Favorite Karaoke Songs????

Postman806

cruise ship karaoke is pretty hit and miss. It all depends on the crowd on that particular sailing. You may have a lot of kids, or drunk young people just goofing around. Or a much older crowd for oldies all night long. Sometimes you come across really good singers that think they may get discovered and sing all night long. A couple of times, I have seen some pros up there.

Only thing I know is that I will never see these folks again, so I might as well enjoy it.

I like to sing elvis, sinatra stuff, sometimes queen or rolling stones, depending on the mood.

Biggest difference with karaoke bars at home is that folks are more uninhibited and can get wild, and there are kids around, which you normally don't see at home.

Looking forward to the next time.

In my experience on cruise ships, there are fewer people wanting to sing, so I get more frequent turns to perform, which I like. Also, often the same crowd will come to karaoke on multiple nights, so you can get to know the other singers a bit more. If you enter a karaoke competition, the winner is determined by how loudly the audience is screaming for each contestant, which means whoever has the most/loudest friends will win, not necessarily the person who is the best singer.

Unfortunately, I don't have a favorite karaoke song at this time but I will tell you which one I can't stand and that's Sweet Caroline. I swear this song gets picked out every time I go to karaoke night and Margaritaville comes in at 2nd. No offense to Neil Diamond and Jimmy Buffett fans, but when these songs are being played, it just drives me to buy another drink! :p

Far, Far Away.................since in reality 95% of all karaoke "voices" should never leave the confines of their own shower curtains. If their friends were really friends they would tell them the truth.......you simply can't sing! But for the few with nice voices sing on America!!!

Far, Far Away.................since in reality 95% of all karaoke "voices" should never leave the confines of their own shower curtains. If their friends were really friends they would tell them the truth.......you simply can't sing! But for the few with nice voices sing on America!!!

Is Far, Far Away a song?

I love to watch karaoke. I do enjoy a really good singer. But just as much I enjoy a mediocre singer who really performs well and entertains the crowd. And then there's the horrible singers who only half-know their song. I've seen some who make me laugh do hard I cry

• 1 year later...
In my experience on cruise ships, there are fewer people wanting to sing, so I get more frequent turns to perform, which I like. Also, often the same crowd will come to karaoke on multiple nights, so you can get to know the other singers a bit more. If you enter a karaoke competition, the winner is determined by how loudly the audience is screaming for each contestant, which means whoever has the most/loudest friends will win, not necessarily the person who is the best singer.

My 17 year DD won a kareoke contest on the NCL Sun earlier this year. We sailed with only her DDad and one sister.

Faster songs sound better if the singer isn't that great. I don't know why most folks choose slow songs....if they can't stay on key, it's much more noticable if you're singing slowly......

Faster songs are much more fun for the crowd to listen to.

Yes...Sweet Caroline should NEVER, EVER be played again! Ditto, Margaritaville!