Azamara Wine Menus (As of July 16, 2012)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to provide the Wine lists available in the Discoveries Restaurant and Azamara's two Specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina, so that our Cruise Critic community may view the broad selection of Wines by the bottle, and by the glass offerings.

My understanding is, a new Wine list is currently in development, and is expected later this year. Enjoy !

Discoveries Wine List : Click Here

Prime C Wine List : Click Here

Aqualina Wine List : Click Here

Hello Andy -

Thanks for your time and effort in formatting the document so that our current and future Azamara guests can see for themselves the broad selection of wines by the bottle and by the glass offerings!

Here's a heartfelt "toast" to your dedication and reliability!

Thank you very much!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

First let me say thank you Andy for your work, efforts, your scanning skills, and your overall desire to provide us with ongoing information (so what's doing with the refurbs?). It is truly amazing just how responsive you and Azamara have been to the all the information requests made by us little people. Truly appreciated by me, and should be by all. I don't know if they do this on Cunard or Holland America.

Next, my enjoyment of wine is about the last remaining vice my wife allows me. The three lists are really, really fantastic. Great selections for all three restaurants, spectacular list of wines by the glass. MOSTLY, not completely, reasonable prices, and more on that is a follow up post. For those who are interested in Roses, a great selection of 3 wines from Provence, but the Beringer White Zinfandel, well, I know there is no accounting for taste but to everyone out there who is about to ask for a glass, PLEASE, PLEASE try one of the Roses! White Zinfandel is to Rose, as Mogen David or Manischewitz is to Cabernet Sauvignon. You've been warned.

Sparkling wine/Champagne prices: extremely high, as they are everywhere in any restaurant, and very unreasonably so. I've posted elsewhere that at least for the European cruises, you can purchase almost everything on the list for about 1/3 the price at almost any duty free shop. Even adding on a corkage fee of $10-15 at the table, that is like having your cake and eating it too. (I'm mixing my French metaphors). Just a suggestion.

I will be studying the lists and making some recommendations, strictly based on my own personal tastes regarding bottle prices, which wines are better "bargains" than others, especially for those who are interested in trying new wines, but really don't know the difference between the $30 bottle and the $90. bottle. More often than not, it is the price, not the wine.

Thanks for indulging me, and again, Andy and Bill, thank you so much for your efforts. Now I have to start deciding which wines to pack for July 2013...

David

Many thanks for doing this but I would appreciate the actual vintages of the wines themselves and would suggest Azamara print the wine lists with this information.

I would not drink some of these wines unless I knew in advance the year as the good reds would need decanting for at least 2 hours before- but I would not pay over the odds for an average vintage.

if the correct/actual year is listed it saves all the embarrassment and means I can order in advance of the meal as Azamara always shows the menu for the whole cruise on the cabin tv.

a small point but one that would be much appreciated especially for a special occasion such as birthday/anniversary etc.

just noted that Aqualina and Prime C the years are listed! mea culpa but not mdr- perhaps this was an omission

First let me say thank you Andy for your work, efforts, your scanning skills, and your overall desire to provide us with ongoing information (so what's doing with the refurbs?). It is truly amazing just how responsive you and Azamara have been to the all the information requests made by us little people. Truly appreciated by me, and should be by all. I don't know if they do this on Cunard or Holland America.

I will be studying the lists and making some recommendations, strictly based on my own personal tastes regarding bottle prices, which wines are better "bargains" than others, especially for those who are interested in trying new wines, but really don't know the difference between the $30 bottle and the $90. bottle. More often than not, it is the price, not the wine.

Thanks for indulging me, and again, Andy and Bill, thank you so much for your efforts. Now I have to start deciding which wines to pack for July 2013...

David

Hello Dr H -

I'm sure many members enjoy reading your "virtual blog" about the wine selections available onboard Azamara and your enthusiasm and opinions about our offerings. Your "vice" opens the door for more knowledge for other wine aficionados.

I'll be sure to pass on your recommendations to our hotel operations team.

We look forward to welcoming your onboard next July!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Azamara's fee really only $10-$15? Celebrity's is $25! and limited to two bottles per cabin, btw.

I am also looking forward to the complimentary glasses of wine with dinner, although I'm sure they won't all be to my taste. VERY interesting to hear about the entire menu being posted on t.v. I can see we are really in for a brand new experience, G-d willing, this coming January. The Antarctica scenery will be the highlight, but trying Azamara for the first time seems like it'll really add to the experience.

Love having you available, Bill, in your special capacity, and Host Andy and all the loyal Azamara past guests' comments (hi Ed!!! and Gail and Judy and Mike) are already adding to my enjoyment.

We are so fortunate. By we, I mean all of us. Yes?

--May

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to provide the Wine lists available in the Discoveries Restaurant and Azamara's two Specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina, so that our Cruise Critic community may view the broad selection of Wines by the bottle, and by the glass offerings.

My understanding is, a new Wine list is currently in development, and is expected later this year. Enjoy !

Discoveries Wine List : Click Here

Prime C Wine List : Click Here

Aqualina Wine List : Click Here

Wow, this is truly amazing, that someone like Andy is available to do this.... I shall be travelling on the Quest for the first time 16 October.... actually, it will be my very first Azamar trip too.

Wow, this is truly amazing, that someone like Andy is available to do this.... I shall be travelling on the Quest for the first time 16 October.... actually, it will be my very first Azamar trip too.

Hi Aeriepmb,

Thanks for your nice comments. Believe me, it was very time consuming, but I truly enjoy helping our community.

If you have additional questions, please post them on this forum. Have a wonderful time on Quest.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Any updates please?

