Cruise Critic Community
cransplash

Laser hair removal: Ideal Image?

I'm contemplating getting laser hair removal, and an Ideal Image location just opened in my area. They're running a 50% off promotion for their grand opening.

I'm thinking of getting my under arms, brazilian, and possibly my legs lasered.

1. Has anyone gotten laser hair removal from Ideal Image?

2. Any tips/notes for getting laser hair removal?

3. Does anyone know how much it costs?

Legs, Brazilian and underarms done! I can't answer your first two questions because I'm not on the same continent as you, but I can say this : freedom! Best investment Ever. I didn't follow the suggested schedule so have been dragging it out over the last four years, but I'm finally going for what should be my last time (this will be my ninth session). Results will cost you (I pay about $600 a pop roughly converted) but have taken out a razor maybe twice in the last year. The first few times regrowth may be depressing, but after 3-4 times the results really start to show. My sister had it done about t'en years ago and she's had lasting results since. My only tip is to take panadol or Tylenol about an hour prior. The Brazilian can be particularly painful and uncomfortable, no doubt about it, but it's over in a matter of minutes and soon forgotten. Oh, and stay out of the sun as much as possible in the weeks prior and after.

Legs, Brazilian and underarms done! I can't answer your first two questions because I'm not on the same continent as you, but I can say this : freedom! Best investment Ever. I didn't follow the suggested schedule so have been dragging it out over the last four years, but I'm finally going for what should be my last time (this will be my ninth session). Results will cost you (I pay about $600 a pop roughly converted) but have taken out a razor maybe twice in the last year. The first few times regrowth may be depressing, but after 3-4 times the results really start to show. My sister had it done about t'en years ago and she's had lasting results since. My only tip is to take panadol or Tylenol about an hour prior. The Brazilian can be particularly painful and uncomfortable, no doubt about it, but it's over in a matter of minutes and soon forgotten. Oh, and stay out of the sun as much as possible in the weeks prior and after.

Thanks for the info! $600 a pop- do you mean $600 per area/body part? I have a cruise at the end of Nov and my consultation is mid-June. I think you're supposed to wait 4-6 weeks in b/w sessions, right?

I don't know anything about Ideal Image, but there are Groupons for laser hair removal at least monthly, if not weekly, here.

I have heard the radio commercials. There are lots of Groupons, etc. for our area. I would definitely call around and ask about pricing as it can very greatly.

I have had good results. Lasered about 7 years ago and some some came back or new growth. Do as much as you can before it turns gray, which is my only regret.

I used Ideal Image for legs, bikini, breasts, underarms, chin, and lip. I love it! I'm a blonde, so they couldn't nuke all the hair, but it's the best investment in myself that I ever made.

Thanks for the info! $600 a pop- do you mean $600 per area/body part? I have a cruise at the end of Nov and my consultation is mid-June. I think you're supposed to wait 4-6 weeks in b/w sessions, right?

600 was for all three areas together, each session. So about 5000 invested so far. But as previous poster said, best investment in myself ever. And spread out over the years it's not that insane. I had waxed for years previously and the hassle and unsightliness plus cost make this a much better lifelong investment.

Yes about 4-6 weeks between is recommended. I did every eight weeks for the first three sessions, but after that the regrowth was just in spots so I could extend that over several months no problem.

The first time, I kind of freaked out. Ayer waxing for years I was told to shave regularly in the weeks leading up to first session so the hair would be ad dark as possible. Got it done and within two days I had regrowth that was just as bad as before. This continued til day t'en, when all of a sudden the hair literally started falling out. For the next four weeks or so it was smoothe as a baby's bum!

Good luck! PS make sure you go to someone qualified. Word of mouth is usually best recommendation.

I really want to get this done- Ideally, lips, underarms, bikini, and legs. I have an appt with them in a few weeks. :)

Plan on getting each area done at least 5 times. Packages I looked at were priced at 3 or 6. Three just is not enough.

$600 is a lot of money for a session. Why not try something like the silk'n sensepil and save yourself some dough?

Yes, it's steep, but in my case I felt it was worth it. Others may not think so. I don't know what the results are for the silkn sensapil, actually I don't even know what it is, though I imagine it is a DIY homekit. All I can say is, having gotten waxes, waxed myself, shaved, used cream epilators and the spring thingy that yanks out one hair at a time, I felt like I was at a place in my life where I could afford to spend the extra dough on something proven without the added hassle of doing it myself. That was not an option earlier, but now that was the best choice for me. I say whatever works .

I had a lot of hair. Dark hair. I would have to shave full legs every other day. About 5 years ago I had laser hair removal of full legs and underarms. Cost me about $3000.00 over all but worth EVERY PENNY. Best investment ever. It is a dream come true not having to worry about shaving. I would recommend doing research into who you go to for the laser hair removal, as there are reputable places and fly by night places. Good Luck!