Food choices on Glory

bluekrush

I've been hearing that there is a sushi bar, a burrito bar, a pub, a coffee shop, a punchiliner brunch, etc. Are all these things free. Which do you have to pay for? I know the steakhouse is extra but what about the rest. Is Pizza the only option open 24 hours? I've heard some say that the coffee bar charges for the espresso drinks but what about the desserts?

Just trying to get an idea of where we will be eating.

There's definitely a sushi bar and a coffee shop (they are not included in cruise fare). They didn't have punchliners brunch two weeks ago and I don't remember seeing burritos or a pub. There were fish and chips, Mongolian wok and the deli. Pizza and/or room service are both included in cruise fare and available 24 hours.

There's definitely a sushi bar and a coffee shop (they are not included in cruise fare). They didn't have punchliners brunch two weeks ago and I don't remember seeing burritos or a pub. There were fish and chips, Mongolian wok and the deli. Pizza and/or room service are both included in cruise fare and available 24 hours.

So the fish and chips, deli and mongolian wok are free?

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

MASTER list of eateries.

I've been hearing that there is a sushi bar, a burrito bar, a pub, a coffee shop, a punchiliner brunch, etc. Are all these things free. Which do you have to pay for? I know the steakhouse is extra but what about the rest. Is Pizza the only option open 24 hours? I've heard some say that the coffee bar charges for the espresso drinks but what about the desserts?

Just trying to get an idea of where we will be eating.

From what I understand from the upgrade schedule, Glory won't be getting a brunch until Nov. http://cruiseradio.net/fun-ship-2-0-upgrade-schedule/. After it's Fun Ship 2.0 dry dock.

I'm sailing her on Saturday. I'll let you know if there's any early roll outs. Glad the fish and chips is on her! Made reservation in the steakhouse too, can't wait to see how to quality compares.

The emerald steak house is for an extra charge.. but is sooo worth it at least once.. wow...

Fish n chips, sushi, mongolian, deli, burrito bar, omelet bar (in the morning), burgers, pizza (24 hours), and ice cream (24 hours) are all free. There is also a chocolate Super Buffet once on the cruise so check your Fun Times for it. But its also free. The specialty coffee bar with special desserts is not free. But the cake is worth gettin once and sharing.. the slice is huge and tasty. Of course, the buffets on Lido and the MDR is always free. So you should have plenty of options.. there will be even more options after the upgrades in November. I love the Glory..

From what I understand from the upgrade schedule, Glory won't be getting a brunch until Nov. http://cruiseradio.net/fun-ship-2-0-upgrade-schedule/. After it's Fun Ship 2.0 dry dock.

I'm sailing her on Saturday. I'll let you know if there's any early roll outs. Glad the fish and chips is on her! Made reservation in the steakhouse too, can't wait to see how to quality compares.

there will not be early roll outs as the places need to be built.

My favorite is the Mongolian Station. #1 reason I booked the Glory for our next sailing.

But the Mognolian Grill gets crowded and the lines build over the course of the week as people find it. You want to go early in the day. and early in the week to try it.

Mongolian Grill is only opened from 11:30 - 2:30 and closes down promptly.

I've heard some say that the coffee bar charges for the espresso drinks but what about the desserts? .

The cafe does sell specialty coffees, milkshakes, etc. They also sell slabs of cakes (2.25) warm cookies (1.00) choc strawberries (4/5.00)

buit you can get desserts for free at the lido buffet

The mongolian wok is my favorite, the fish and chips a close second as I really enjoy the ceviche. The buritto bar is decent, don't care for the pizza but love the cesear salad and have heard the calzones are very good. It is so worth going to the cafe as others have mentioned. The cheese cake is out of this world and huge!! You will love the Glory, she is my favorite ship thus far. Enjoy your vacation!

I love burritos but I"m guessing the burrito bar is not that iguana bar that is mentioned in the 2.0 update? Fish and chips sound awesome too.

I thought I sasw a post here that the punchliners brunch was in a specific room... let me see if I can find it.

So the fish and chips, deli and mongolian wok are free?

All of the above and burrito bar free. Free Sushi is 5-8:15 all nights except the captians dinner because they use that area for photos. There is no charge for 24 hour room service although they make you sign a slip. Free 24 hour pizza and soft serve too.

The expresso and cappacino in dinning rooms is still free too. Thats because the ship does not have the 2.0 upgrades. After that say goodbye to free sushi and coffees.

The expresso and cappacino in dinning rooms is still free too. Thats because the ship does not have the 2.0 upgrades. After that say goodbye to free sushi and coffees.

are they getting a new sushi place too for the upgrade? I read that the Guy's burgers are free though. Maybe some of the upgrades will be free?

I couldn't find that post again where someone mentioned punchliners on the Glory. Oh well, maybe it was a mistake or I misread it.

Punchliners will be added when Glory is Refurbished in November

There is no charge for 24 hour room service although they make you sign a slip. Free 24 hour pizza and soft serve too.

you should tip a buck or two in cash when the guy delivers it though.

The mongolian wok is my favorite, the fish and chips a close second as I really enjoy the ceviche. The buritto bar is decent, don't care for the pizza but love the cesear salad and have heard the calzones are very good. It is so worth going to the cafe as others have mentioned. The cheese cake is out of this world and huge!! You will love the Glory, she is my favorite ship thus far. Enjoy your vacation!

The first time I went, I thought the Mongolian Wok wasn't terribly good, but the Fish N' Chips...now that was good. Good thing I had read up on the Glory before I went. I'm going again this month! :)

All of the above and burrito bar free. Free Sushi is 5-8:15 all nights except the captians dinner because they use that area for photos. There is no charge for 24 hour room service although they make you sign a slip. Free 24 hour pizza and soft serve too.

Why will they discontinue the free sushi bar in the evenings?

Why give it away for free if they can charge for it

I've read here that ships getting the "pay" sushi would just be another option for PAX. The new menu and prices have been posted on CC. The free sushi is basically just an evening snack, the "pay" sushi is another choice with a more extensive menu and drinks. Others have posted this is not replacing the free sushi offered now.

I've read here that ships getting the "pay" sushi would just be another option for PAX. The new menu and prices have been posted on CC. The free sushi is basically just an evening snack, the "pay" sushi is another choice with a more extensive menu and drinks. Others have posted this is not replacing the free sushi offered now.

so ships will have free sushi AND for fee sushi--?

Just got back from the Glory on June 28. The Sushi bar IS FREE. Perhaps some people on the ship didn't realize this. It was open every day around 5pm except for the formal night which was our 2nd day at sea on our 5 night cruise. You can also get salads at the pizza place. Also, you can get free cappuchino in the main dining room. We used room service also, which is free, but remember to bring some dollar bills for tips if you want to use this service.

Just got back from the Glory on June 28. The Sushi bar IS FREE. . Also, you can get free cappuchino in the main dining room. .

which will change once the ship gets refurbished in Nov.

Archived