Cruise Critic Community
softail

Brilliance charter

I have a question for my fellow cruiser's out there. We are booked on the Brilliance out of San Juan 4-6-2013. Ive heard a rumor that the ship has been chartered for the same date for a Nude Cruise. I have seen it listed on two different site's that book clothing optional travel. Any idea if i need to either re book or take less luggage? Larry

If true, Royal will be calling you and telling you are your cruise has been chartered. DO NOT make any changes until they call you or you will lose out on any compensation offer.

And don't worry, the Atlantis events and Lifestyle cruises are always full charters.

The charter is also going to disrupt the 7 night sailing that begins on April 3rd in Guadaloupe and the 3 night sailing the begins on April 10th in Guadaloupe and ends up in San Juan...

Charters, theme cruises, etc. seem to often come as a surprise. It would be considerate if the cruise lines listed ALL of these things on their site...though, we have seen a few from time to time. I guess they can't do much about the last minute ones...but once chartered, if you tried to book the cruise or just inquired about it, we're guessing a cruise line agent would tell you (we would hope). :)

This is posted on a cruise site out there, specifically for this type of cruise travel...

"Brilliance of the Seas * April 6 - 13, 2013

Join over 2,100 people on one of the most impressive cruise ships in the world for another Full Ship Charter, Couples Only, Clothing Optional Cruise. We will be leaving from beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico on a Southern Caribbean Journey that will include Aruba & Curacao before heading back north so we can visit St. Kitts & St. Maarten..."

:)

Edited by cruiseclues
Remove Remark about softail's cruise date

This is posted on a cruise site out there, specifically for this type of cruise travel...

"Brilliance of the Seas * April 6 - 13, 2013

Join over 2,100 people on one of the most impressive cruise ships in the world for another Full Ship Charter, Couples Only, Clothing Optional Cruise. We will be leaving from beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico on a Southern Caribbean Journey that will include Aruba & Curacao before heading back north so we can visit St. Kitts & St. Maarten..."

Yes i saw that so i guess its wait and see at this time. I was going to purchase aor next month but not now. Had my last RCCL cruise cancelled last year when they decided to move the ship to Asia. May have to stick with Celebrity

Have you seen this thread on Cruise Critic?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1626788&highlight=brilliance titled If you were booked on Brillance April 6, 2013, you aren't going!!!!

No i hadnt but that is the person who went to our roll call to inform us. RCCL does this on occasion and they may not tell us for a few weeks or more.

No i hadnt but that is the person who went to our roll call to inform us. RCCL does this on occasion and they may not tell us for a few weeks or more.

It appears that they had already told his TA of the situation, which is how he found out, so they should be advising you shortly as well. There really shouldn't be such a lag time between notifications.

It appears that they had already told his TA of the situation, which is how he found out, so they should be advising you shortly as well. There really shouldn't be such a lag time between notifications.

Well im leaving from Miami on Friday for a 15 night Panama Canal Cruise. Maybe ill have an email when i return

Karen s,

Where did you get the info that this charter cruise will affect the April 3 from Guadeloupe? That cruise leaves from San Juan on 3/30 and picks up more passengers at the Guadeloupe stop on 4/3. I can hardly believe RCI would close one cruise to the public (4/6-13), let alone two (3/30-4/6). If you did see that reference on a legitimate site, could you let me know, please.

Thank you so much...

Karen s,

Where did you get the info that this charter cruise will affect the April 3 from Guadeloupe? That cruise leaves from San Juan on 3/30 and picks up more passengers at the Guadeloupe stop on 4/3. I can hardly believe RCI would close one cruise to the public (4/6-13), let alone two (3/30-4/6). If you did see that reference on a legitimate site, could you let me know, please.

Thank you so much...

I see no reason that your cruise will be affected. But i think ours will be canceled. Not sure where she came up with that statement.

Karen s,

Thank you so much...

I was just doing the math...the RCI web site shows a 7 night cruise on Brilliance departing Guadaloupe on 3 April. If the Brilliance in chartered beginning 6 April in San Juan (the 3rd port for the 3 April cruise), then I wouldn't see how the 3 April cruise would be viable for the full 7 nights. The 30 March cruise won't be affected, they just won't be able to pick up more passengers in Guadaloupe on 3 April who are expecting a 7 night cruise. Additionally, the three night 10 April cruise on Brilliance that RCI is advertising can't happen if the Brilliance is chartered from 6-13 April.

Yes i saw that so i guess its wait and see at this time. I was going to purchase aor next month but not now. Had my last RCCL cruise cancelled last year when they decided to move the ship to Asia. May have to stick with Celebrity
We came back from a Celebrity cruise April 16 to find out our Dec.cruise on Sillouette had been chartered.We were going to switch it anyway so we took the OBC compensation and said thank you.:cool:

Anybody know which nights are the formal nights in the MDR and what is the suggested attire?:D

You guys shouldn't run from this challenge. When faced with melons...err lemons...

You guys shouldn't run from this challenge. When faced with melons...err lemons...

That's great.:D:D:D

I seriously want to know - are dinners in the MDR also clothing optional? Wouldn't it be weird for the waiters?

I read somewhere that the no clothing people must carry a towel to sit on.How do they know which side of the towel is up?:eek:

I seriously want to know - are dinners in the MDR also clothing optional? Wouldn't it be weird for the waiters?

I'm no expert on nude cruising :o, but I did have a conversation with an employee in the Windjammer about a nude charter that was sailing after a cruise that we were taking. This individual was very upset that she had to be working during a nude charter and discussed some aspects of that particular week with me so all I can tell you is what I think would be called hearsay. But, here goes....

She said that clothing is not optional in any of the dining venues. Most of the clothing optional activity occurs (of course) around the pools, spa, and sunning areas of the ship. Yes, they are supposed to be courteous and walk around with a towel to actually sit upon. She did say that she didn't want to have to do any room service orders and she was bargaining heavily with other employees to try to arrange her schedule so that she would be exposed to as little of the nudity, as possible. I actually felt sorry for her. This is one aspect of the nude charters that I hadn't considered before. I don't think it's appropriate to place someone in a position of such extreme discomfort, actually. IMHO.

I'm no expert on nude cruising :o, but I did have a conversation with an employee in the Windjammer about a nude charter that was sailing after a cruise that we were taking. This individual was very upset that she had to be working during a nude charter and discussed some aspects of that particular week with me so all I can tell you is what I think would be called hearsay. But, here goes....

She said that clothing is not optional in any of the dining venues. Most of the clothing optional activity occurs (of course) around the pools, spa, and sunning areas of the ship.

That is consistent with what I have heard as well. Given even in the Caribbean in summer my wife needs a sweater in the MDR, the AC temps should motivate most people to wear something inside.

I read somewhere that the no clothing people must carry a towel to sit on.How do they know which side of the towel is up?:eek:

I think there might be a way.

_______

Edited by Puffinater

I have talked with several crew and found the same thing,they hate it. Think of all the extra cleaning before the next cruise and how well do they clean all the cloth covered seats like the ones in the theater?

Puffinater,thanks for the clarification,I really didn't need that.LOL

Edited by teajak

I think there might be a way.

_______

Thanks for the clarification,you made my day,not.:p