Capitan Bob Cass

carlp

Relax Captain. This site is all about sharing experiences with others so they can make informed decisions. We were disappointed that others were booked on boats that were safe for the conditions and we were turned away. We were disappointed that while others (booked with you AND other excursions) were able to go on their merry way and we were stuck without an excursion. We were disappointed that we had paid in full and were turned away while others paid upon arrival. We were disappointed that all of the walking in a short period of time adversely affected the day for my wife. Whether you like it or not, this information could be helpful to future cruisers.

Maybe someone with similar issues will now seek transportation or a wheelchair rental. Maybe a potential customer will ask a question in regards to the boat that they are booked on. Maybe the same situation can be avoided for someone.

This just wasn't all "my bad luck". I paid the same amount as everyone else and was booked on a boat that was not on par with the others and our trip was cancelled. Due to THIS fact along with the windy day, we were left hanging. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in my post that I believe the excursion is likely a good one. I mentioned that when asked, you refunded my money at the dock. I never insulted you or questioned your integrity or the quality of your excursion. Everything I said was true. The fact that we were booked with you on that boat specifically had a negative impact on our visit. My point to you, and other potential customers is that an email could have saved our day. A phone call could have saved our day. Some kind of procedure in place on your part to contact customers in an event like this MAY just save the day for them. Once again, I believe the positive reviews that I read about your excursion. That is why we booked with you in the first place. There is, however, always room for improvement.

To say it was just our bad luck with the conditions and the state of the sea isn't quite the entire picture.

I see all of the positive reviews, and I believe them. Let me be clear to everyone. My post was not an attempt to divert business from Captain Bob. It was intended to help others ask questions in advance to avoid this situation. Maybe rough seas prompt someone to call you in advance before leaving the ship. Or maybe convince you to get phone numbers in advance or send an email, that's all. Fair enough?

Just wondering which boat you were booked on? I did not know he ran different styles of boats.

Just wondering which boat you were booked on? I did not know he ran different styles of boats.

He emailed a picture of the boat. It looks smaller than the others and more "basic". It looked from the pic like it had a small open bow. Just guessing, but it looks from the pic like it would feel crowded with more than 6 or 8 people.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband Harold and I recently went snorkeling with Captain Bob, and I must say that this was our favorite excursion out of all of the places we visited! Captain Bob was kind, funny, professional, and truly seemed to do everything in his power to ensure that his guests had a great day. I did not snorkel, so I got to hang out on the boat with him quite a bit, and I really found him to be a genuinely nice fellow.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience.

Hey, Captain, if you read this, it is Rena. Thanks again for providing a very memorable and fun day :)

My husband Harold and I recently went snorkeling with Captain Bob, and I must say that this was our favorite excursion out of all of the places we visited! Captain Bob was kind, funny, professional, and truly seemed to do everything in his power to ensure that his guests had a great day. I did not snorkel, so I got to hang out on the boat with him quite a bit, and I really found him to be a genuinely nice fellow.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience.

Hey, Captain, if you read this, it is Rena. Thanks again for providing a very memorable and fun day :)

Hi Rena! This is the Tanner family, yes the ones with the kids from Alabama. Captain Bob was the best, glad we could share this excursion with you!

My wife and I booked with Captain Bob for a repo cruise in april (2013) on the dawn. I can't say enough good things about the tour. The weather made the snorkeling sites completely cloudy, so we hit a couple alternate spots. The spots were very very beautiful and relaxing, even though we saw old naked people across from Orient Beach as we were leaving. The lunch was very good and they have cheap frozen drinks. The view was incredible from the table. We loved it so much we are booking again for next year! Hopefully the water is good this time and we can swim with sea turtles. If not, we'll still have a blast.

Captain Bob's tour is absolutely the best tour we have taken in all the islands we have visited. We were with him on May 4 - our second year in a row and would love to come back again and again. He takes us to the best snorkeling sites, provides a fantastic gourmet french lunch, and makes sure we are always safe and comfortable while thrilling us with the beauty and nature of the island - not to mention the fun of riding in a speed boat through the gorgeous caribbean water.

After seeing reviews on here and trip advisor, we decided to book a day with Capt Bob, and a great day it was, weather could have been better, but the scenery, the snorkeling, the meal on the beach, and our great tour guide more than made up for the ovecast drizzly day. We are avid cruisers, who usually do the tours through the cruise line, but we were getting tired of the normal bus tour excursions and thought we would give this a try. For the price we paid, we were very very satisfied. We enjoy the water, but had never been snorkeling before, what a treat, with some detailed instructions from Capt Bob I was off and snorkeling with in minuets. We will be back in St Maartens again, and no doubt try and arrange another tour. Thanks again Capt Bob for a most enjoyable day

For those who have toured with Captain Bob, did you have or see any infants on your tours? We have a wide range of ages in our group and would love to know if this is something that all would enjoy. Thank you in advance for your help.

