Best Place to Rent a Golf Cart?

Lizzzys

I know about Nathans... but are his golf carts reliable enough these days? We would like to do a tour of the island but not necessarily wanting to rent a car or take a taxi. considering Segway too, but would rather be on our own if possible. Any recent reviews from nathan's?

L

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Grand Turk last week on the Carnival Freedom and rented a golf cart from Nathan. We had no problem with our cart. Myself, my hubby and our 5 and 7 year old girls road all over the island. We didn't need the map. We just road all around and turned down several dirt/sand roads and found some beautiful beaches. We turned down one path and found The Columbus National Park. We swam on this beach for a couple of hours all alone. There were hundreds of huge conch shells everywhere. There was also a beautiful pink flamingo on the beach who watched us closely....I think it was nesting. We walked in knee deep water out to a little island that was completely covered in conch shells. We saw many donkeys, horses and cattle roaming freely...the girls loved them. We road to the light house. The island is full of devastation from the past hurricane, but the people are friendly and wonderful..don't miss out on this beautiful island....get out there and see it.

We were in Grand Turk last week on the Carnival Freedom and rented a golf cart from Nathan. We had no problem with our cart. Myself, my hubby and our 5 and 7 year old girls road all over the island. We didn't need the map. We just road all around and turned down several dirt/sand roads and found some beautiful beaches. We turned down one path and found The Columbus National Park. We swam on this beach for a couple of hours all alone. There were hundreds of huge conch shells everywhere. There was also a beautiful pink flamingo on the beach who watched us closely....I think it was nesting. We walked in knee deep water out to a little island that was completely covered in conch shells. We saw many donkeys, horses and cattle roaming freely...the girls loved them. We road to the light house. The island is full of devastation from the past hurricane, but the people are friendly and wonderful..don't miss out on this beautiful island....get out there and see it.

Thank you so much for this info - we will be making our first trip to Grand Turk this December on Carnival, and were trying to figure out the best option for us. This sounds perfect - not as much structure as a tour/excursion, but the opportunity to see as much/little as we want at our own pace.

Thank you so much for this info - we will be making our first trip to Grand Turk this December on Carnival, and were trying to figure out the best option for us. This sounds perfect - not as much structure as a tour/excursion, but the opportunity to see as much/little as we want at our own pace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We never felt unsafe. We actually ventured down many 'sand' roads and came across several deserted beaches, many hurricane destroyed homes and i couldn't tell you how many donkeys, dogs and horses we saw during our adventure. We actually went down one small rough road and came to a kayak shop. It looked deserted and run down, but a man came walking out the door and scared us all for a minute. He asked if we wanted to rent a kayak. We declined and were turning to leave and he asked if we wanted cold water. He had a cooler full of bottled water and gave all 4 of us one and adamantly refused to take money. He said just enjoy our beautiful island and bring more people. He then invited us to sit and talk a spell, which we did. Every local whom we came across always greater us with a smile and a wave. Such a beautiful island with so much devastation from the hurricane, but I'm sure it will come back one day. I'm so glad we ventured out and let our girls experience another way of life. Hope you enjoy your cruise and let me know if I can be of further assistance.

This sounds like SO much fun! I have two young girls also and have been concerned about not booking "Carnival approved" excursions. Were you worried about safety at all?

Thanks.

Very safe, we rented from Nathan 2 years ago and went every, everyone very nice and helpful. We are renting a jeep this September.

can you rent when you arrive or do you need to reserve? Also, if you can wait, where do you find the company from the cruiseport? Thanks

Best to reserve before you go. He only has a handful of golf carts. You will find the golf carts outside of the port area. You pretty much just keep walking,first through shops, then an area where are taxis waiting, and then you walk to the exit of the port area. They are just outside the entrance. You won't miss them.

DD (15 at the time) and I did this last summer. We were two women alone, and I never once felt unsafe. Let's just say DD's map reading skills are not that great:rolleyes::rolleyes:. We were "lost" several times. Stopped locals for directions. Even when the map blew away:eek::eek: we were fine. Even let her drive.

can you rent when you arrive or do you need to reserve? Also, if you can wait, where do you find the company from the cruiseport? Thanks

Email and ask, I would not plan on one without reserving it ahead, we got one from Nathan before and had to email our credit card to him. No problems. Have seen notes about him for a couple of years and never heard of a problem of giving him cc number. I don't know how many he has, and if you planned on one and he rented them all you would be unhappy. His email is

nathanandlinda@tciway.tc

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard from Nathan recently? I emailed him this week and haven't heard back.

We rented two carts for the six of us two years ago and it was a wonderful day.

I would send him another email. We rented 2 years ago and had no problems. Wonder if the storm effected then in Grand Turk earlier in the week? I think I had to email twice to reserve. No problem with giving cc number to him. Must have one reserved to have a cart.

I would send him another email. We rented 2 years ago and had no problems. Wonder if the storm effected then in Grand Turk earlier in the week? I think I had to email twice to reserve. No problem with giving cc number to him. Must have one reserved to have a cart.

Will do. We used him less than two years ago to rent two carts and need three this time around.

Has anyone heard from Nathan recently? I emailed him this week and haven't heard back.

We rented two carts for the six of us two years ago and it was a wonderful day.

i emailed back and forth with him, and ultimately booked a december reservation, on 8-19-12.

• 2 weeks later...