New to Celebrity - Need info on Beer Sold on Celebrity

geoburm

I am new to Celebrity, we will be on our first Celebrity Cruise in November 2012 and was wondering, for all those "seasoned" beer drinking Celebrity cruisers out there, what are the best deals for beer on board the Celebrity Eclipse? I have read about the packages, but, need some info on how to get the best beer deals. Does Celebrity offer "buckets" of beer, i.e, some cruise lines discount about $2 if you buy by the bucket. I am not a real heavy beer drinker, but, I do like the occasional froth on a hot day, etc. Not REAL picky on the type of beer either. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

It goes day by day depending on beverage sales. Been on ships that had 2 for 1 drinks at select bars from 4 to 5. , some had buckets at certain hours, One had 2 Heinekens for $7 from 4 to 7. Another was 2 for 1 from 9 to 11 at certain lounges. Never know. Most times it would be during port days and was always during a slow time or bar where sales were slow.

You can get Miller, Coors, Buds, Corona, Heinekin, and many other similar beers for a bucket of 6, you pay $27 or $28 including tip, basically the 6th beer is free. I've heard of bags of 8 beers being sold for the cost of 7, supposedly the bags come with ice and its convenient. We were on Silhouette in March and bags were not available. Anyway, they have many microbrewed offerings too, if thats your preference.

Have not cruised yet this year but for the last couple of years on the Summit we would get buckets(buy 5 get 1 free) of Becks for $25.00 plus $3.75 tip or one Becks 5 plus .75. The prices should be the same on all the ships, at least you would think. You can get buckets any time all day long. Have gotten then as early a 9am or late at 9or 10pm. The pool bar had a card with the prices for buckets of different brands.

Enjoy

Archived