Just Back From the Adventure of the Seas - Any Questions?

Hey Just a quickie!

Since when have you had to pay for Johnny Rockets on the ship???? I went on the explorer in 2001 and it was included in the cruise price? can someone update me please thanks... :confused:

Chris

I posted these questions in a seperate post but I will post them here now that I've seen this thread.

Are the pools filled with salt water or regular water? When we cruised on the Nordic Empress in 2000 the pool was filled with salt water and they drained it every night. Do they do that with the ones on AOS or are they open all the time?

This question might sound even sillier but the solarium pool, is it covered (like a solarium, with glass ceiling and walls) or is it open air (i.e. can I tan there???).

And, I hear so many raves about Portofino's. Why is is so much better than the main dining room? On my only other cruise, we loved the food in the dining room. So, is it worth missing a night in the dining room, and why, and how do we know which night would be best to miss? Can we view the menu for the dining room ahead of time (like for the whole week at the beginning of the cruise)?

Also, what things and restaurants are extra ($$$)? I know Portofino's is $20/person and there is a charge for Johnny Rockets but what is the charge at Johnny Rockets and does it include everything or do you pay to get in and then pay for extras in there too? Are there other restaurants that have a charge? Are there shows that have a charge?

Thanks a lot! I know I have tons of questions!

The water in the pools are salt water. I only went in the pool on the ship once. I would have perferred cholorine (is that right???), because we had salt water at the beach, but it wasn't that bad. They do drain it every night. Around 10pm or later depends on the number of pools be used at the time. The solarium is not covered but it is in like a closed off area. Well actually in the compass it stated 16 and up, but somewhere else was 18 and up.

The food in Portofino's was excellent. I am glad that we did go. I don't know what they had on Wednesday in the dininig room, but I'm sure I didn't miss anything. The cover for Johnny Rockets was I believer 3.95. After you pay the cover, you eat as much as you want. French fries, onion rings, more french fries, BLT, Double Cheese burgers, etc. It was enought, pluse they serve dessert. I didn't even finish all of my BLT.

Thanks for the info ... we may be rethinking this cruise because of the airfare - my husband was checking out airfares - it's wicked expensive from New York. Robin

We got very good airfare tickets out of NY on American to San Juan...$218 round trip. Guess it must be the week you're traveling. We're 5/22-5/29.

Very disappointed in the JetBlue prices, however. I prefer JB, normally, but San Juan is no deal from NY on them.

lephysteria - love your location - "Expensive Southern California!" That sums up where we live, too!

Robin

But you're in CT. I can't understand why it's so expensive there. Is there a particular attraction nearby which makes it so desireable?

Here in California, we have the sunshine tax. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived