LIVE - Food/Wine from the Voyager 4/23

Travelcat2

The beers listed are those that are always available; however, they do bring other local beers on from time to time when in port. On our cruise that included ireland, they had several local brews available as well as hard cider that I did enjoy ( not a beer fan). So it depends where you are cruising. All beers are from a bottle, none on tap.

rachelG thanks for your reply. We are sailing from Barcelona to Southampton, bottles don't worry me, but with that selection then I might have to drink wine or shorts, that will be a great hardship (only joking will love it).

DaveF, thanks for the hint, will try it, lager (or the British version I find is to gassy)

Regards

Marion and Kerry

Thanks for posting all the menus and lists, TC. Since we'll be on the Voyager in about a month, it's very helpful.

BTW, assuming the price for the Louis Roederer Cristal Rose Champagne is not a typo (:D), I'd suggest buying every bottle you can lay your hands on. It would be one of the great bargains of all time. :D

Of the North American beers listed, the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the one you should try. Hope this helps.

To bad there isn't more small brewers ales on board. There are so many now in the USA.

When we were going thru the Med this past November, they had Mythos (think I spelled that right:o, a Greek lager) on board (bottle) which we thought was pretty cool. Two years before we had suggested that Regent should try to carry some regional brews in their sailings around the world.

Greg

DaveFr: It must be a typo. . . . but, I do recall it being much less expensive than expected. Will check when I get back upstairs (I post in the computer room because it does not lose the connection as easily as in the suite).

Poss: We are red wine drinkers. . . . our favorite, so far, from the menu, was "Chaeau Tanunda, Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz, South Australia, 2008" (we are not generally lovers of Shiraz). Also enjoy Bogle wines -- available if you ask at no cost.

charltonkerry: You can request a special beer to have onboard if you think it is easy to obtain at one of the ports you will be visiting. Either have your TA contact Regent or contact them yourself. Once onboard, you can certainly ask if a specific beer can be obtained at an upcoming port.

English Tim: Taste is subjective..... however, I find the champagne on board to be quite good. I had some this morning (Sunday) with caviar at breakfast. Also have had Kir Royale's in the bar and occasionally have mimosas.

Sorry if I missed any questions. My next challenge is the comparison of La Veranda and Compass Rose at lunch. I may not have been clear about where we are having lunch every day. . . . . La Veranda. When I'm read for a hamaburger, it will be at the Pool Bar. Hmmmmm, need to write something on that as well. This has been a lesson in just how many food options there really is on Regent.

Corrections to bar menu. Just went back to the suite and proof-read the Bar Menu post. Considering the fact that I wasn't wearing reading glasses, it wasn't too bad:-)

For those who wear reading glasses, without them it is easy to read 525.00 and $25.00 (sort of?). Enough excuses -- Louis Roederer Cristal Rose 2002 is $525.00 per bottle (sorry)

Under "ARMAGNAC" I neglected to add the following:

Folles Blanches 12 year old $11.00

Larresingle Laubad X.O. $11.00

and.....

Under the "PORT" category, I did not put a price for Graham's Malvedos 1998. It is $13

Last (thankfully) is under "COGNAC". The Martell Cordon Bleu is $19.00 -- not $19.99.

I tried to post this from the iPad in my suite which I am finding pretty useless. It drops the connection constantly. This might vary depending upon your suite location.

Let me add my thanks to you for posting all these menus. I know it's a very time-consuming task, but it's very much appreciated. Could you let me know whether veggie burgers are available at any of the venues on the ship, particularly at the pool grill? I was disappointed not to see them as an option on the room service menu, and am wondering whether my travel agent can request Regent to add this item for my sailing (I'm a vegetarian).

Let me add my thanks to you for posting all these menus. I know it's a very time-consuming task' date=' but it's very much appreciated. Could you let me know whether veggie burgers are available at any of the venues on the ship, particularly at the pool grill? I was disappointed not to see them as an option on the room service menu, and am wondering whether my travel agent can request Regent to add this item for my sailing (I'm a vegetarian).[/quote']

Will check the Pool Grill the next time I am there. I would be surprised not to see a veggie burger on the menu.

Never let it be said that Regent staff/management, etc. do not read this board. Goran, our Food and Beverage Manager, gave me a listing today of all included white and red wines for this cruise to enable me to post them on CC. Although some may change from cruise to cruise, we recognize many that are always available. Some may be in limited quantities but feel free to ask if the wine of the day is not to your liking.

