddock, served with Seasoned Parsley Potatoes and Melted Butter

Specials 12/24/11

J.B.’s French Toast

With Crumbled Up Corn Flake Coating

Kadota Fig Compote

Tender Juicy Figs soaked in Syrup with finely grated Lemon Peel

Specials 12/25/11

Eggs Benedict

Two Poached and Canadian Bacon on Toasted English Muffins, Topped with Hollandaise Sauce

Mother’s Favorite Compote

Kadota Figs, diced Yellow Peaches and Bartlett Pears mariniated in syrup and garnished with a Strawberry

Specials 12/26/11

Spanish Tortilla

An open faced Egg Omelette with sliced Bermuda Onions and Diced Potatoes

The Ritz’s Compote

Fresh Grapefruit and Orange Segments in their own juice, lightly sprinkled with Toasted Almonds

Specials 12/27/11

English Tradition

Two Fried Eggs, Baked Beans, Sausage, Bacon, Grilled Tomato and Mushrooms, served with White or Whole Wheat Toast

Hawaiian Surprise

Papaya Filled with a fresh Fruit Medley and served with Sour Cream-Honey Dressing

Specials 12/28/11

Huevos Rancheros

Toasted Flour Tortillas Topped with Two Fried Eggs, Salsa and shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, enhanced with Frijoles Refritos

Traditional Swiss Alpine Muesli

A nutricious blend of Rolled Oats, shredded Pear, Orange Segments, sliced Banana, Raisins, chopped Hazelnuts, Yogurt, Milk and Brown Sugar

Specials 12/29/11

The Lumberjack

Grilled Minute Steak, Two Ranch Style Fried Eggs, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Crispy Hash Brown Potatoes

Assorted Melon Cocktail

Fresh Cantaloupe, Honeydew, and Watermelon Drizzled with Tangy Lime Juice

Specials 12/30/11

J.B.’s French Toast

With Crumbled Up Corn Flake Coating

Kadota Fig Compote

Tender Juicy Figs soaked in Syrup with finely grated Lemon Peel

Archived