Back from Summit - menus & dailies

jgnova

We're back home from the May 27 Summit to Bermuda. I'll write and post a review in the next few days, but wanted to get the dailies and menus scanned for everyone who had been asking.

Click here to see a page with links to scans of the new menus, dailies, youth activities, and some other material.

Some quick observations on the cruise (in no particular order):

The ship was clean and being maintained - they were repainting sections of the Promenade deck one day. The corridor and cabin carpets were new and much brighter feeling than I recall from last year.

Staff & crew were great - very friendly - as =X= staff have always been. Very attentive to anything we asked (and looked like we were about to ask) for. DW commented to the Chief Engineer at the CC party about the lights not working right in the library - he grabbed his phone, called, and someone was working on them before we went past on our way to our cabin.

The food was good - about the same quality and portion size as previous sailings. It looks like they may have made a strategic decision to offer several higher cost (and popular) items on a single evening to force a choice and reduce their costs.

Our cabin attendants and waiters were as good as we've ever had on any sailing - everything was perfect. Even our room service breakfast was hot (for the hot items) and cold (for the chilled food).

Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth and fast.

Several officers were at the CC party - walking around and chatting with everyone.

There was another union meeting in Bermuda on our last day - shutting down the ferries and buses until after 11. Rumors are that refunds were available for $10 at the ticket booth after it opened - but we didn't hear about it until that night at dinner.

I noticed a couple of funny typos on the dailies - one had a deadline for registering for something - from two weeks earlier. And another announced the evening's dinner recommendation as something from the old menus - not on the menu that night.

More to come in the review.

j

We're back home from the May 27 Summit to Bermuda. I'll write and post a review in the next few days, but wanted to get the dailies and menus scanned for everyone who had been asking.

Click here to see a page with links to scans of the new menus, dailies, youth activities, and some other material.

Some quick observations on the cruise (in no particular order):

I noticed a couple of funny typos on the dailies - one had a deadline for registering for something - from two weeks earlier. And another announced the evening's dinner recommendation as something from the old menus - not on the menu that night.

More to come in the review.

j

I too noticed a couple of typos in the dailies that I thought funny at the time (as a frequent typo-er, myself, I wasnt going to comment) :rolleyes:

I thought that the more egregious dailies problem was the incorrect venue for more than one event as well as the fee requirement for the complementary event offered in the dailies, as mentioned in my own review of this wonderful cruise linked in my signature below.

I did want to thank you for all that you did to help make it so great via the roll call pre planning activities, which not only added to the anticipation but added value on the cruise itself. It was great to meet you as well as S.

Thanks again for all you did for us!

Avi

Edited by avid

Thanks so much for posting the menus - we sail last week of June and were hoping someone would post menus - helps with planning what night to go to a speciality restaurant,

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise!

Vicky

Also wondering if you attended any of the Elite activities? Kind of odd that some were scheduled in the middle of port days rather than sea days.

Vicky

No, we didn't do much of anything beyond the CC party, dinner, and a walk around St. George.

I almost suspect a deliberate attempt to reduce attendance (and concomitant costs) with some of their scheduling.

j

One of my favorite things was on the last night sitting out back by the sunset bar listening to Robert Symons on the steel pan and having a cup of mango tea and watching the full moon reflecting on our wake in the deep blue sea. It was great meeting him after all the years I've listened to his music.

Did anybody else notice the goats grazing up by the Commissioners House in the Dockyard?

Evie

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you......

Now I have an idea when to book the speciality restaurants. No more momma's meatballs on MDR menu? I resisted ordering the entree on at least two cruises and then ordered them last fall on sihoulette. I actually loved them now they are gone :(((

Do you remember if there was minimal variety of extras (only burgers, dogs and fries) at he grill this year? Last year Summit had an awesome variety ( onion rings, wings, etc) but Sihoulette very limited choices! I eat a very minimal amount of junk food and red meat at home so indulging in greasy junk food is a highlight of the cruise.....

a lot of the new menu items sound like cafeteria food... I hope the food tastes better than it reads. It seems like the menus keep going downhill. JVS was a step down from MR and now this is looking more like random RCI menus. I'll see for myself when we sail in late August ...but if it's disappointing, I will look at other cruise lines.

• 3 years later...

we're leaving a week from today on the Summit going to Bermuda. Any tips about tours, private or RCCL. The cost of public bus. Any tips about the ship or Bermuda would be greatly appreciated. We have never been on a celebrity cruise. Thanks.

we're leaving a week from today on the Summit going to Bermuda. Any tips about tours, private or RCCL. The cost of public bus. Any tips about the ship or Bermuda would be greatly appreciated. We have never been on a celebrity cruise. Thanks.

You do realize that you commented in a thread that is over 4 yrs old?

For the information you are looking for you should read the Bermuda board in the "Ports of Call" threads here on CC.

Here's the link....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Before I realized that this thread was very old, I clicked on the menus. Those menus haven't changed in years. While the food is good, some new menu items would be appreciated. I've eaten almost everything on those menus. After several cruises on Celebrity, the menus are boring. After our recent Bermuda cruise, we vowed to not do more than one Celebrity cruise in a year. Need some new experiences. As I am elite plus, I have been on Celebrity a lot....perhaps too often. My next 2 booked cruises this summer are not on Celebrity. Looking forward to some different menus and entertainment.