My Allure Trip Journal- 5/27/12: There IS No Reader's Digest Version!

• 1 year later...

I just logged back in here for the first time in ages, and wanted to share some things with you all.

The girls are now 21- they were 18 on our cruise. The one with all the challenges is working at a pet grooming place and loving it. She has a boyfriend who has similar issues to hers and she is happy as a little clam and hopes to be getting married in a year so.

The other one, well... she is struggling. She has kind of become a social hermit and I haven't been able to get her to get a job yet because she is afraid of working in the public, afraid people will be mean to her or something. She's in a bit of a funk and we are working on getting her launched in the world. She has fallen by the wayside on her artwork, feeling like it's less of a passion and a life's destiny and more of a hobby, and one she's not so great at, at that. Which is total crap, of course. She's awesome. She posted on Fb last night that she "drew a naked Lady" and dared people to click on it and when you do, it's a drawing of Lady from Lady and the Tramp and her head and tail are all that have fur and the rest of her is shaved. She thought she was quite amusing. :)

The Boy- OH my goodness, how he has grown and blossomed. He is taller than me now, with all the lovely markers of teenage-hood- the peach fuzz mustache, the deeper voice, the ski-like feet. He is attending a small private Christian school and doing really, really well.

And me- Well, I had always said I wanted to take a cruise to Alaska, but fate has done me one better. My current job is relocating to Tennessee, and I wanted out of this job anyway, so... I threw caution to the wind and applied for summer tourism jobs in Alaska and got hired to work in the Gift Shop at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge, May 10-Sept. 20. With a chunk of severance pay from my job, the girls can stay in the house and take care of things while I'm gone, and The Boy can stay with my parents and sometimes at home with his sisters, and all will be quite wonderful. :)

No progress on the Search for the Significant Other, but right now the only Significant Other in my life is ME! Ha! I'm more interested in finding me, and I am counting on this Solo Summer in Alaska to help me make progress in that direction.

I'll probably be starting a new blog about it- The Alaskan Adventures of the Fat-Headed Klingon Woman very soon, and will treat the experience as an extended vacation. I'll be giving reviews of the tours and places I visit in Alaska on my days off from the gift shop, and sharing the whole experience.

So just a heads up, if you liked reading my travel reports, stay tuned for my Alaskan Adventure and if you're going to be in Alaska or visiting Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge, come visit the gift shop and say hi!

Thanks! Love to all and happy cruising!!!

<3