Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community
dkjretired

Press Release-New Suite amenities

Have just read online that suite perks are being improved. Includes Bulgari bathroom bits, reserved seating in the theatre, upgraded sparkling wine on embarkation and better mattresses and pillows. Wonder how the reserved theatre seats will work?

Well if its anything like NCL - they have an area marked off for suite guests only and the concierge stands at the entrance who knows all their guests by sight and lets them in and stops the others. RCL have gold card areas for their suite guests and they rope them off until the show starts, again manning them and allowing suite guests in. Once the show starts on RCL they open them to anyone but on NCL, even if they are the only empty seats in the theatre, they don;t let them in.

So someone sailing Celebrity for the first and maybe only time will get reserved theatre seating while my 20 plus credits and climbing mean I get to stand? It use to mean something to be elite but now it feels different. Come on Celbrity get with it and have an elite plus.:rolleyes:

Now if they would only clarify if the complimentary specialty restaurant reservations apply to call ships or only S-Class ships. They have different language about this in different spots on their website so it is ambiguous.

Also, I wonder if these new perks will apply to Sky Suites or only larger suites.

Seems like they are trying to make suite tracks more in line with sister line RCI as well as other competitors outside of the RCCL family such as NCL.

Hi Andy,

Would you be able to see if you can find out if the complimentary dinners at specialty restaurant perk for suite now also applies to M-Class ships? It is so unclear on Celebrity's website.

Thanks! :)

Hi Andy,

Would you be able to see if you can find out if the complimentary dinners at specialty restaurant perk for suite now also applies to M-Class ships? It is so unclear on Celebrity's website.

Thanks! :)

Sure Gonzo, would be happy to ask. Stay Tuned !

Celebrity announced new suite amenities in the below press release...

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1689781&highlight=

Just saw that. I notice that they will now get "reserved seating" in the theater. I have no problem with suite guests getting extra things that we don't get with the cheaper staterooms, but to give them reserved seating means they are taking those seats away from the rest of us. I would assume that these seats will be some of the better seats, which means that no matter how early we might get to the theater, we won't be able to use them. Give them more than us, but don't do it at the expense of the rest of us. Their gain is our loss - a trend I often see in other aspects of life these days.

Just saw that. I notice that they will now get "reserved seating" in the theater. I have no problem with suite guests getting extra things that we don't get with the cheaper staterooms, but to give them reserved seating means they are taking those seats away from the rest of us. I would assume that these seats will be some of the better seats, which means that no matter how early we might get to the theater, we won't be able to use them. Give them more than us, but don't do it at the expense of the rest of us. Their gain is our loss - a trend I often see in other aspects of life these days.

I would guess they did this because I believe it is one of the perks on Royal.

I did notice in the press release a subject that came up last week.

"one complimentary dinner for two (on 7-night itineraries) or two dinners for two (on 8-night or longer sailings) in one of Celebrity's specialty restaurants, "

No mention that this only applies to S class ships...

Edited by dkjretired

I would guess they did this because I believe it is one of the perks on Royal.

I did notice in the press release a subject that came up last week.

"one complimentary dinner for two (on 7-night itineraries) or two dinners for two (on 8-night or longer sailings) in one of Celebrity's specialty restaurants, "

No mention that this only applies to S class ships...

They have sections roped off on RCI for the theater and for ships that have Studio B (ice center) and Aqua theater, they have roped off seating. It does cause a ripple on the RCI board. I don't see an issue with it. Suite guests are going to take up a seat any way so this does not really take seats away from other guests. Also some of the areas that they rope off are not the prime seats. They also open up the seats to all guests ten minutes prior to the show.

I think that the new additions are okay but nothing to rave about. The iPod/IPad docking stations are nice. We had this on the Allure and it was a nice feature.

Edited by cruisingator2

I can attest having recently disembarked Summit 4/28/2012 and having cruised Infinity 06/11 and Century 09/10

that complimentary specialty dining was included on emabarkation day REGARDLESS of what the website states as we participated in the dining offering each time...

I understand it may not be the norm since it is not advertised, but nevertheless it was offered each of the 3 years we sailed in a suite and I hope for it again in August aboard the Constellation in Northern Europe.