WHITE WINES

St. Francis "Cellar Selection", Chardonnay, Sonoma County, CA 2009

Endeavour Vineyards 'Jackaroo", Chardonnay, South Eastern Australia 2008

Bogel Vineyards, Sauvignon Blanc, Clarksburg, CA 2010

Santa Gloria Rserve, Sauvignon Blanc, Maipo Valley, Chile 2011

Castino Luigi, Cortese Dell'Alto di Monferrato, Mombarcelly, Italy 2010

Scheid Vineyards Chardonnay, Napa Valley, CA 2008

Dry Creek Vineyards Fume Blanc, Sonoma County, CA 2010

Fontana Candida, Frascati Superiore D.O.C., Lazio, Italy 2010

Sancerre Moments Choisis, Loire Valley, France, 2009

Gavi Principessa Gavi, D.O.C.G., Piedmont, Italy 2009

Michel Picard, Pouilly Fuisse, A.O.C. France, 2008

St. Supery, Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, CA 2009

Bouchard Pere & Fils "Saint-Pierre", Macon-Lugny, AOC, France 2009

Tenuta Guado al Tasso, Vermentino, Tuscany, Italy 2010

Lyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand 2011

Rufino Cellars, Orvieto Classici, D.O.C. Firenze, Italy 2010

RED WINES

Chateau Tanuda, Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz, South Ausdtralian, 2008

Estancia Reserve, Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia, CA 2007

Emiliana Emico, Syrah-Malbec, Colchagua Valley, Chile 2009

Brassfield "high Serenity Ranch", Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake County, CA 2006

M. Chapoutier, Crozes-Hermitage, Petite Ruche, France 2009

Placido, Chianti D.O.C.G., Tuscant Italy 2009

Agricola Allegrini, Valpolicella Classico Superiore D.O.C., Veneto, Italy 2008

Serabel, Chateneuf-du-Pape A.O.C. Rhone Valley, France 2008

Cline Cellers, "Cashmere", Sonoma County, CA 2009

Bogle Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, Clarksburg 2009

Entico, Syrah, Malbec, Colchagua, Chihli 2009

M. Chapoutier, Les Vignes de Bila-Haut, Cotes du Roussillon Villages, France 2009

Santa Gloria "Reserve", Cabernet Sauvignon, Maipo Valley, Chile 2009

Oyster Bay, Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand 2011

Corvo, Nero D'Avolo, I.G.T. Sicily, Italy 2019 (their typo -- not mine:-)

Quote from the bottom of their list:

"A Day Without Wine is like a Day Without Sunshine

Cheers"

Kazu: Having only sailed on Regent, I don't know what the other cruise lines' boards are like, but I want to point something out about Regent's. You've probably seen that many posters speak of the excellent service on board Regent: how people really like and care about the employees and how the staff seems genuinely to care about the passengers and go about their duties with visible pride and pleasure. I wanted to say that the same spirit of helpfulness and friendliness and going above and beyond for the sake of others is very much in evidence on the Regent message board. It's something I've appreciated very much over the years.

If you try Regent, I hope you'll love the experience as much as we have.

Let me add my thanks to you for posting all these menus. I know it's a very time-consuming task' date=' but it's very much appreciated. Could you let me know whether veggie burgers are available at any of the venues on the ship, particularly at the pool grill? I was disappointed not to see them as an option on the room service menu, and am wondering whether my travel agent can request Regent to add this item for my sailing (I'm a vegetarian).[/quote']

There actually several different veggie burgers on the pool grill menu. I have tried a couple and they were really good.

Jackie,

If you and Dennis get the chance and are willing, give this a try:

I really am a fan of some of the B&G Chateneuf-du-Pape I have bought in shops here and would like to get your opinion of this one.:o

I know it's a tough mission :rolleyes:.

Greg

Jackie,

If you and Dennis get the chance and are willing, give this a try:

I really am a fan of some of the B&G Chateneuf-du-Pape I have bought in shops here and would like to get your opinion of this one.:o

I know it's a tough mission :rolleyes:.

Greg

Hi Greg,: Coincidentally, some of this exact wine was sent to our suite for tasting tonight. Although we just finished a bottle of wine at dinner, we have sampled this and found it extremely good. Definitely not a touch mission:D

Chloe's mom: The Pool Deck menu was sent to our suite. It appears that there are three burgers that qualify as "vegetarian" -- not sure but I think so:

HAMBURGERS

All burgers are served with toasted sesame bun, french or sweet potato fries

Tofu Green Onion Veggie Burger w/garlic, soy and sesame mayonnaise

Vegetarian burger, ground vegetables with oatmeal, Creole sauce.

