Snorkeling trips in Playa Del Carmen?

So how about I try this?

Instead of renting a car and driving to Xel-Ha, My family and I just stay in town, walk to a snorkel shop, and spend $30 or so on a snorkeling trip. Does anyone know of any good snorkeling tours in downtown Playa?

Any advise would be appreciated, but I already have a map of most of the snorkeling tours in Playa. I just don't know which ones would take me to a great beach where sea turtles swim up to greet you and take you on a journey of a lifetime:D , and which ones take you to the other side of the beach and say "thanks for your money, You can snorkel here:confused: ".

Hello Alabama_Cruisin, remember me guinea pig? We did rent a car in Calica and drive to Xel-ha. I was very disappointed in Xel-ha. Hardly no live coral and very few small colorful tropical fish. There are some large Cubera Snapper around the floating bridge. The raccoon looking animals I was determined to see there, did not see a one. It was very crowded. The food prices did not look too expensive. They have several restaurants. After we left there we went to Hidden Worlds Caverns & Cenotes. We totally enjoyed it. I am in the process of writing a review. I will go into more detail in it.

Well, I want to thank you for telling me about Xel-Ha.

I am sorry you didn't have a great time, but at least you made it there and back safely. That's a plus.

I guess we're going to try a snorkeling tour in town, or the Xcaret thing.

David

If I remember right I think someone told me they saw turtles snorkeling the reef at Xcaret. Xcaret is kind of pricey, but maybe it's worth it. We are going back in August and will probably try to book a private snorkeling tour. Let us know what yall do.

You'll still be going before I do. Let me know what you do.

Xcaret would be like $180 for us(3 of us) to get in, then $90 for the snorkeling trip (Xcaret does not have good snorkeling .. they take you somewhere for an extra $30 a piece). Plus you would have to pay for a taxi ride to Xcaret.:eek:

Too expensive for me.

I'm thinking of just walking through town off the cruise ship. There are snorkeling trips in town, and we could check them out and then decide to go if we wanted to.

Did you order one of those maps from the Cancun Map company? There are several listings for snorkel tours in Playa Del Carmen. We will probably rent a car again and explore the Akumal area.

Archived