Have just read online that suite perks are being improved. Includes Bulgari bathroom bits, reserved seating in the theatre, upgraded sparkling wine on embarkation and better mattresses and pillows. Wonder how the reserved theatre seats will work?

Upgraded to a Sky Suite just in time. It keeps getting better. One month to go.

Just like on royal they will rope off a few of the best rows and only allow suite holders entry.

So someone sailing Celebrity for the first and maybe only time will get reserved theatre seating while my 20 plus credits and climbing mean I get to stand? It use to mean something to be elite but now it feels different. Come on Celbrity get with it and have an elite plus.:rolleyes:

When you pay what suite guest pays you will understand. Oh and get to the theater five minutes early and you won't have to stand. :)

Last summer, my family and I were sailing on the Oasis of the Seas and were very lucky to be upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite. One of the perks was reserved seating for all of the shows. All we had to do was show our room key since they were a different color. The seats were good but there weren't THAT many seats being reserved. For instance, for the aquatheater show, it was maybe 2 rows and in the ice skating arena, it was a few rows (not even the entire row) on just one side of the rink. So I wouldn't get all upset about suite guests taking away good seats. If you do what you have always been doing to get a good seat, you should be fine.

Also, why do "elite" guests think they are so much more "elite" than everyone else. People staying in those suites are afforded different perks than those staying in a balcony cabin, etc. That's just how it is. Who cares? I know its a hot topic on these boards but I just had to say it once.

Hi all,

Well we will know if and when available cause were leaving on the Connie for the Trans this Saturday and have a suite. Crazy I called the Captains Club and they had no clue. I will get back next week and let all know (-:

Going to print this article and take it with us

You just can't beat the info. We get from our CC members.

When you pay what suite guest pays you will understand. Oh and get to the theater five minutes early and you won't have to stand. :)

What they pay for is a better stateroom, better amenities, and a butler. I can understand that with their more expensive stateroom they get more space, larger balconies, better furniture, better bedding, etc. What they shouldn't be getting is something that is taken away from the rest of us to they can have it. Once those of us in the "cheap" rooms are pushed aside so the those in the expensive rooms can be given the space instead, it starts to look too much like a class system. Just like buying a more expensive car doesn't mean you get to move to the front of the line in traffic, suite guests shouldn't get to move to the front of the line in the theater.

I have always believed that outside our rooms we were all equals on a cruise ship. Apparently, that is no longer the case.

I have always believed that outside our rooms we were all equals on a cruise ship. Apparently, that is no longer the case.

How can we all be equal when Elite CC members get a special breakfast venue, Elite Social Hour and other amenities not available to all passengers?

Mary Lou

When you add all the cruises I've done with Celebrity it adds up to a lot more than booking a suite. :p

I don't feel like these perks are that exciting. It still has Celebrity ranking lower than RCCL with it's perks. I much prefer cruise-long access to the Concierge Lounge for pre-dinner cocktails than one bottle of sparkling wine. While we did enjoy the extra attention of a butler on Celebrity the price of Celebrity's suites is very disproportionate to the lower price of RCCL's suites. I feel like the somewhat higher price of X's balcony cabins is well worth the difference of RCCL's balconies. That being said, we do have a suite booked for our upcoming 14 day Eclipse cruise, mostly for the extra room and storage. Sorry, I didn't mean to get so wordy!:o

Seems like they're just trying to align more closely to sister line RC's policies... Still inferior IMO without the concierge lounge. I don't sail in suites (unless upgrades) and I honestly don't mind. Having seen the seat reserving play out on RC it really isn't that disruptive. Hopefully the same will hold true on X.

Seems like they're just trying to align more closely to sister line RC's policies... Still inferior IMO without the concierge lounge. I don't sail in suites (unless upgrades) and I honestly don't mind. Having seen the seat reserving play out on RC it really isn't that disruptive. Hopefully the same will hold true on X.

The larger suites often receive the Elite perks though on Celebrity (not guaranteed, but generally happens with Penthouse and Royal and sometimes with Celebrity Suites). Factoring in the new perks, the butler and the likelihood of Elite perks (at least for the larger suites) Celebrity's suite perks seem more appealing to me than sister line RCI. Even on RCI the Junior Suites (equivalent to Sky Suites on X) do not receive Concierge Lounge access.