Freedom Press Release...

Looks like the solarium pool does not have cover...maybe the pool goes under a wall that takes you in side??? Sort of 1/2 inside 1/2 outside?? The pics of the whirlpool look inside but the picture with the 2 parrots looks like it's outside!!

Looks like the solarium pool does not have cover...maybe the pool goes under a wall that takes you in side??? Sort of 1/2 inside 1/2 outside?? The pics of the whirlpool look inside but the picture with the 2 parrots looks like it's outside!!

The Solarium pool has a retractable cover. The picture with the parrots that you refer to shows the Solarium pool with the cover retracted. The whirpools are shaded by their own cover (those spaceship-looking domes towards the front of the ship).

Here's some of the photos from the slide show! I also hope I didn't spoil anything by posting the news before CC posted, but I just couldn't wait to share it! There were others posting shortly after I did, so I know I wasn't the only anxious soul out there ;) !

freedom2.jpg

freedom4.jpg

The Solarium pool has a retractable cover. The picture with the parrots that you refer to shows the Solarium pool with the cover retracted. The whirpools are shaded by their own cover (those spaceship-looking domes towards the front of the ship).

Maybe it's me but I do not see where the retraceable roof is or where it could be.....looking at the picture it definitely looks like there is no retractable roof!!

wOw! the "H20" park is really neat....and it looks like we got the "lazy river!!!" :D The solarium looks very cool, and the bridge over the pool looks neat as well. Thank you for posting the slide show....I LOVE IT! Now I can't wait to find out what indoor features have been added......i hope there is something else very intersting in the works....:rolleyes:

I was hoping that they would have closed in the solarium. Darn. I like a place were you can swim away from the sun. I guess I'm not going to see that. Although I do like the whirlpool concept.

Is anyone else irritated that they didn't release all the information?

It is great to see you posting your thoughts again Bonnie. Back in 2002 you were the reason I booked our first AFT on Voyager!! and there is no return!!! As was stated a few weeks ago you are a legend on the boards!!

Thanks for the info!!

Scoop

Very excited to read about the 'first installment' of the new ideas that RCI will have on this ship. You have to love how innovative they are in their ship designs....

Is it June 4/06 yet... it will be exciting to be one of the first to see the ship in person.

Emmy

good morning everyone...

emmy, i agree with you 100%....while all other cruise lines continue to build new ships...it's basically more of the same...RCI builds the most innovative ships in the industry and no one even can close to their product.... :D

Titissa, I will be getting off of Freedom as you are boarding! Norwegian Dawn is a pretty ship, but I am not a fan of freestyle dining and for that aspect do not prefer to sail on NCL. There are so darned many restaurants on those NCL ships and I would rather those spots be used for shops or lounges, etc... I know that people who like freestyle dining probably love all the choices though, so I think it is great that the option is out there for them. I just won't select NCL for myself. There are people who hate Voyager-class ships because they are just huge floating malls.....well....I LOVE MALLS :D! Freedom, here I come (well, in about 2 years that is!)

Hi Bonnie, it looks like FOS is going to be awesome! Write a review while on board. Can't wait... You'll be also taking the Majesty in June. We'll be sailling her for New Year's Eve. Tell me everything. My daughter's favorite ship is the Mariner of the Seas (perfect for teens). As long as I'm cruising I pretty much like them all (except for Carnival, that was a mistake on my part). Thank you for your reply.

Leticia.:)

I'm sorry but where does it mention the lazy river? I've been trying to locate it on the pictures and threads and can't seem to find it. Is this for adults or kids and can anyone tell me how big it is (if there is one)? We really enjoy the lazy river. On a cruise AND a lazy river- we must be in heaven :D

Guest OBAYbee
I'm sorry but where does it mention the lazy river? I've been trying to locate it on the pictures and threads and can't seem to find it. Is this for adults or kids and can anyone tell me how big it is (if there is one)? We really enjoy the lazy river. On a cruise AND a lazy river- we must be in heaven :D

She was probably referring to this:

"A Fantasyland for the Whole Family

One of the most spectacular spaces on Freedom of the Seas will be H2O Zone, the farthest aft of the three areas.

In one corner of the water playground, a circular pool will shoot a current of water in a river around a central island. Guests can float with the flow as they are misted by one of the fountain sculptures."

"A Fantasyland for the Whole Family

One of the most spectacular spaces on Freedom of the Seas will be H2O Zone, the farthest aft of the three areas.

In one corner of the water playground, a circular pool will shoot a current of water in a river around a central island. Guests can float with the flow as they are misted by one of the fountain sculptures."

Does this mean no more mini-golf.:(:(:(

I love playing midnight mini-golf.

Wasn't it mention in one of the press releases that there were free standing hammocks? If so, is that going to be on the pool deck or in the solarium? I don't see anything looking like hammocks in any of the pictures.

We have sailed, in this order, Explorer, Voyager, and Mariner. We loved all of them. One thing we noticed on Mariner was the lack of aft kid's pool, whereas the other two ships had a children's pool. That space on Mariner is basically empty and unused. Seemed weird to me (and to fiancee's 11 year old, having sailed on Voyager previously).

Good to see that space will be put to use on Freedom.

I just wish Royal Caribbean would release all of the information. I am Kinda botherd that they claimed they would reales all the information and then they didn't. I wasn't planning on booking until I got all the information but as you can see bellow that is not the case.

Archived