Silhouette Med Cruise Review With Lots of Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

Is this a serious post, or is it just to show how envious you are (so am I) that you can't write as good of a review and take the wonderful pictures like Mike can? :cool:

Wow, I agree. The photos and organization are fabulous. So much info for people who are interested . He certainly isn't forcing anyone to look.

Thanks so much for all the very nice posts. They are really appreciated. These kinds of posts and the numerous emails we receive from the folks that visit our website mean so much to Carol and me for the time we put into the reviews.

Thanks for the website with your pictures which leads to a question about the Alcove area. I've only been on Equinox which did not have the Alcoves but did have the lawn. On the ships with Alcoves - do these make most of the lawn area "off limits" unless you buy the pass?

I'm happy to sit on the actual grass for a bit, does this mean if the ship has an Alcove area, the only way I'll be able to do that is with a helmet to ward off a bocce ball induced concussion?

Could you explain the lay-out a bit more for me? Thank you for your time.

Cordially,

K

Mike - thank you for the info regarding the cabin. I have always enjoyed your reviews - this one was especially wonderful. Like yourself- we are also looking to retire in a year or two and then do a few Med cruises.

Vicky

Thanks for the website with your pictures which leads to a question about the Alcove area. I've only been on Equinox which did not have the Alcoves but did have the lawn. On the ships with Alcoves - do these make most of the lawn area "off limits" unless you buy the pass?

I'm happy to sit on the actual grass for a bit, does this mean if the ship has an Alcove area, the only way I'll be able to do that is with a helmet to ward off a bocce ball induced concussion?

Could you explain the lay-out a bit more for me? Thank you for your time.

Cordially,

K

The Alcoves only take up one side of the grass area. There is plenty of area for you to sit on.

Mike - thank you for the info regarding the cabin. I have always enjoyed your reviews - this one was especially wonderful. Like yourself- we are also looking to retire in a year or two and then do a few Med cruises.

Vicky

I am glad you enjoyed it so much. Be sure to do this Med cruise when you retire. All the ports were so enjoyable.

Thank you for this fantastic review and photos of your usual spectacular quality. Your previous report on the Iguazu Falls meant we were able to do an element of pre planning, knowing a little of what each walk might entail. As a result, we had the most memorable Christmas Day of our lives. Thank you so very very much for being the kind of person who enjoys doing this sort of reporting and who has the obvious skills to deliver an excellent result

What a superb review, I enjoyed every moment of it. I found your honesty about certain disapointments refreshing and your ability not to get hung up on them enlightening.

Thanks for all of the great photo's as well.

Thanks Buzzy. I much prefer to discuss the positives. Plus most people don't need to hear a lot of negatives to get the message.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for another one of your wonderful, wonderful trip reports. The thoroughness and great photography you incorporate never fails to amaze me! Thanks again, and hope to meet up with you and Carol on another cruise sometime soon. Or maybe even in Florida this winter!:D

Greetings to you both.

And, naturally, kudos to Carol -- I know you are also very much involved with these great travelogues! Sorry, I didn't mean to forget all your hard work.:)

LOL! You're so funny. Thank you. Whenever you are down our way, please let us know. We would love to see you again. :)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for another one of your wonderful, wonderful trip reports. The thoroughness and great photography you incorporate never fails to amaze me! Thanks again, and hope to meet up with you and Carol on another cruise sometime soon. Or maybe even in Florida this winter!:D

Greetings to you both.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you and thanks for mentioning Carol's part in producing the reviews. We would love to see you and Hugo when you come down here for a cruise. Let us know when you are coming.

Thank you so much for your time and effort into this site. We had just booked our first Med. cruise on the Silhoutte for next May. I know I will continue to study your blog as I plan our trip. This has given us tremendous insight and your photos are amazing.

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We just returned from the Silhouette July 5th Adriatic Cruise and loved every minute! Escargot is back on the menu, available every night in the MDR.

Yea! I'm so glad that Celebrity listens when we complain and have solved their escargot problems!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We just returned from the Silhouette July 5th Adriatic Cruise and loved every minute! Escargot is back on the menu, available every night in the MDR.

Now that is great news!! Thanks for letting us know. It will make our November Hawaii cruise that much more fattening, I mean enjoyable. :D

Thank you so much for that amazing review! What a lot of work went into it, and I enjoyed it all. We're looking to cruise on the Silhouette and I especially appreciated your wonderful photos of the ship and the menus. Now I need to go back and read the rest of your reviews!

Thanks again - what a treat!

Cathy

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and photos. I remember viewing all your photos of Australia, prior to our cruise a few years ago, and they were so wonderful. I couldn't wait to see everything up close and personal.

You both are so creative and add additional information to this forum.

Karyn

Thank you so much for that amazing review! What a lot of work went into it, and I enjoyed it all. We're looking to cruise on the Silhouette and I especially appreciated your wonderful photos of the ship and the menus. Now I need to go back and read the rest of your reviews!

Thanks again - what a treat!

Cathy

Thank you Cathy. I hope the review helps you enjoy your Silhouette cruise a bit more.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and photos. I remember viewing all your photos of Australia, prior to our cruise a few years ago, and they were so wonderful. I couldn't wait to see everything up close and personal.

You both are so creative and add additional information to this forum.

Karyn

Karyn,

I am so glad our reviews have been helpful to you. Thank you for the kind words.

We have just posted a review to our website with lots of photos of our recently completed Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. Also included are menus from many of the bars and eating venues along with food photos from the main dining room. It was an absolutely wonderful cruise to some great ports. We also took a post-cruise trip to incredibly beautiful Bellagio on Lake Como.

The review is located at www.thepreismans.com. I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning a cruise; and that it brings back some fond memories to those of you who have been able to visit these amazing ports.

Great info and pictures. I assume all Celebrity has the same menu? Going on the mellenium in two weeks B2B. H

Archived