Cruise Critic Community
Cashja

Is Card Room Gone on Rhapsody of the Seas?

We have sailed on Rhapsody of the Seas in the past and always enjoyed the card room on the 7th floor. I just noticed that both the card room and the library on the newly printed deck plans show staterooms in place of those two public areas. Has the card room been eliminated altogether? If not, where is it now located? Thank you. This is my first post. I hope I am doing it correctly.

Guessing the rooms weren't utilized enough versus the added revenue from converting the space to extra staterooms. I was looking forward to using the card room/library on our upcomming cruise. Wonder how many weird looks my husband and I will get playing Magic the Gathering in the Viking Lounge, etc.

:P

Looks like it. Deck 8 also no longer has the Explorer Lounge or Crown and Anchor study. I wonder if that is why the cabins got renumbered.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1613815&highlight=rhapsody

Yes, they added cabins around the centrum and renumbered all the cabins aft of the centrum. Funny thing is that on deck 7, the existing cabin numbering scheme already had space for the addition of cabins in the centrum area, so those cabins were not renumbered.

Guessing the rooms weren't utilized enough ...

:P

On our three cruises on Rhapsody there was hardly ever anyone in the card room but the library was well patronised. I understand that the library now consists of three bookcases next to the R Bar (old Champagne Bar) on Deck Four.:( I think the Loyalty Ambassadors might also be near the Centrium on Deck Four.

I'm concerned that more people will head to the Viking Crown Lounge in search of a quiet space. I usually spend some time up there tickling the ivories (passengers are welcome to use this piano:D). I don't particularly care for audience nor do I want to disturb anyone.:eek:

On our three cruises on Rhapsody there was hardly ever anyone in the card room but the library was well patronised. I understand that the library now consists of three bookcases next to the R Bar (old Champagne Bar) on Deck Four.:( I think the Loyalty Ambassadors might also be near the Centrium on Deck Four.

I'm concerned that more people will head to the Viking Crown Lounge in search of a quiet space. I usually spend some time up there tickling the ivories (passengers are welcome to use this piano:D). I don't particularly care for audience nor do I want to disturb anyone.:eek:

You can always book the Royal Suite to get your own Baby Grand Piano. :D

You can always book the Royal Suite to get your own Baby Grand Piano. :D

Oh I wish! It would be great to have that sort of money. It would also be great to be able to play well enough to justify the expense. :cool: