Suite Bonus for the S-Class Ships

maxout

Not sure what you mean by "Suite Bonus".

To Clarify:

Bonus Cruise Day Credits - "Suite Bonus When you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise you’ll not only enjoy special amenities, but you’ll also qualify for double cruise day credits. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 cruise day credits."

Which staterooms qualify for the Suite Bonus for the S-Class Ships? Is it BC and above or only S/PS? :confused:

On a S class ship that would be 'S' and 'PS' cabins, those are your suites. They are the only cabin entitled to the bonus days as far as I know.

On a S class ship that would be 'S' and 'PS' cabins, those are your suites. They are the only cabin entitled to the bonus days as far as I know.

I booked a BB on the Maasdam and got the double bonus. -- no Neptune lounge tho.

The Mariner rewards are not really worth enough to be all that concerned with them.

I quess that is up to the person main reason I book the suite is for the extra room, points build up and if you get to 4 starts you get

4-Star Mariner

Guests who collect 200 or more Cruise Day credits join our elite group of 4-Star Mariners. These premier travelers will receive all the following benefits:

Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch

A collectible gift presented to you on board

A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges, wine packages†, beverages in the Explorations Café† and all mini-bar purchases†

A complimentary winetasting session

Complimentary laundry and pressing services†

A 15% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)

A 15% discount on merchandise from http://www.shophollandamerica.com

Discounts on select spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon

Priority disembarkation†

Priority tender†

Priority check-in†

Early notification of shore excursions available for prebooking*

A complimentary photo of the ship

A special recognition lapel pin

A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure or Food & Wine magazine (one per household)

A free subscription to the print or digital* version of Mariner magazine

An annual cruise planner

Advance notice of new itineraries*

Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

Special offers on select sailings

Waiver of air deviation fees†

Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings

On the S classes, if it has Suite in it's title -- ie Veranda Suite -- it qualifies for the bonus - but do not qualify for the Neptune Lounge.

that is correct - we were in a verandah suite on the Statendam - no Neptune Lounge access or Pinnacle Breakfast perk. But we did get the suite bonus days applied to our Mariner status.

Which is yet another reason why there should be more levels/stars with more perks! :D

I agree 200 days was a low number at which to cap off the Star Mariner Program.

JMO ....

That's even worse yet Sails, IMO on jamming up the '4' stars and 'S'/'PS' even faster, geez:eek:

That's not really the issue - HAL needs to change the check in so they have a lineup for 4* and a lineup for S and PS - pretty simple - but probably too much commonsense for the suits - in fact, two cruises ago - they looked at me when I was going to the S lineup and said it's ok you're a 4* - they were looking for the wrong thing IMO - how about my cabin???:confused:

That's not really the issue - HAL needs to change the check in so they have a lineup for 4* and a lineup for S and PS - pretty simple - but probably too much commonsense for the suits - in fact, two cruises ago - they looked at me when I was going to the S lineup and said it's ok you're a 4* - they were looking for the wrong thing IMO - how about my cabin???:confused:

I am happy that I can afford to cruise at all but the truth is I cannot afford the PH or Suites. I will be 4* eventually and look forward to what perks there are, including priority boarding. However, I totally agree that there should be separate lines for those in the more expensive staterooms and that they should have priority over 4*s - I don't begrudge those who can afford to travel that way or their perks. It's just the way it is and I repeat, I'm happy to be able to cruise.

On the S classes, if it has Suite in it's title -- ie Veranda Suite -- it qualifies for the bonus - but do not qualify for the Neptune Lounge.

That's true of any ship... If "Suite" is in the title, it gets the double days. This rule also applies to where the line is drawn in determining if the Hotel Service Charge is $11.50 or $12 per person per day.

S Class (Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam) and R Class (Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Amsterdam)

BC and up (Note that BQ on Veendam is a Verandah STATEROOM because of the bathroom configuration and doesn't count but is priced accordingly)

Vista and Signature Class

SZ and up

Prinsendam

SY and up

Oh I agree with you, but I guess it is to simple for them to figure out. It is almost faster to go thru the regular lines now.......:rolleyes:

The various "B" categories on "S" ships are eligible for double days in the Mariners Program.

Question from a newbie: Is the Veendam an "S" ship? I booked a BB Cat GTY.

BTW, thanks to all you nice folks on this board - your posts have been very helpful. Regards, -Salcaia

That's true of any ship... If "Suite" is in the title, it gets the double days. This rule also applies to where the line is drawn in determining if the Hotel Service Charge is $11.50 or $12 per person per day.

S Class (Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam) and R Class (Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Amsterdam)

BC and up (Note that BQ on Veendam is a Verandah STATEROOM because of the bathroom configuration and doesn't count but is priced accordingly)

Vista and Signature Class

SZ and up

Prinsendam

SY and up

What you are saying about the HSC does not agree with an email I received from 'AdministrationUK (CCL-UK)'. Here is what they say in their email when I asked about the service charge in an SY cabin

Please find below reply from our head office in Seattle:

Suites include only DELUXE Verandah and PENTHOUSE suite staterooms – they will be charged US$12.00 per guest/per day

on sailings departing on or after December 2, 2011, the Hotel Service charge will be US$11.50 for staterooms and US$12.00 per day for suites.

Superior Verandah Suites and below will be $ 11.50 pp per day.

I am happy that I can afford to cruise at all but the truth is I cannot afford the PH or Suites. I will be 4* eventually and look forward to what perks there are, including priority boarding. However, I totally agree that there should be separate lines for those in the more expensive staterooms and that they should have priority over 4*s - I don't begrudge those who can afford to travel that way or their perks. It's just the way it is and I repeat, I'm happy to be able to cruise.

Me too - happy to cruise - don't misunderstand - I am 4* too and love the perks - and I think the 4* deserve them:) I'm not saying those in suites should have priority over 4* - just two separate lineups and I think that would clarify a lot of things:):) But, that's too simple a solution for the suits in head office:eek:

Question from a newbie: Is the Veendam an "S" ship? I booked a BB Cat GTY.

BTW, thanks to all you nice folks on this board - your posts have been very helpful. Regards, -Salcaia

Yes, on the Veendam a BB is a veranda suite - therefore the double points.:):) enjoy your cruise:)

What you are saying about the HSC does not agree with an email I received from 'AdministrationUK (CCL-UK)'. Here is what they say in their email when I asked about the service charge in an SY cabin

Please find below reply from our head office in Seattle:

Suites include only DELUXE Verandah and PENTHOUSE suite staterooms – they will be charged US$12.00 per guest/per day

on sailings departing on or after December 2, 2011, the Hotel Service charge will be US$11.50 for staterooms and US$12.00 per day for suites.

Superior Verandah Suites and below will be $ 11.50 pp per day.

You are correct about the hotel charges, but the question had to do with double points towards Mariner status.

Deluxe Suites have a $12.00 per person per day hotel charge added but BC and above on the S & R ships also get the double points.

I can verify this because we booked a BC QTY last year on Maasdam and received double points.

I can verify the hotel charges because we were just on Veendam and started in a Lanai and hotel charges were $11.50 per person per day, and ended our vacation in s Deluxe Suite and hotel charge changed to $12.00 per person per day. I hope this helps.

Archived