Third Freedom Class Ship!!!

I hope this isn't a repost... but here it is ;) .

http://www.akerfinnyards.com/orderbook.cfm

If you scroll down to Freedom of the Seas (Newbuilding No. 1352) it also states SISTER SHIPS (sisterships Nos 1353-4). So apparantly there is another Freedom Class ship on order, totalling three Freedom ships ordered to date. It goes on to state delivery dates of 2006 2008. I would assume that Freedom of the Seas is being delivered 2006 followed by another ship in 2007 and 2008. I don't think it would make much sense to release two ships in a single year to compete against each other.

This would be a good question for LauraS to ask while at the RC event on Thursday in NYC.

Chris

They announced it a few weeks ago I believe. They specifically mentioned it in their 10K statement they filed with the SEC on 4/26/05. It is on Page 16 under future capital commitments.

Future Capital Commitments

We have three Freedom-class ships on order for additional capacity of approximately 10,800 berths with scheduled deliveries in the second quarters of 2006, 2007 and 2008. The aggregate cost of the ships is approximately $2.5 billion, of which we have deposited $171.9 million as of March 31, 2005. Approximately 19% of the aggregate cost of the ships was exposed to fluctuations in the euro exchange rate at March 31, 2005.

As of March 31, 2005, we anticipated overall capital expenditures, including the three Freedom-class ships on order, will be approximately $0.4 billion for 2005 and $1.1 billion for each of the years 2006, 2007 and 2008.

Archived