Excursions v/s on your own

shunt66

I am wondering if it is worth it to go on snorkeling excursions or if we should just snorkel on our own. I want to spend as much time as possible snorkeling, but I'm going to be with my 4 kids, so excursions can get expensive. Also, if I do plan excursions, should I only do one? I'm afraid we will be rushing around so much we won't have time to enjoy the island (at Disney World, we did it all, but no relaxation. Don't want that again).

• 2 weeks later...

When you dock in Grand Turk, there's a nice beach where you get off the ship. There's "the wall" in Grand Turk that offers nice snorkeling, but you have to get to it by boat. If your kids want to play around with the snorkel gear, and don't care much for the quality of what they see, just hang out of the beach. There's also Margaritaville (I think that's the name.) very close to where you dock. Well within walking distance. It'd be a nice place for the kids, but no snorkeling.

Half Moon Cay doesn't have much snorkeling. We've been there many times, and tried snorkeling on the opposite side of the island from where the beach is. It really wasn't worth the effort. We don't take our snorkel gear on Half Moon Cay anymore.

Of your 3 ports, Grand Turk "the wall" would have the best snorkeling, but would require an excursion.

Archived