Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Singapore to Shanghai June 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put together a very informative and enjoyable review.

We hope to do this trip or something similar in 2014. I just wish RCCL would get their act together and finally put out their schedule so we can plan.

Thanks again.

Ron.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put together a very informative and enjoyable review.

We hope to do this trip or something similar in 2014. I just wish RCCL would get their act together and finally put out their schedule so we can plan.

Thanks again.

Ron.

Glad you are enjoying it so far.

Plenty more pictures to come, assuming I can keep up the momentum!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

What was your best port?

We love Singapore. Ok, I'm biased. We are Singaporeans.

Hong Kong is a must-go too.

The rest are also good to see. How often do you get to go to such exotic countries?

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Good evening. Let me continue with our visit to Saigon, Ho Chi Minh.

This was the Central Post office, in the tourist area. Guide told us it was built by the French. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saigon_Central_Post_Office

2zfjp01.jpg

2ef11zc.jpg

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saigon_Central_Post_Office][/url]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Final stop - Ben Thanh Market

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%E1%BA%BFn_Th%C3%A0nh_Market

Guide said that tourists love this market. They spend hours here. Some spend days! Well, with 2 young kids in tow, we spent about 30 minutes.

Lots of clothes. You can try to bargain, but the prices were already quite reasonable. So we didn't.

28qj2s.jpg

More shops selling handicraft. In Vietnam, everybody is a millionaire, yet there was plenty of bargaining. :)

66bv5w.jpg

Plenty of shops selling food too. We didn't eat any though, not too sure about the hygiene. Eater's beware! I did get some Coke for 15,000 Dong a can. Yes, 15 grand! Ding-Dong...

2gslk01.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

So, that's it for our day trip to Ho Chi Minh. Definitely it was worth the trip even though the ride from the port to the city was 2 hours each way! Thankfully the 6 of us were riding very comfortably in a Mercedes van which could easily take 10. My kids could lie flat and snooze along the way.

Ok, let me continue with some food pics, as there were requests earlier.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We did not buy any food in Saigon. We packeted some food from the ship and ate that along the way. We came back for lunch at the Windjammer.

Now, food was very interesting during this cruise. You can see from my lunch that there are substantial Asian options. Almost felt like home.

zmd2wz.jpg

But don't worry, there were plenty of non-Asian options, but definitely fewer than what you would find in a Med or Caribbean cruise.

Windjammer Desserts were still all non-Asian though! (We like the desserts.)

x5v7tl.jpg

Now, if you have kids, the good news is the kids' menu looks exactly the same as those you would find on all other RCI cruises.

Quite interesting to see some American families having Mac & Cheese for lunch from the kids' menu in the MDR, adults included!

nmjlvq.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Now we proceed to dinner on Day 2 - Formal Night.

This is the Starter menu:

15xsmk9.jpg

These are the Mains menu. No more escargo!! :(

2ebwkmc.jpg

Dessert menu:

v4bfcn.jpg

I think many of the menu items are very similar to those offered on a typical Med. or Caribbean cruise yah?

Edited by Iluvcruising2

My wife & I dined at Portofino on Day 1. Hence, for Day 2 Formal dinner, we chose the Asian options for the mains.

This was the duck. Not too bad. A huge portion.

34oyqom.jpg

This was the steamed cod fish, cooked in a fusion style (Asian garnishes)

24yakbp.jpg

And we took the wok fried noodles to share.

2mw850w.jpg

Ok here is our greedy secret. We order many different Mains to share, family style. Very fun to do with 4 adults and 2 kids. No way we can finish so much food. Please don't ban us, Royal.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Enjoyed all the pictures!!!

We took the ship from NOLA to Dubai, and these brought back many memories!

I was interested to know about how you liked activities on the ship. When we got off, some of the activities staff were being changed, and the replacements were Chinese, with some language problems, made trivia rough, as they didn't understand the questions.

Also, how were the bands? When we left there was a very good southern rock band in the Viking Crown, and in the lounge was the Music Box Trio - terrible!!

Enjoyed all the pictures!!!

We took the ship from NOLA to Dubai, and these brought back many memories!

I was interested to know about how you liked activities on the ship. When we got off, some of the activities staff were being changed, and the replacements were Chinese, with some language problems, made trivia rough, as they didn't understand the questions.

Also, how were the bands? When we left there was a very good southern rock band in the Viking Crown, and in the lounge was the Music Box Trio - terrible!!

Unfortunately we didn't take part in very many activities. Most of the time we were looking after the kids!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

I recall I was rather full that day, because we had a very late lunch (call it High Tea) after we came back from Ho Chi Minh.

Still, dinner was good. (as usual)

I took the chilled cherry bisque.

347up2c.jpg

And then the beef.

34exn5y.jpg

We got this from the kids' menu. Tasted rather good! (the guacamole)

m6k9i.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Even though Day 4 was a sea day, we woke up early to join the Dreamworks breakfast! We had to be there at 0745.

Here is the menu. You can get free chocolate milk shakes.

292wh7l.jpg

The kids doing some warm-up before the characters appeared.

346wex5.jpg

3 characters came out - Fiona, Puss in boots and Shrek.

mim9n4.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

The Crown & Anchor welcome back party was today. It was held in La Scala! Captain announced the top cruiser - Supermario! He went on stage to give a short introduction and also got a bottle of champagne. Apparently he would be sailing on the Voyager for a total of 55 nights. He boarded the ship in Barcelona and will sail to Shanghai, including one cruise out of Shanghai.

Supermario had more than 3,500 cruise points. The second top cruiser had 400+. The 3rd was below 200.

52o280.jpg

The Top Tier Party was on Day 6.

k2mzuo.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2