Cruise Critic Community
EJNutz

The 2012 Olympics

Are we all getting excited bout the Olympics which are just over 2 weeks away. On Monday I managed to watch the Olympic Torch Relay, it was great to see so many people out cheering on the runners.

will be watching the torch relay on sunday afternoon,as long as the rain stops :)

Am i the only one who really is not bothered about it? In fact i would prefere not to have it. All the expense, the travel choas not to mentioned all the security such as missiles on peoples roofs and the army wandering around.

Guess im just a grumpy old git.

Heineken and McDonald's french fries??????? Looks like the IOC has shown its ignorance one more time signing a deal with McD's that bans proper chips from the Olympic venue and selecting a Dutch beer as the official brew. Do they know the games are being held in Britain?

Heineken and McDonald's french fries??????? Looks like the IOC has shown its ignorance one more time signing a deal with McD's that bans proper chips from the Olympic venue and selecting a Dutch beer as the official brew. Do they know the games are being held in Britain?

Its all down to money and how much the two companies were/are prepared for those franchises/monopolies, the Olympic ideal totally blown out of the water unfortunately.

Am i the only one who really is not bothered about it? In fact i would prefere not to have it. All the expense, the travel choas not to mentioned all the security such as missiles on peoples roofs and the army wandering around.

no your not the only one,so that makes two grumpy old gits.

no your not the only one,so that makes two grumpy old gits.

Make that three of us then..!! There's an awful lot more people in London and in particular here at Heathrow who hold the same sentiments. The whole thing is reeking havoc with business here, especially those rediculous Olympic road lanes.

Oh and just for the record, I love my sport.

Well Olympic games gonna start soon and look like Great Britain has secured another 2 gold medals in road cycling since Cavendish in road race and Wiggins in TT are the main favorites following this edition of Tour de France..

Well Olympic games gonna start soon and look like Great Britain has secured another 2 gold medals in road cycling since Cavendish in road race and Wiggins in TT are the main favorites following this edition of Tour de France..

Sure appears so......and I think Wiggins will keep his yellow jersey for the rest of the TdF. Great Britain has a real champion with Wiggins.

Edited by JLC@SD

Make that three of us then..!! There's an awful lot more people in London and in particular here at Heathrow who hold the same sentiments. The whole thing is reeking havoc with business here, especially those rediculous Olympic road lanes.

Oh and just for the record, I love my sport.

Make it 4. Torch past the top of my road today I just couldn't be bothered. Have had to get parking permit but council has messed most of them up so they need to be issued again. Already traffic problems as have had an olympic road closure in place for over a week. I like my sport also and am going to find it very interesting when Charlton Athletic play their first home game with all the parking restrictions in place.

Well done to the UK, loved the opening ceremony, even though we had to get up at 5.30am to watch it :)

We will be there in a couple of weeks so watched the city scenes with interest.

Brilliant Ceremony last night. So proud to be British.

Watching now on catch up tv very good so far

Ha ha ha to all those who said it would be terrible, best Olympic games ever, and best opening ceremony ever. Well done GB, you did us all proud - even those who thought you'd be a letdown :)

I am lost this week without the Olympics. I miss them already. They were the best summer Olympics that I have ever watched.

GO TEAM USA !!!!!! :) :D :)

Once it went away from these big companies all claiming there money from the tax payer and the sport started it was amazing.

I loved the opening ceremony and have to admit i started watching sports i never thought i would of. The only let down was the ending ceremony where someone like Simon Cowell must have picked the music acts.... alot fo people over here are saying in the space of two weeks we went from rubbish at sports and great at music to great at sports and rubbish at music.