Cruise Critic Community
Susie B.

Splendour iPads in Every Room - Not True

While doing some research I just learned RCCL's promise of an iPad in every stateroom on Splendour hasn't quite been kept.

As of this evening their website still says "And coming February 2012, Splendour will feature an industry first by including an iPad in every stateroom." According to my best sources, the iPads are only in the suites.

Not a deal breaker for us but I find it a bit disappointing they've been touting this upgrade for months that doesn't exist.

We were on the Splendour in March and not even suites had them. We were advised the iPads were on board, they had simply encountered more issues than envisioned, but hoped to get tech help during the summer season in Europe. Perhaps a recent cruiser can update? We had our own, so it was a non-issue. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...According to my best sources, the iPads are only in the suites.

Who are your "best sources"? Someone who has been on Splendour, like PCWalton1? :confused: Sounds like they have them now.

From APLMom who was on the May 26 cruise.

We just got back from our May 26th cruise. Thanks to you all for giving me lots of advice - we had an awesome cruise!

We did get the iPads... but they have a few kinks to work out yet.

I'll write a full review later -- still a bit jet lagged and tons of work issues to address.

We never saw any ipads June 16-24. Heard rumor that they were in the suites. I didn't see any technology improvement since last cruise 15 years ago - still had to pick photos off wall, ask at Customer Service desk about charges, etc.

We never saw any ipads June 16-24. Heard rumor that they were in the suites.

There certainly was an iPad in my suite. Very useful it was too; checking what's on when around the ship, reminders about special dining and tours and of course for checking balances.

Well done Royal Caribbean :)

I was on the 16th June cruise and there was an ipad in my Aft JS. Even had Angry Birds on it along with various other games for those that were missing their home comforts!

What the heck? iPads in staterooms? Is this free?

Yes they are free to use to check your account, what's happening around the ship and play the games. You can also connect to the internet but you are well warned before that there will be a charge so that you don't connect accidentally.

Yes they are free to use to check your account, what's happening around the ship and play the games. You can also connect to the internet but you are well warned before that there will be a charge so that you don't connect accidentally.

Yep, have to be careful not to logon into internet. Was also on Splendour in June and had an ipad in my JS. Used it to check my account.

OP is correct. I was on Splendour 19th-25th May. There were ipads in suites only - that included JS's we were in a standard balcony stateroom and no ipad. Royal Carribbean had been promising on their website that ipads would be in all staterooms but have not carried through on that promise.