Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grandeur

Live from Fascination

Excrew2 is actually MACBASHER!!!!! :eek:

Try again :rolleyes:

And now you are bashing Canadians? You might want to quit before you choke on that foot...

Typical Canadian reply...

and no, i didnt see it. im sorry everyone, let me come up with something better. Give me a minute.

Not really ... I didnt say excuse me because you stepped on my toes ... :D

Goin - how is that Canadian bashing? I only state half truth's and full lies.

Not really ... I didnt say excuse me because you stepped on my toes ... :D

:o

oxoxo

I have a sick kid home today and am tired of "Higglytown Heros" and am in need of entertainment.

LOL..... We have The doodlebugs on now.....

Don't let the condition of an older ship keep you from sailing with Carnival.

We have been on 13 cruises with them...#14 coming up in Sept.... since 1993.

I will say that in May of 2003, I was able to take my daughter and 2 granddaughters, ages 12 and 10, on their very first cruise. They had a great time. This was on the Fascination and the first time for us being on that ship. I do agree with the op about the carpet in the cabin hallways. It didn't smell bad but it looked horrible. The stains were completely up and down the hallway..it appeared as though they had been flooded. I felt bad because I wanted my family to see how beautiful the ships were. It didn't bother them though...they had a great time!

sometimes you are taking a chance when you take a older ship, it won't be a vacation without some kind of hitch.
Grandeur, I feel for you and your family! My daughter and I sailed on the Fantasy last July and on the first day we called home and said We wanna get off!! I will never cruise on an older ship again because of this. It was dirty and alot of things just werent up to standard. It really felt like a low class vacation and we were so disappointed. I love Carnival but will always sail on the new bigger ships.

Wow.....I see a theme here....and it bothrers me...What is Carnival Up to ?

A 10 or 15 year old ship is not that old......I mean you figure these ships are Multi-Million Dollar Resorts.....

We've been on ships that are 20 years or and even 50 years old that were not perfect, but not in the kind of shape you are talking about here. :(

Thank you for the rescue Voyager! :D

I agree - it would seem Carnival is falling into the same trap many businesses have fallen into. Which is basically forgetting their bread and butter and concentrating on all the new stuff...

pretty soon people will stop going on all the older ships, then what will CCL do!? I for one, would be very discouraged from trying a 3-4night cruise from all the horror stories ive heard.

Wow.....I see a theme here....and it bothrers me...What is Carnival Up to ?

A 10 or 15 year old ship is not that old......I mean you figure these ships are Multi-Million Dollar Resorts.....

We've been on ships that are 20 years or and even 50 years old that were not perfect, but not in the kind of shape you are talking about here. :(

The stuff talked about probably has more to do with where the ship is in the drydock lifecycle .

I don't know that I would call it a theme, you can find just as many positive reviews of older ships as negative ones... I think it is more a matter of personal preference, expectations, etc. There are many people that really like the Fascination and that have cruised recently... some people don't like older ships, some do... There are people on this board that hated the Sensation, I personally loved it, as do many others. Not everyone is going to have the same experience... and people just need to do their research, understand their expectations, and try to find a ship that meets those expectations... doesn't always work out, but I think for the most part, based on the reviews on this board, most people that cruise on the older ships give positive feedback.

Try again :rolleyes:

And now you are bashing Canadians? You might want to quit before you choke on that foot...

Relax GC I took it as toungue-in-cheek. If I hadn't I would have challanged him to hockey sticks at 10 paces.

The stuff talked about probably has more to do with where the ship is in the drydock lifecycle .

Very true....So maybe they need to change the Drydock cycle....I know it's about money, having the ship out of service for a week or 2....BUT, why sell people a product like this.......

I have a MEAN slapshot Big_Duck! Hold on to your pucks ladies and gentlemen!

Is the Paradise considered OLD? I LOVE that ship.

Remember, there ARE alot of POSITIVE reviews on the Fascination... I hope anyone reading this is not deterred by some of the things stated, without doing some research on what others thought as well. There will always be good and bad reviews, and people should take both into consideration. Apparently, there are plenty of recent cruisers that don't think this ship is crap...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=170119&highlight=fascination

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=171880&highlight=fascination

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=166913&highlight=fascination

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=167999&highlight=fascination

Thanks GC! We leave on the Fascination on May 23rd, and I was getting a little worried.

Don't worry Dew!!! Many people like the older ships, I personally do myself, so far... I loved the Sensation (both times!), but wasn't as crazy about the newer ship, the Miracle... the Sensation, although older, provided a more intimate cruise experience... sure, it was older and I didn't expect not to see stains on the carpet, but it was maintained VERY well... I think if you go into the cruise knowing it is an older ship and that not everything will look like the ship just came out of the shipyard, you will have a great time!!!!! I truly hope you have an amazing cruise and look forward to your review!!!!

Thanks GC! We leave on the Fascination on May 23rd, and I was getting a little worried.

I just moved up several Fascination thread from the last month or so. All of them seemed to love the ship.

I just moved up several Fascination thread from the last month or so.

:eek: :eek: You mean you *illegally* bumped threads? Horrors!!! :eek: :eek:

Thanks, I have been reading those reviews too. Our expectations are set to have a great time. This is our second cruise for our 10th anniversary and our first cruise was on the Fantasy 10 years ago for our honeymoon. I am sure the fantasy class will bring back fond memories, and the "looks" of it being an older ship won't matter so much.

Only 17 days! :)

:eek: :eek: You mean you *illegally* bumped threads? Horrors!!! :eek: :eek:

Yes, Im guilty! *Hanging head in shame*

I think that some people come aboard a cruise ship expecting it to look like a top tier luxury hotel in every respect. That just isn't possible. I'm not making excuses for Carnival or anyone else. The ships should be clean but a certain amount of wear and yes rust should be expected. It is after all first and foremost a ship almost constantly at sea. Maybe I see it differently because I've lived on the Gulf coast and spent a lot of time around boats. For me a little rust and some deck planking in need of refinishing adds to the charm of being at sea.

I'd guess that the glitziest Vegas hotel would lose it's shine pretty fast if subjected to the same condotions and traffic as a cruise ship.

that's it?? For this I camped out in my family room? Well rats :) Lots of people expect 1005 perfect vacations. Guess how many people get 100% perfect vacations? 0% What makes a 100% perfect memory tho is attitude.

Ok.....this is OT so we better close it......but in closing....I'd have to say that this was a typical low post count attack on someone that doesn't post much but I can assure you that this person you all were questioning is privy to information that "could" validate his statements.:eek: .....oops?;)