Portobello and Feta Cheese Burger with Tzatziki Sauce

Traditional Black Angus Hamaburger or Cheeseburger, American, Provoline or Swiss Cheese

Avocado Tuna Burger -- Burger Bun, Arugula, Tomatoes and Avacado Relish with Cilantro

Bacon Beef Burger with Gorgonzola Cheese, Chipotle-Honey Barbeque sauce, Roma tomatoes

Philly Beef Burger. Smothered Onions, Sauteed Mushrooms, Provolone Cheese

Pesto Beef Burger with mozzarela Cheese, sun-dried tomato mayonnaise

Asian Salmon Burger, green onion and soy mayonnaise

Southwestern Beef Burger, crisp bacon, sauteed onions, jalapeno peppers and barbeque sauce.

SPECIALITIES

6 Pieces of Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip and Celery Sticks

Grilled or Blackened Fish Fillet of the Day, Creole Sauce and French Fries

SANDWICHES

ALSO VEGETARIAN: Panini Caprese, crispy Italian bread with tomato, mozzarella & pesto sauce

Cuban Sandwich - Crisp Cuban Bread with Ham, Roasted Pork, Cheese, Mustard and Dill Pickles

Chicken Sandwich, Cajun Spice or Plain Grilled on Toasted Sesame Bun with Creole Sauce

HOT DOGS

Traditional -- Beef frank with toasted bun, mustard, sweet pickle relish, chopped onions and fresh tomato

New York Deli Dog -- topped with Sauerkraut and mustard.

La Veranda vs. Compass Rose at Lunch. This was quite the challenge. The bottom line is that the hot entrees on the La Veranda buffet is the same as in Compass Rose. The soup available in La Veranda is one of two choices in Compass Rose. I will somehow indicate below items that are the same:

APPETIZERS

Soused Fish Ceviche in lime juice and tomato

Fried Zucchini Patties with Greek cheese and vegetable crisps

Panache of Crunchy Mixed Greens with your choice of dressing

Seasonal Fruit cup

SOUPS

Miso soup with tofu and shrimp (SAME AS LA VERANDA)

Chilled Tangerine Cream

SANDWICHES OF THE DAY

Grilled Reuben Sandwich Rye Bread filled with corned brisket of beef, sauerkraut and swiss cheese.

Rosemary flavored focaccia with ricotta cheese and egg salad

Cajun Beef Burger

SALAD ENTREES

Caesar Salad with your choice of topping. Grilled or blacked Chicken Breast or Shrimp.

Fried Sesame Chicken Salad tossed with light soy-ginger dressing

Assorted Smoked Fish Plate with Seasonal vegetables and soft boiled egg.

ENTREES (ALL OFFERED IN LA VERANDA)

Fettucine con Polpettine di Vitello. Fettuccine pasta with fresh tomato sauce and veal meatballs.

Fried Cod Fillet, parsley potatoes and Hungarian Paprika mayonnaise

Grilled Marinated Korean-style Flan k Steak with Stir-fried rice.

Roasted Pork Loin with Ricotta Stuffing, Olive stuffed Tomatoes and Fondant potatoes

VEGETARIAN SELECTIONS

Fried Zucchini Patties with Greek Cheese and Vegetable Crisps

Chilled Tangerine Cream

Rosemary Flavored Focaccia with Ricotta Cheese and Egg Salad

CANYON RANCH

Canyon Ranch Caesar (105 calories)

Cod Fillet (290 calories)

Fresh fruit Cup (70 calories)

Always Available Menu posted previously

DESSERTS

Pear Bourdaloue Tart -- Poached Pear and Almond Cream Tart

Chocolate Croissant pudding on Marbled Sauce

No suggar added Coconut Mousse Pyramid on Pineapple Carpaccio

Ice cream

Ice Cup Meringue - Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Sorbet, Meringue and Whipped Cream

Ice Cream of the day: Spumoni - Mango

No sugar added Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt -- Raspberry Sorbet

LA VERANDA LUNCH. I took notes on everything I could (getting rather strange looks). Some items did not have explanatory signs.

As you enter La Veranda, there is a pizza station before you approach the buffet. There are three pizza choices every day. Margarita pizza (always offered)....... today's other offerings was salmon pizza and mushroom/onion (another possible vegetarian option).

The salad bar had:

Cucumbers

3 types of lettuce

anchovy

bacon bits

parmesan - sliced

Dressing: Italian/Balsamic/Vinaigrette/Caesar/Thousand Island/French/blue Cheese

Pre-made salads:

Chicken Salad

Seafood Salad

Large shrimps

Potato Salad

Pasa Salad

Rice and Corn Salad

Endive with Sardines

Bread with feta cheese

ham roll-ups

Ham and salami

Proscuitto

Caraway Rolls with liver sausage and sliced pickles

On the side:

Olives -- black and green

Jalapenos

Things that I have missed -- sorry.

