Cruise Critic Community
suef26

Beware Bogus Onboard Credit

Lesson to be learned: always get OBC offers in writing when confirming a booking. Clearly, there was a miscommunication between the OP and their "cruise agent".

Exactly...I always make sure any offers I get from the TA are in writing on the contract they send me. Cross your T's and dot your i's and get it in writing.

Here on CC they seem to irritate people more than please them.

In our case, they involve spending way more than I'd spend on something, to get some trivial amount of money back.

Lesson to be learned: always get OBC offers in writing when confirming a booking. Clearly, there was a miscommunication between the OP and their "cruise agent".

This is superb advice and I would add to it, take a printed copy of your receipt with you. On our January cruise, we did not get the full credit from the TA. I was able to email our agent and she resolved the issues electronically and we got our credit while onboard.

This is superb advice and I would add to it, take a printed copy of your receipt with you. On our January cruise, we did not get the full credit from the TA. I was able to email our agent and she resolved the issues electronically and we got our credit while onboard.

Of course, in this case, having it all in writing would have been worthless. Agent made it sound like an OBC, but it was the normally useless coupon book.

(by the way, the orgininal post is from April - and not somebody else getting scammed)

Coupons:cool:. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist:o).

Confused....what couldn't you resist? Are you implying that I should have used a capital "C" or that I should have had an "s" on the end of the word?

Edited by boowaaccaa

Confused....what couldn't you resist? Are you implying that I should have used a captial "C" or that I should have had an "s" on the end of the word?

Coupons in a coupon book....it was a joke! :)

Confused....what couldn't you resist? Are you implying that I should have used a capital "C" or that I should have had an "s" on the end of the word?

A poor attempt at wisea** humor, that's what I couldn't resist. It was not my intent to imply anything.

A poor attempt at wisea** humor, that's what I couldn't resist. It was not my intent to imply anything.

I got it (thought it was funny too!).:rolleyes: