? for experienced Dawn sailors

meglet

Been a while. Used to sail many times with my ex on HAL

I'm thinking of taking my 2 elderly parents on a July cruise to Bermuda. Any "secrets" of the Dawn? Balcony cabins that might be a bit bigger? Handicapped cabins anyone found especially convenient? Mom is legally blind, dad doesn't walk well. We always sailed midships mini suites. How are the aft facing suites for vibration? Is there any bit of privacy on the balconies with separation walls so that I might get a few romantic moments with my man?

I love food - so are there places to eat at night other than the buffet without waiting in line for 25 minutes?

Thanks for any help, suggestions.

Meg

The Dawn is beautiful, you will just love her! I have only had a balcony room mid ship, but considering the room size, if there is a wheelchair involved I would aim for a handicapped. The bathrooms in the cabins are small, and there is just enough room for two. They advertise more, but if we pull out the couch you can't get to the balcony easily. Not good for a person with vision problems.

My advice is to go with a handicapped cabin but check the ship plans. Go with a room that has only cabins about and below it. Like I did with deck 10. Otherwise you have scraping chairs and or music all night above you! I have heard the aft is good and not so noisy to that's ok too.

July I also heard is pretty hot down there, so dress accordingly. Hope this helps!

Oh and any of the main restuarants will be able to get you right in, I never had to wait at either one. However, the Venetian expects dressy attire and the Aqua expects casual. Keep that in mind. You can dress any way you want in the pay restuarants.

Been a while. Used to sail many times with my ex on HAL

I'm thinking of taking my 2 elderly parents on a July cruise to Bermuda. Any "secrets" of the Dawn? Balcony cabins that might be a bit bigger? Handicapped cabins anyone found especially convenient? Mom is legally blind, dad doesn't walk well. We always sailed midships mini suites. How are the aft facing suites for vibration? Is there any bit of privacy on the balconies with separation walls so that I might get a few romantic moments with my man?

I love food - so are there places to eat at night other than the buffet without waiting in line for 25 minutes?

Thanks for any help, suggestions.

Meg

I know you are getting lots of suggestions, but given your concern about their mobility, I think you would better off with a mid-ship cabin. The ship is a very long ship if you are dealing with mobility issues. Being mid-ship will keep their walking to a minimum. You said you wanted to make it a special trip for them. Would a Garden Villa be a possibility?

Archived