On the day we went out, the other boat with the tour had a 18mth old, and 2 other children that were about 3 & 5. We met up with them for lunch and at a few of the snorkeling spots, all seemed well and good. They appeared to be enjoying themselves, and were well behaved children. If you have uncontrollable kids, or ones that can't sit still, the confines of a boat loaded with people is not a good place to take them.

For those who have toured with Captain Bob, did you have or see any infants on your tours? We have a wide range of ages in our group and would love to know if this is something that all would enjoy. Thank you in advance for your help.

I've done the Captain Bob tour twice and the youngest child that I saw was probably around 7 or 8. I would not recommend this tour if you had an infant since the boat goes pretty fast, it can be bumpy and you could get splashed. You may want to check with Capt Bob since he may have a minimum age requirement.

Edited by mamoni

After much research on this site and TripAdvisor, we contacted Capt. Bob about eight months prior to our May B2B on the Allure. We have always booked our own excursions and haven't done a ship excursion in over 12 years. I can truthfully say we booked the absolute best excursion ever with Capt Bob.! He is the ultimate professional and sees to it that everyone is having a great time.

Our group in Bob's boat had to wait about 30 minutes due to a couple of chain smoking drunk gals that couldn't find the marina despite detailed directions from Bob. On top of being late, they wanted to pay with a credit card even tho Bob's email specifically said cash only. And to top that, they were constantly complaining about everything possible, to a point that the rest of us where ready to throw them overboard. To give him much credit, Bob bent over backwards to accomodate these two idiots. I know I probably could not have been as polite and professional as Bob was. He was a genuine gentleman dealing with these gals. He even accepted their credit cards at the end.

Please do yourself a favor......book a tour with Capt. Bob....it will be the best $99 you will ever spend in St. Marteen.

Gus and Jackie says "Hi Capt. Bob". Thanks for a wonderful time. Continued success. You should be very proud of your business.

We are cruising in Sept. on Disney Fantasy. This is our first Disney cruise. I hear a lot about Cpt. Bobs excursion. Can you give more detail to this? Is this a private booked excursion ,not thru Disney? We will have 5 people total 3 adults and 2 kids,5 & 8.

What is the pros and cons to booking excursions not thru Disney cruise line?

Thanks,

We just returned from the Freedom of the Seas and booked Capt. Bob when we were in St. Maarten. My husband's comment while walking back to the pier, "That was the best excursion we have ever done!" Now you need to know that DH is the king of doubters. He was sure we wouldln't get back on time and would miss the ship. He prefers to book with the cruise line and fight the crowds. I talked him into this one and all 11 of us are glad I did.

Bob was quick to confirm our reservations and sent very clear directions to his dock. It was a brief, ten minute, walk on a palm lined street. We were assigned a boat with Fab as our captain. He was awesome. Informative, fun, with just the right mix of safety and adventure. Our group was diverse, my 80 year old dad and his wife, DD (23) and her husband, DD's inlaws (60's), DS and his three friends (18-19), DH and myself (50). The day was a mix of the highlights of St. Maarten. I had wanted to find a snorkel, Maho beach mix and this was it. We started off touring the island, through the canal to the french side and then to Tintamarre Island for snorkeling. Great stop, then on to Pinel Island for a little beach break. From there we went to lunch at a little beachside restaurant. Great BBQ ribs and fish. It was a nice spot to relax before heading back out to Creole Rock for more snorkeling. We passed many beautiful homes and the boys enjoyed "fly-bys" of the nude beaches. Really couldn't see anything but they thought it was hilarious. Finally we ended the day off of Maho Beach where we experienced both the blast from planes taking off (and we still have imbedded sand to prove it) and planes landing over head. All in all it was a great day and I would highly recommend this excursion to families with older children. Be ready to wade in to shore when necessary (waist deep) and snorkel from the boat. Snorkeling is OK in ST. Maarten, not fantastic like in the S. Carribbean but a fun experience. Bob did provide beer, soda, and water but we were not really a partying crowd. If you are worried about booking off the cruise ship do it. It's the best experience you can have.

OMG this excursion was a blast!!!! The speed boat was huge and fast. The Captain Bob was a very cautious but exciting captain and we felt safe at all times. He takes you to see so many thing during this ride and makes several stops on some amazing beaches ! Lunch is served at one of the stops on the beach in a quaint little restaurant. The food was amazing as well. I cannot say enough good about this day with Capt Bob but can guarantee you a fabulous time if you go with him. The name of his company is Soualiga Destinations. BTW, he's a comedian too!!!!!

One more thing, we WILL repeat this trip again when we make it back to StMaarten.

Visited May