Also:

Whole Wheat Chiabatta with salmon salad and cucumbers

Pita w/Humus and Sauteed Mushrooms

Flank Seak (horseradish and gravy on side) -- this is at carving station

Cod Fillet

Mixed Vegetables

Roasted Pork Loin

Roasted potatoes

Rice

Souvlaki Chicken

Mashed Potatoes

At pasta station: Pasta Con Polpettioe di Vitello (misspelled) - Veal Meatballs in tomato sauce.

Miso Soup w/tofu and shrimp

DESSERT

Paris Brest (not a typo) -- flakey pastry with mocha or hazelnut cream (delicious)

No sugar added cookies and regular cookies

Raspberry Cup Cakes

Coconut Mousse Terrine

Pear Bourdaloue Tart

Dark Chocolate Mousse

Fruit Tartlet

Fresh fruit - sliced

CHEESES

St. Nc Taire

Danish Blue

Havarti

Edam

Emmenthaler

There is also a hot dessert dish. Today it was Croissant Chocolate Chip Pudding w/cream or custard

NOTE: These items change a lot. This is just a sample that I am giving per request.

Tomorrow we have a rather long tour. I need to post tonight 's CR menu but it may take 24 hours or so.

Also have to say that poss' post (prior to mine) explains the crew on Regent perfectly. They are here to make your cruise the best it can possibly be. Take some time to get to know them. . . . . they will also get to know you and this will make the cruise just a little bit better.

Kerry, none of the North American brews on this list resemble a bitter. The Sierra Nevada is a little like a hoppy IPA, though. There is a North American brew that nails the character of bitter -- it is called Redhook ESB and is widely available on the West Coast of the U.S. - maybe elsewhere too. Brewed in Seattle IIRC. Perhaps they could stock that for you -- though why not just ask them to lay in a supply of Fuller's ESB or whatever you fancy?

Kerry, none of the North American brews on this list resemble a bitter. The Sierra Nevada is a little like a hoppy IPA, though. There is a North American brew that nails the character of bitter -- it is called Redhook ESB and is widely available on the West Coast of the U.S. - maybe elsewhere too. Brewed in Seattle IIRC. Perhaps they could stock that for you -- though why not just ask them to lay in a supply of Fuller's ESB or whatever you fancy?

Will look for this one while we're in SF this week. After a winter of drinking wonderful craft beers from different states, I have to say they are obsessed with hops--but few attempts to do an English bitter. I believe they can't get the right ingredients or no one has reproduced the process. Really, an IPA is your best bet. Sierra Nevada is a fair one, but of course no draft onboard!

Thank you kvisf and wendythewanderer, I have emailed Regent UK and requested two bitters that I like, both can be supplied in bottles or cans, if I get a reply I will let you know. ESB's locally know as falling over bitter, no doubt because if you had more than 3 you where guaranteed too. I will also enjoy all the fine wines etc on board so it would not be even a minor inconvenience if there was none on board.

Bitter must be fairly unique to the UK, I know that Germany and Belgium also produce a "hoppy" type beer. People probably think I am obsessed by this, but to try to explain, my greatest memories of my previous cruises is sitting with friends at the rear of the ship, pint of bitter in hand, sun setting, and watching the wake slowly disappear, can their be any better moment? The taste of bitter also bring the memories flooding back of those long loss cricketing mates, those warm English evening spent in a typical pub, having a laugh and joke, and putting the world to right, happy days. Lager just does not bring back these memories.

Regards

Marion and Kerry

Bitter must be fairly unique to the UK, I know that Germany and Belgium also produce a "hoppy" type beer.

Regards

Marion and Kerry

Kerry,

You have forgotten the Aussie bitter beers - many are made but probably the most famous is VB (Victoria Bitter). I don't know how it compares to the English bitters but it is ALWAYS drunk cold - probably to do with our climate compared to yours. It is widely available around the world - I have seen it often in England and the US but don't know whether Regent ever has it on board. I believe that our original beer tastes come from the early convict days, so I suspect that Aussie beers may be closer to English beers than those from any other country.

Peter

Peter, never had the pleasure of a visit to Australia, although am trying to get the wife to do a cruise out that way soon, my brother lives within a couples of hours of Brisbane, will have to ask him to taste some on my behalf. Never seen an Aussie bitter in the Uk, although there's plenty of lager knocking around, can't get my mind around cold bitter, just aint right, but there again we are not fortunate enough to have your climate.

Nice to see the reference to the convicts, no doubt it will be heard a little more later on in the year, can't beat a bit of friendly banter, between the mother country and one of her offspring?

Regards

Kerry

Archived