Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Princess*JMH

Dawn Review Part I

Hi all, and a special good morning to all the East Coast Cruisers.

Let me start off by saying how dissapointed I am that I couldn't make it to the meet & greet and have the chance to meet you all. I spent so much time talking to you all online and planning our vacations together, and not making it to the meet & greet was such a dissapointment, but only the first in a very long week.

On Monday late morning I began experiencing a little pain at the small of my back near my tailbone...I was definately not feeling my best and having some trouble sitting.

Once in PC we went to Sea World and that is where my troubles began. On the long bus ride home I found it increasingly difficult to sit, and was in a considerable amount of pain. So later that evening I went to the medical center and the wonderful doctors recommended I see an ER doctor in Miami, the doctors on the ship said I had an abscess. The ER doctors sent me away with antibiotics and pain medication and said follow up with your doctor at home. The doctors on the ship were not happy with that result and took action to help relieve the pressure so I could actually sit. :)

So the rest of the vacation revolved around going to the medical center every morning and evening to be checked out. I couldn't swim, I couldn't drink and overall the entire situation put a damper on the vacation. I am so dissapointed. DH was wonderful through the entire thing, he just wanted to make sure I wasn't in any pain anymore, he is a superstar!

Aside from the medical situation, the vacation was great. The food and service was good in all the resturants, except Le Bistro. We had a two and a half to three hour dinner there on Monday night, I know it is supposed to be a nice long dinner, however, we felt like the service was really lacking in this resturant. It took the waiter about 30 minutes to bring us our bottle of wine and then another 15-20 after that to take our order. We were a little dissapointed in Le Bistro, as it was our favroite resturant on our cruise last time, Cagneys was our favroite this time. Our service was exceptional and the food was great.

The enertainment on the ship was good, we saw Edge, Bart Rockett the magician (who I thought could do a little more magic and a little less talking about his life story) and Second City. Second City was really good, I like the performance.

All the people out there who said Colin Kerr was a great cruise director were not kidding. He made our cruise. Every where we turned around he was there, laughing, smiling and making jokes. NCL definately has a superstar in Colin, and should do everything in their power to keep him.

More later....have to get back to work.

I hope you are feeling better. I had a similar problem when I was in my early twenties. I needed surgery to remove the abscess and it has never reoccured. Very very painful Even hurt to stand. You need to go on another cruise to make up for your pain and suffering.

I take it this is a pilonial cyst and once the infection/inflammation is resolved you may require surgery to have this removed or else it will continue to flare up in the future?

Hope this finds you feeling better and sorry this had to affect your cruise. Jett is right - you deserve another cruise ASAP!

Princess,

Sorry to hear you were feeling lousy. You have to reserve another cruise right away to take the bad memories from your mind.

Take care

Jeanne

Thanks for your review. Now after you're all better book another cruise so you can really enjoy it.

Nice to hear that the doctor's onboard were trying to make you comfortable. Hope all is well now! Enjoy your next cruise!

:( Awww, Princess ... I'm so sorry! We missed you at the Meet & Greet. I was very disappointed you weren't there, I couldn't really understand it because we'd all been so excited.

You got a bum deal! (OMG, I actually did NOT mean that as a pun ... :eek: ) I wish you could have had more fun and a whole lot less pain. You DH sounds like a trueblue. I agree with the others--do some research and book, baby, book! Go on another cruise! Soon.

XOXO