Cruise Critic Community
danrad

Guarantee cabin - asking to be re-pooled?

Hi,

I have booked a guarantee concierge class and have just been allocated a C3.

We desperately want a C2 and was wondering if anyone has asked to be re-pooled and if this is allowed?

Has anyone had experience with this and what has been your success rate?

Also so if it is a allowed is there a limi to have many times you can ask to be re-pooled?

Thanks

Edited by danrad

Not sure about re-pooling, but you could ask if another C3 is available that you would prefer. Worked for me for our cabin category and ended up with a great cabin (I hope).

We took a guarantee aqua and the cabin we got wasn't great - so asked to swap, they said no but said we could repool but had to take what was given - we could have ended up with a worse location so decided to take what we got

Where you told then you next allocation could not be moved?

Was this just the category or the cabin no as well?

Thanks

Anyone else with any info/advice?

Where you told then you next allocation could not be moved?

Was this just the category or the cabin no as well?

Thanks

Anyone else with any info/advice?

Not sure who your question was referred to, but I'll give more details on our situation. We had an AQ gty and were assigned an A1 I did not want. I called and they could not give us an A2, where my family's rooms were, but was able to offer us another A1 nearby that I'm excited about.

I've learned over the past few months of planning that many Celebrity employees give different information so I would try again if the first person you speak with doesn't tell you what you want to hear.

Thanks.

Has anyone else got any more information? I knew about asking for a different cabin no. in the same category.

But has anyone had experience/know if you can ask to be re-pooled and wait for a new assignment and has anyone had any luck? Also is there a certain amount of times you can asked to be re-pooled?

THANKS

What cat was your gty for? C3 or c2?

It was a Concierge Class guarantee and was allocated a C3.

We really want a C2 as there are a couple of great cabins we can then request to move to which are C2 if were not allocated them.

I guess you could ask, but gotta tell it like it is, and bottom line is that when you book a GTY cabin, you have to be prepared that you are likely to be placed in the lowest category of the GTY class you paid for. You can't ask for a higher category, but can switch cabins within that category as you already know. If you could request and be assigned a vacant C2 or C1, don't you think everyone would be asking?

If it's a veranda GTY, you are very likely to be assigned an obstructed view. For a CC GTY, there are many more C3s than the other categories, so that's the cabin class you are likely to be assigned.

When the price went low for the CC GTY on our upcoming cruise, many members of our roll call switched to that category. As far as I know we were all assigned C3s but, just like you, most of us would have loved to gotten a C2 or C1. Our cabins were assigned relatively soon- I have a suspicion that NEWer CC GTY bookers were lucky enuf to get higher categories because it appears the C3s were assigned first.

BTW we had to jump back into the "pool" to take advantage of a price reduction and our 2nd time around recevied a less desirable cabin (1007 which is very close to the bridge on the S-class ships).

Good Luck, and please do report back on your results.

Edited by TMLAalum

I guess I don't understand why you desperately want a C2....there is nothing at all wrong with the C3's. If you book guarantee, you have to assume you will get the lowest of the guarantee catagory. If you are desperate for a C2, then pay for it like everyone else. Why not be desperate for a C1???

I guess I don't understand why you desperately want a C2....there is nothing at all wrong with the C3's. If you book guarantee, you have to assume you will get the lowest of the guarantee catagory. If you are desperate for a C2, then pay for it like everyone else. Why not be desperate for a C1???

No need to be harsh. We are travelling with friends and family and a C2 cabin is in the area where they are all staying. By booking a Concierge Guarantee allowed us to afford to book this cruise.

This thread is about asking to be re-pooled and people's experience not to have a jab at people!

Anyone else out there with helpful information or about their past experience will be EXTREMELY appreciated....Thanks!!

I'm new to this whole thing but if this is the lowest level room that you could be placed into and you don't like it then do you have anything to lose by going back into the pool?

I'm new to this whole thing but if this is the lowest level room that you could be placed into and you don't like it then do you have anything to lose by going back into the pool?

Hi,

I'm aware of that.

I just want to know if people have done this and their experience if it works?

If people know if there is a limit to doing it a certain number of times?

And any tips?

Hi,

I'm aware of that.

And any tips?

sorry. like i said, i'm new to this. it was more of a question than anything else.

Based on my discussions with my TA, Celebrity and based on my experience reading these boards, this so-called repooling option does not and has never existed. As mentioned previously, when you book guarantee you should be prepared to settle on the worst cabin in the worst room class amongst the CC's. For me, it was a pleasant surprise that they let you switch within the assigned category (I was able to switch from one C3 to another).

