Teachers discount on Celebrity...what a joke

inforem

Like many other discounts on celebrity this one is also a joke. We are booked on a cruise in July 2012 and booked it in May. The discount is for bookings after June 25th. Who waits to book a summer cruise till the end of June? I think that celebrity should stop with these "bogus" deals and savings as it is pi%$ing people off.

Sorry you are upset. It worked for a lot of people and continues to do so, since retired teachers also qualify.

Still "bogus" like so many other "deals" from Celebrity. Military,firemen and police get deal year round from what I understand. Why not everyone else? Why not give the discount to everyone who works for some sort of industry? It is used to entice people to a "bogus" deal!

It's akin to the "Tuesday Specials"!!!

Like many other discounts on celebrity this one is also a joke. We are booked on a cruise in July 2012 and booked it in May. The discount is for bookings after June 25th. Who waits to book a summer cruise till the end of June? I think that celebrity should stop with these "bogus" deals and savings as it is pi%$ing people off.

It would pi%$ me off if you got a teacher's discount. After all, I wouldn't be able to take afdvantage of it. :rolleyes:

Still "bogus" like so many other "deals" from Celebrity. Military,firemen and police get deal year round from what I understand. Why not everyone else? Why not give the discount to everyone who works for some sort of industry? It is used to entice people to a "bogus" deal!

It's akin to the "Tuesday Specials"!!!

So let me get this straight. The OP is whining that it's unfair that military, fire, and police get a discount all year round, and he doesn't? Wow, that's an awesome attitude to have, hope you're passing it on to your students :rolleyes:.

First of all, the military discount is not available on all sailings, and often not until after final payment. Second, maybe when you get a job where you WORK all year long (and don't get to see your family for months at a time), then maybe Celebrity will give you a discount all year long, so you can have your $100 or whatever it is that you feel you're entitled to. I absolutely don't mean to bash teachers, as the vast majority are overworked and grossly underpaid. But if the teaching gig isn't working out, I'm sure the military would have a spot for you... with the added benefit of a possible discount on a future cruise. Problem solved :)

Sorry,just because it didn't work for you does not make it bogus.Sounds like sour grapes.

Yep! The "entitlement" attitude in it's ugliest form.

The discounts should be considered a bonus, not an expectation. I have often taken advantage of various discounts on Celebrity. They come and go, and can pop up at anytime. I've had discounts for state residency discounts and senior discounts. If I don't get them on a specific cruise, then so be it. These discounts aren't a guarantee, only a bonus.

Like another poster said, hopefully you aren't teaching your students to have such a bad attitude. :rolleyes:

Yep! The "entitlement" attitude in it's ugliest form.

The discounts should be considered a bonus, not an expectation. I have often taken advantage of various discounts on Celebrity. They come and go, and can pop up at anytime. I've had discounts for state residency discounts and senior discounts. If I don't get them on a specific cruise, then so be it. These discounts aren't a guarantee, only a bonus.

Like another poster said, hopefully you aren't teaching your students to have such a bad attitude. :rolleyes:

Well said...

Please don't let the OP speak for all of us. I am a retired teacher who taught contemporary world cultures. That is exactly why I travel and have for years. Sometimes life becomes very frustrating and some use CC to sound off, before they stop and think. Try not to take it personally, as that just puts more energy where it doesn't need to go. Sometimes life is difficult and the "teacher discount" was not able to be used by me either.:):)Life is not always fair...that is what kids need to know, along with how to handle certain situations in a calm way!:cool: I'm sure this is about another issue brewing...

Don't worry YouGo Girl, we all realize this isn't a 'teacher' speaking but an individual who is mad over not getting some deal. I'm military and senior, and have not been able to use either of those 'benefits'. We book early and they just aren't available most of the time. Life.

And by the way, many teachers do work all the year through; I know many of them who take training and updates and so on during all those nice 'breaks'.

I remember when my wife taught 1st Grade...she couldn't take a potty break until the kids were out, or the teacher next door had to cover for a short while....She had to reset her whole body to get into the swing of it. And I'd just love all of us 'BigTime Managers' to be told we can't leave our desk/offices until set times. Heck, some spend a good deal of the day throwing Bull around.

And the 'Tuesday Specials' are a rip also?.....OK, now I understand the complaint...I want what I'm not eligible for.

By the way, this being a thread many teachers will go to, I copied and did a spellcheck...please ignore the punctuation though!

