Can't decided!

daijayx2

Title should say Can't decide.

Stupid smart phone. Sorry.

Ok I am planning a cruise for Jan 2013. I was originally looking at the triumph for the jan 28th sailing And wanted to do a balcony. Well after doing a fake booking I see that the balcony is only about 2 hundred less than an interior on the magic for a seven day cruise leaving either the day before or after the triumph I can't remember right now. But I am wondering what I should do.

I have been on the triumph before with all my kids and now this is a vacation without them.

I have been to coz and progreso and I am actually booked on the conquest in feb 13 to go to the same places as the magic.

My travel companion has never been to any of these ports So I was wondering what would be the cruise for me to choose. It would be between those options. Because we are driving and Galveston is the closest port to my home. So please tell me what you think. I know it is personal preference but I don't have one. I would love to go on the bigger ship but as I said I am already going to these places the following month. I just don't want to book triumph for 5 days and it was a better deal to do the magic. This trip is basically for the person I am sailing with. And although money isn't really a deciding factor in this I was wondering if I should save the extra money to take a nice excursion in coz although we will only be in port from 8-3 I believe if we took the triumph.

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I actually looked at the numbers again and the difference between the balcony on triumph and the inside on the magic is actually only 114.88 diff so not much at all, I am gaining a newer, bigger ship and more days while loosing a balcony room so what would you do? HELP please lol.

Personally, we book with these priorities:

1. Ports

2. Ship

3. Price (within budget - but we're not afraid to "extend" the budget a lil more)

However, I will say that we were on the Valor about 16 months apart and had identical entertainment on our 1st vs the 2nd. (literally the same comedians and everything) SO...if I were you, and you didn't care about the ports, I would do the newer ship, and try for an OV. We've done balcony once, and liked it, but like the oceanview rooms almost just as much, and they're usually not much more than interior.

We did the Freedom (rccl) last year and it was awesome! We loved all the extras of a newer ship!

Hope I helped!

Personally, we book with these priorities:

1. Ports

2. Ship

3. Price (within budget - but we're not afraid to "extend" the budget a lil more)

However, I will say that we were on the Valor about 16 months apart and had identical entertainment on our 1st vs the 2nd. (literally the same comedians and everything) SO...if I were you, and you didn't care about the ports, I would do the newer ship, and try for an OV. We've done balcony once, and liked it, but like the oceanview rooms almost just as much, and they're usually not much more than interior.

We did the Freedom (rccl) last year and it was awesome! We loved all the extras of a newer ship!

Hope I helped!

Thank you for ur input I am leaning towards the Magic the difference between inside and ov is 300.00. So I may just go with the interior on Magic.

I was on the Triumph in Feb so I am leaning toward the new ship. Thanks again for the input.

I say do the Magic just for the wow factor, did her in March and can't wait to get back on in July!

Thanks so much! I am thinking this will be my choice. I can't book till the 6th so I have a few more days to make sure, I am sooo excited about this cruise and haven't even booked lol.

I have never had a balcony but I would rather have the extra days, the extra port and the newer ship with the more options. So I guess my mind is made up lol.

Thanks so much! I am thinking this will be my choice. I can't book till the 6th so I have a few more days to make sure, I am sooo excited about this cruise and haven't even booked lol.

I have never had a balcony but I would rather have the extra days, the extra port and the newer ship with the more options. So I guess my mind is made up lol.

I would do it for the extra days as well and since you haven't had a balcony yet, you haven't become addicted to them lol.

I would do it for the extra days as well and since you haven't had a balcony yet, you haven't become addicted to them lol.

I promise I was thinking "what if" I become addicted to the balcony lol an i have 2 cruises booked already for next year in OV rooms. Look like Magic will be the winner.

It sounds like you've made up your mind, and I certainly agree that the Magic would be my choice too. I've enjoyed both ships, but the Magic is so much better!!! You can check out my review of the Magic. I put up plenty of pics. The link is in my signature. We did an interior on Magic, and although the room is a whole lot smaller than an OV (150 sq.ft. compared to 220/230), it's still enough space for 2 people, especially since we don't spend much time in the room.

We've done a balcony once, my friends had one on another cruise, and we did go ahead and book a cove balcony for the Breeze. Although they are nice, we certainly didn't become addicted at all. I do like having a view, which is why I usually like to get a porthole room (the 2 cheapest categories on ship, but they have a view), but I don't miss the balcony. 2 of my 3 best cruises were in regular interior rooms, and the other one was in a porthole room. Every cruise, I've got a gigantic balcony. (I just have to share it with everyone else.)

Archived