First Cruise 3/13 Spirit DAY3

The shower has been draining slowly (figured its a ship, not home plumbing) but this morning it overflowed before I could get the shampoo out of my hair. Lots of towels in bathroom so I clean up the mess and my husband calls to let them know about the drain. Off to breakfast my favorite meal ymmm but they are not charging for my tomato juice and haven't charged for my iced teas ????? Because when we got on the ship my husband went to get a soda cup (he drinks alot of soda) he asked the guy what beverages were included on the cruise & was told " none", he asked someone else and they said they did not know, another told him "beverages aren't included", so I went and purchased a soda cup. Now I find that i've paid $22 for 2 sprites. My husband went to the front desk and she told him he'd have to contact corperate. OK off to Cozemel, wonderful day cateraman ride, snorkeling, horseback ride, beach and a little shopping. Back to the ship, need to steam some wrinkes out of dinner clothes and shower. They have NOT fixed the drain, he calls. Finally at 8:30pm a man comes to check the drain, replaces some line. We shower and go for dinner but its now 9:50 and dinners nomore. We went back to our cabin and had something sent our cabin.:confused: :confused:

I have to admit, some of the experiences you are having would start to ruin my day as well. Unfortunetly the training by some of the crew members is not what it should be on all cruise lines. You are making valid complaints not just shooting down everything. Please continue with your trip and we can make comments and

recommendations after. Ice tea,tea,juices and coffee are

free on NCL. To make a blank statement like he did that

it includes nothing was wrong.

Please continue.

DAY 4: The toilet wont flush, I keep trying, decide something wrong with the button. my husband calls them. Now breakfast and the wait for getting to Grand Cayman, you've already read on other threads that we were 3hrs. late. They have us all meet at moulan rouge if we had excersions, so we wait and we wait. Finally they start to call them and sudenally they anounce that the cataraman ride and stingray observ. part of ours has been canceled. We try for another exc. but none available,they will take $20 off our original but that meant $35 each for a bus ride to hell and the turtle farm, we declined. But they would not let us take that tender off the ship, after all this waiting they tell us we now have to go get tender tickets and wait to get off the ship. We got 3 1/2 hrs. on the island, poor island is really thrashed from the hurracanes. Back to the ship. The toilet is still not working, he calls again. No-one comes, he calls again (it smells). After a while we hear the toilet flush (was it a line problem they fixed from elsewhere?). This continued with the toilet for the rest of the cruise. no change in cabin the ship was full. No-one ever came to our cabin to check on it, nor did they call. So we had more than 2 days with a toilet that only occasionlly flushed a cabin that smelled and no-one seemed to care. At dinner we learned from our waitress that crew members didn't get their shore leave, so were they suffering from burn-out?:( :eek:

Archived