Dress Code, with apologies!

I too had to google Tommy Bahama shirts to see what they were! Being English I'm afraid I had never heard of them

My DH has a closet full of Tommy B too, maybe not 100 but I'd bet at least 25....luv Tommy! Perfect for the West Coast, Hawaii and other warm climates.

Tommy B. is my DH idea of dressing up :)

Guess I'm a bit old fashioned as I prefer that men wear long sleeved shirts that are tucked in (unless you are in Hawaii, the Caribbean, Fiji or Tahiti). I suppose if women can wear muu muu's to dinner, men can wear TB:eek:

Also love TB shirts and wear them about a third of the nights during our cruises. Even drove to Jacksonville, FLA naval air station (from Atlanta) where they sell TB shirts 20-30% lower than u get at Nordstrom/Bloomingdales. However, also prefer to wear long sleeve shirts many nites (good to deal with robust air conditioning in the Compass Rose). Finally, we also enjoy the change of pace/dress, formal optional nites provide and dress accordingly.

............ My personal preference would be slacks and a sports coat (no tie) on "special" nights. It is nice to have a choice and not to have anyone belittle you because of how you choose to dress (within Regent guidelines). I do feel that it is only fair to let newbies know what to expect when they dine in CR, P-7 or Signatures. There was one occasion when my DH wore a sports coat and tie in P-7. He was the only man dressed that way. ..............

I also recommend always packing a Jacket-Tie-Shirt. Once last year I decided to break my own rule and not pack any dress shirt or tie, Then got invited to the Captain Table on SSS night. I fell out of place in my TB and jacket. Never again.....

J

Ahh- wish list. I love women in stilettos and nylons but alas those day seem to be gone.

Oh I definitely prefer the men's shirts tucked in, TC! I guess that's part of the reason why I'd like to see a nice silk or linen shirt tucked in instead of the TB styles which seem made to be worn outside.

Stilettos are more in fashion now than they have ever been! Thinking about current fashion makes me wonder if men can wear a suit with running shoes in CR for dinner. Can't see why not.

Technically, yes; they are "closed shoes". But, in my eye they are "sneakers", no matter how much they cost.

And, JMARINER, I always pack a little extra for those surprise moments. I usually bring a black sports coat that I can wear with any combination of trousers, and black trousers that mix with any shirt or jacket -- and sneak in a plain black tie, just in case. When we were invited to dine with the Captain of Navigator, I paired the black jacket and trousers, a burgundy button down I always bring, along with the tie, and voila! Instant dress up with no fuss (as long as no one counts the buttons in the sleeve). It's come in handy several times.

Archived