Den

I do not understand why they would even offer teachers a discount.

If you don't understand that, then you'd not understand why they give any discounts, including ones you may be eligible for.....its called business and giving someone a 'deal'. And since teachers can only cruise during the Summer (usually), then they'd set it up for then.

They don't give us Vets discounts because they love us and want to honor us, they do it for business. If they 'loved us' so much, they'd let us cruise for free and make everyone else pay for it.

Den

This discount isn't offered for cruises taken during the summer only, as it goes into the spring of next year. It only had to be booked during the summer.

This is just another case, sadly,of someone believing that out there somewhere people are getting a better deal than they are and getting their nose out of joint over it. "why do people in Florida get a deal on this cruise?" "why do people over 55 get a deal and I don't" "why do crew members' families get a discount and I don't?" "why do new bookings only get a discount and I don't" and on and on. I hear the voice of a certain Wonka-factory-touring little girl ...... You know the one!

There isn't anything "bogus" about the deal. It has certain restrictions and while you didn't qualify many other did and are still able to use it. There is another thread on this board where several people report saving money because this one worked for them. IMO it's a Welcome thank-you. Other than a couple of large bookstore chains, I can't come up with many places that give any kind of teacher discount, ever.

Don't worry YouGo Girl, we all realize this isn't a 'teacher' speaking but an individual who is mad over not getting some deal. I'm military and senior, and have not been able to use either of those 'benefits'. We book early and they just aren't available most of the time. Life.

And by the way, many teachers do work all the year through; I know many of them who take training and updates and so on during all those nice 'breaks'.

I remember when my wife taught 1st Grade...she couldn't take a potty break until the kids were out, or the teacher next door had to cover for a short while....She had to reset her whole body to get into the swing of it. And I'd just love all of us 'BigTime Managers' to be told we can't leave our desk/offices until set times. Heck, some spend a good deal of the day throwing Bull around.

And the 'Tuesday Specials' are a rip also?.....OK, now I understand the complaint...I want what I'm not eligible for.

By the way, this being a thread many teachers will go to, I copied and did a spellcheck...please ignore the punctuation though!

Den

Den,

Check the rates on your Reflections cruises - we are on the same cruises and were able to get Military on one and Senior on the other. see you in November!

\

\Richard

I guess we are not allowed our opinion on this board. I know for the future to just sit back and read what others say. But in my honest opinion it is still "bogus"!!!

Opinions that are dead wrong will result in responses challenging that opinion. Just because you have an opinion, doesn't make you right. And just like you claim a right to voice your opinion, we claim an equal right to voice ours. You can't have it so that only your opinion is allowed while the rest of us have to stay silent. :rolleyes:

If you don't understand that, then you'd not understand why they give any discounts, including ones you may be eligible for.....its called business and giving someone a 'deal'. And since teachers can only cruise during the Summer (usually), then they'd set it up for then.

They don't give us Vets discounts because they love us and want to honor us, they do it for business. If they 'loved us' so much, they'd let us cruise for free and make everyone else pay for it.

Den

Well, maybe they should give one to me because I have blue eyes or my husband because he has too much grey hair.

Wow, what an attitude to have! How about just being happy that a teacher discount is offered at all. Clearly this discount is not offered on most of the lines. How about all the nurses,sanitation workers,construction workers,etc. that make up this fine country. No discount for them. How about just being thankful that the discount is out there and may or may not be benefitial for a particular cruise.

opinions that are dead wrong will result in responses challenging that opinion. Just because you have an opinion, doesn't make you right. And just like you claim a right to voice your opinion, we claim an equal right to voice ours. You can't have it so that only your opinion is allowed while the rest of us have to stay silent. :rolleyes:

i don't l-i-k-e that!!! :d

Den

Like your military, I qualify for the law enforcement discount and like you, I've never been able to use it. I can't wait until they start discounting to get the ship and cabin I want. Does the OP understand it's not for every sailing and usually is a last ditch effort to scoop some bargain hunters?

It is my understanding that it is a genuine legitimate discount...so why would the OP call it bogus? That person is a "teacher" correct?

Definition of BOGUS

: not genuine : counterfeit, sham

bo·gus·lyadverb

bo·gus·nessnoun

Opinions that are dead wrong will result in responses challenging that opinion.

Just for your information, opinion CANNOT be wrong, only facts can be wrong!

Let's see...should my next post be about chair hogs, formal night or unruly kids? Those should get the ire up of people.

Archived