Tell me about the $25 Laundry Bag

I have been on several cruises with RCI, most of them being 7 days. This December will be my first time doing a 10 day. I do not ever recall being offered the $25 laundry bag on any of my cruises. (It is very possible I was just oblivious!) Which day on a 10 night cruise would they offer this service (if at all)? Also, I am Diamond, will I get a coupon for this? I think I have read on here that D+ get a coupon.

I appreciate any info and insight into this.

Thanks.

I have been on several cruises with RCI, most of them being 7 days. This December will be my first time doing a 10 day. I do not ever recall being offered the $25 laundry bag on any of my cruises. (It is very possible I was just oblivious!) Which day on a 10 night cruise would they offer this service (if at all)? Also, I am Diamond, will I get a coupon for this? I think I have read on here that D+ get a coupon.

Thanks.

We did this on our last cruise, not sure what day it was, but ask the concierge or suite attendant, they can tell what day it is. They gave us a medium size bag that you could stuff as much as it would hold and they washed it for the set price. The garments were returned, clean and folded. They did a nice job. We also sent out some garments for laundry and pressing and they did a good job. We found that our laundry bill was cheaper than paying extra baggage fees on the airline.

We did the $25 laundry wash and fold special last week on the Allure of the Seas. It was on Wednesday and we got the stuff back on Thursday late morning.

Basically, they give you a heavyweight paper bag and you attempt to put as much in it as possible. HOWEVER, word of caution... the detergent they used must have been very strong because my husband and son BOTH broke out in whelps. My son's was so bad I took him to the medical center downstairs and got the nurse to look at him. He stayed on Benadryl and cortisone cream the rest of the cruise because the whelps were so bad. :(

So my advice is if you are sensitive to strong detergents, be careful!! :rolleyes:

Do they always have the $25 bag special? We are going on a 14 night JOTS in October and it will change how I pack. We've done 10 night with no laundry but from that experience I know I can't do another 4 nights without either another suitcase or some laundry.

I thought I read they did away with the 25 dollar wash & fold bag. I hope it's back. We always take advantage of it.

nope still around. I wanna say ours was day 3?! of our 6 day cruise. might have been day 4. bag was too small to make it worth $25 to us. didn't look you could really stuff all that much into it unless it was all your unmentionables.

We are D+ and I have used it a couple of times, lately on Allure in April. Stuff as much as possible in the bag, give them my coupon for the free bag of laundry and sent it out. It was great

I will use it again on Jewel next year on our B2B, don't have to take as many workout outfits if I can send out wash once each week. Same with hubby's t-shirts. I don't care about washing anything else, just those items, saves a bit on the packing.

Thanks.

Here is the link to the Current On Board Ultimate Value Coupons by C&A Level

I thought I read they did away with the 25 dollar wash & fold bag. I hope it's back. We always take advantage of it.

They've never done away with the $25 Wash & Fold Bag.

You may have misread. There is no indication that they have eliminated the $25 bag or the coupon for a free bag of laundry which is in the Diamond Plus/Pinnacle coupon book. We plan on using our coupons on both our upcoming Jewel TA and on the Jewel repositioning cruise from Boston to Tampa.:)

Do they always have the $25 bag special? We are going on a 14 night JOTS in October and it will change how I pack. We've done 10 night with no laundry but from that experience I know I can't do another 4 nights without either another suitcase or some laundry.

Yes, if you don't see the bag, just ask your cabin attendant for it. It does not have to be filled on any particular day.

We are D+ and I have used it a couple of times, lately on Allure in April. Stuff as much as possible in the bag, give them my coupon for the free bag of laundry and sent it out. It was great

DW and I are both D+, so can we each get a free bag done, or is it limited to one bag per cabin?

DW and I are both D+, so can we each get a free bag done, or is it limited to one bag per cabin?

One bag per coupon (person) has always been our experience, which works out quite well for us especially when we are on cruises that are longer than 7 nights.:)

We found that our laundry bill was cheaper than paying extra baggage fees on the airline.

I just came to the same conclusion. I looked at the cost we paid fpr extra luggage on our recent T/A and then at the prices for laundry and it would have been cheaper to send items out to the laundry.

Is there a limit on how many bags? Could I send out 2 bags per room on day 5 of a 7 day cruise? We're going to have another 3 nights in Barcelona at the end of our cruise. We'll definitely need to have some laundry done to get through.

Is there a limit on how many bags? Could I send out 2 bags per room on day 5 of a 7 day cruise? We're going to have another 3 nights in Barcelona at the end of our cruise. We'll definitely need to have some laundry done to get through.

Our most experience (last month) has been that on a 7 day cruise the Wash & Fold Bag will most likely be delivered to your cabin on Day 3 or 4.

Our most experience (last month) has been that on a 7 day cruise the Wash & Fold Bag will most likely be delivered to your cabin on Day 3 or 4.

Recently back from the Hawaii - Vancouver cruise and it was delivered to us on day 3. From what I read, we needed to use it then which we didn't need wash done at that time. If we could have waited till about day 6 or 7 I may have tried it. I need to know for the future!

While on a Celebrity cruise last year ( our first Elite one) the Loyalty Ambassador called to remind us on the last day their laundry bag deal was good for and encouraged us to use it. She also asked about other coupons we hadn't taken advantage of.....( kinda like "big sister" checking on us)

word of caution... the detergent they used must have been very strong because my husband and son BOTH broke out in whelps. My son's was so bad I took him to the medical center downstairs and got the nurse to look at him. He stayed on Benadryl and cortisone cream the rest of the cruise because the whelps were so bad. :(

So my advice is if you are sensitive to strong detergents, be careful!! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be the same detergent they use for sheets and towels?

That's a really good question. I've only ever had one bag delivered (2 people in the room) and it never occurred to me to ask for a 2nd bag.....

We did a 14 night on the Jewel last fall and there were 2 wash and fold special nights. We always use it. In addition to underwear, pj's, t-shirts etc., I put in shorts and polo shirts. They have always come out fine. We only take one 24" suitcase each for every cruise no matter how long.

I used the $25 bag on Allure last week. No coupons, as it was our first cruise. I rolled everything, and I think I got 1 swimsuit, 7 shirts, 3 pair of shorts, 6 pair of undies, and 3 or 4 pair of socks in there. It was a thin plastic bag. Everything came back fine the day after next. It was great to be able to have a few clean things in the middle of the week. I also had my son's suit and two dress shirts cleaned and pressed for formal night, and had my daughter's dress pressed. That was $17.00 altogether. Both were worth it to me, although if I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't have sent my daughter's dress, because all it had that needed pressing was the sash ties, and I might could have done those with a curling iron! :eek:

Glad that option didn't go away. I could swear I read on someone's trip report that the ship had done away with the wash & fold bag special and that this person got a coupon and got the ship to honor the bag thing anyway.

Well, glad it's still in effect. We always take advantage of it.

Archived