I had a guaranty on the Equinox. It was assigned very quickly but it had a connecting door. I asked to be moved to a non connecting room. No problem at all but I did remain in the same category. I had no idea i could keep jumping back into the pool, so to speak, to get a more desirable room. IMO that would create bedlam in the booking department. I really think they would only allow on change per reservation. OP Please let us know how this works out for you and especially if they let you keep changing until you reach the cabin you want.

Edited by candbgirl

No need to be harsh. We are travelling with friends and family and a C2 cabin is in the area where they are all staying. By booking a Concierge Guarantee allowed us to afford to book this cruise.

This thread is about asking to be re-pooled and people's experience not to have a jab at people!

Anyone else out there with helpful information or about their past experience will be EXTREMELY appreciated....Thanks!!

Hope this is "helpful information" to you, but if your companions are in C2s on Deck 9 or 10 and you are in a C3 on that deck, what's the problem? If not on the same deck, you can request an open C3 on either of those decks as close as possible to where they are. If they're on Deck 12, then try for a C3 close to the aft elevators. Do you know their cabin #s?

On our last cruise, family was in a Sunset Veranda on Deck 8, we were in a 1C about 10 cabins away on the starboard side and our friends were all the way forward on the port side in a 1C. We found that being "close" was a moot issue- to meet up all we had to do is call each other.

Again, not to sound harsh, but seriously, don't you think that others on your sailing who were assigned a C3 GTY wouldn't like to call and be 'upgraded' to a C2 or C1?

:) I think it is just always difficult to not be in control and just let go. I have yet to hear of someone who has been successful in jumping categories, but cabin changes within the category is possible many times by TA's. I wish you all the luck and let us know what you find out this time. :D

I've been re-pooled once on another cruise line and it was due to a price drop. We had been assigned a cabin but were re-pooled due to a price drop (we wanted to save the $100 per person) and ended up with a bigger cabin. Not sure if you can ask to be re-pooled without a price drop. I would call Celebrity (or TA if you used one) to ask.

If that doesn't work, I think the information from TMLAalum gave was pretty good. Go for the same deck or close to the same elevators if the same deck is not an option.

:) I think it is just always difficult to not be in control and just let go. I have yet to hear of someone who has been successful in jumping categories, but cabin changes within the category is possible many times by TA's. I wish you all the luck and let us know what you find out this time. :D

This is great advice.

Our guarantee experience, just once (a reason for that!) was booking oceanview on Century many years ago.

We received one of the cabins that was way forward and a little bitty teeny weenie port hole. We realized what we had prior to the cruise and were told there was nothing we could do.

I have our saddest cruise picture. My husband sitting on the bed with a face that would make you cry!

Lesson learned. We have never booked GTY again. And the next time we were on Century, we had a Royal Suite!;)

Hi,

I'm aware of that.

And any tips?

To answer your question--like you, we booked a guarantee Concierge Class cabin. I liked what they picked for me (a CC3) but I had my eyes on one of the wedge balcony CC2s that were still available at the time. So I called my travel agent and asked if he'd call Celebrity to see if he could get our cabin switched to one on my preferred list. Celebrity wouldn't give me the wedge balcony but they were more than happy to give me another CC2. I didn't take them up on their offer because honestly, if it doesn't have an oversized balcony, one Concierge Class is the same as the other to me. I did appreciate the gesture, though.

Edited by dln929

It never hurts to call and ask, sometimes you lucky and other times you might not.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with CC Gty cabin selection but I will say that we had our TA call Celebrity and see what try could do to get our group of 4 cabins nearby and they assigned us C2 cabins that were within a reasonable distance along the same hall way but not connecting cabins or next door. So call and check or just inform them of what you would like to accomplish and maybe they can accommodate you. If you are a new customer let them know. They will want to make a good first impression.

We booked a GTY inside on Eclipse and ended up with an outside in a superb location. You just never know!

We took a guarantee aqua and the cabin we got wasn't great - so asked to swap, they said no but said we could repool but had to take what was given - we could have ended up with a worse location so decided to take what we got

First time CC trip - I just booked a guaranteed aqua class cabin on the Silhouette and am wondering what cabin you were assigned and why is wasn't so great, and what made some of the other locations "worse." Thanks!!!

Different people think a specific cabin is good or bad. If you are in the US, then once Celebrity assigns you a cabin, you can look at one of many web sites to see what other cabins are still available IN THE SAME CLASS AS THE ONE ASSIGNED and request changing to a cabin you view as "better". You are not locked in to the exact cabin assigned, if there are others still available.