I think you are a little early to ask for updates as the main update from Bill today indicates a new wines will be added throughout 2013

From our experience, you have to have a very unusual or specific preference not to find a wine onboard that you like and whilst some of the names may be unfamiliar, the sommeliers are really good at understanding tastes and introducing those guests who feel they have to purchase wine every night as opposed to drink the included wines to new labels.

Given your sail date from your signature I doubt there will be updated lists in circulation by then as the main changes do not start rolling in until next month

Thanks for your reply. We shall be more than happy to drink the included wines. On Regent I was lucky enough to discover a magnificent Chateau Neuf-du-Papes, which was included but not broadcast and I asked for a bottle every night for the remainder of the cruise! :)

• 1 month later...

Whilst on the subject of wines.

We are looking at booking our first cruise with Azamara and just curious as our TA brochure says that some red and whites are included in the price. When I saw these price lists - I just have to wonder what they provide as part of the cruise cost.

Whilst on the subject of wines.

We are looking at booking our first cruise with Azamara and just curious as our TA brochure says that some red and whites are included in the price. When I saw these price lists - I just have to wonder what they provide as part of the cruise cost.

The link below lists the included drinks.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

• 3 months later...

I'm a lot confused about "inclusive" vs the wine packages and more than a little disappointed that our travel agent didn't seem to know anything about anything related to the not so "inclusive" nature of the Azamara experience ... all the packages .. wine, liquor, and worst or all wifi @50 cents a minute! [outrageous!].

In looking at the wine package details I see that it says something about x number of bottles up to $50/bottle depending on which package you pick.

However, there don't actually seem to be many (at least on the lists here) on the 'inclusive list' that aren't $15-20 dollar bottles priced at $35-40. (normal retail markup, more or less).

Does the $50 refer to

1. the max price of a bottle you are supposed to be able to get, (so you're spending your 1 bottle $50 credit on a $35 bottle),

or

2 or a $50 discount against a bottle that is priced higher?

What's the corkage fee on bottles we might bring on board to be served with dinner in a dining room (not stuck in our room)?

I'm a lot confused about "inclusive" vs the wine packages and more than a little disappointed that our travel agent didn't seem to know anything about anything related to the not so "inclusive" nature of the Azamara experience ... all the packages .. wine, liquor, and worst or all wifi @50 cents a minute! [outrageous!].

In looking at the wine package details I see that it says something about x number of bottles up to $50/bottle depending on which package you pick.

However, there don't actually seem to be many (at least on the lists here) on the 'inclusive list' that aren't $15-20 dollar bottles priced at $35-40. (normal retail markup, more or less).

Does the $50 refer to

1. the max price of a bottle you are supposed to be able to get, (so you're spending your 1 bottle $50 credit on a $35 bottle),

or

2 or a $50 discount against a bottle that is priced higher?

What's the corkage fee on bottles we might bring on board to be served with dinner in a dining room (not stuck in our room)?

Hello C141heaven -

I hope that the following information will clear-up your confusion about our wine package program and how it fits in with our "more-inclusive" tariffs.

Wine Packages - In addition to the ship bars and dining rooms already offering complimentary select standard spirits, international beers and a changing daily selection of red and white wines by the glass, we offer an expanded list of wines with our four option wine packages:

1) 5 bottles @ $165

2) 7 bottles @ $220

3) 10 bottles @ $300

4) 12 bottles @ $335

You can select from all wines on the wine list priced at $50 or less as all of these wines are included in all of the four wine package options. There are more than from 60 wines to select. If you wish to purchase a bottle of wine valued at more than $50, then the full price will be charged.

Corkage Fee - Our corkage fee is $10.00 per bottle which from past guest feedback is considered "fair" in light of the fact that we have not set a "cap" on liquor and/or wine brought onboard. You have the flexibility to bring onboard as much as you want; however, there's a point of what's "reasonable," since we are not in the cargo business and we have very limited storage.

Internet Packages - Our "more-inclusive" cruise tariffs do not include internet charges. In fact, most cruise lines, including the ultra-luxury brands, do not offer complimentary internet service. They offer per minute charges ranging from $0.74 to $0.95 per minute as well as internet packages based on a pre-determined amounts of time. Azamara offers six Internet Packages ranging from 15 minutes to 235 minutes, priced from $9.95 to $99.95, which equates to a price per minute from $0.43 to $0.65. The packages are available for purchase during the first two days of your voyage. Here is a website link to the Internet Packages details:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/internet-packages

I hope this information helps in your decision making.

Cheers!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I'm glad you were able to clarify that, Bill, as the previous really confused me!

Our experience on Az Journey was that the included wines were generally very popular, especially the Sauvignon Blanc.

I wonder how many bottles of the included and excluded wines are drunk on an average 7 day cruise?

Thanks Bill. That clarifies things for me.

The posted wine lists are quite old so it hard to know how much change there has been for the current season. Most of what's shown on the 'inclusive' list is in the $10/bottle range, and the "up to $50 bottles" look to be $20-$25'ish for the most part. It sounds like I'm judging quality by price but we very much enjoy $10 - $20 bottles on a regular basis and don't mind reasonable markups in a fine dining environment. However, for this trip we're looking forward to finding some local wines we've never had before or can't get where we live so it looks like corkage fees are in our future. $10 is certainly a more than reasonable corkage fee.

We've not sailed on Azamara before and are quite excited about our upcoming trip. Quest Sept 7 out of Rome.

I will say only that for my money (and it will end up being quite a bit of it -- in excess of $2,000/day when all is said and done) I would have preferred a more inclusive inclusive. All these different pricing tiers may help fill cabins but fees for everything beyond the minimum is a bit too much like the airline model. Fees, Fees, Fees. It's confusing and has the potential to detract from the experience somewhat.

All that said, I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Hello C141heaven -

I hope that the following information will clear-up your confusion about our wine package program and how it fits in with our "more-inclusive" tariffs.

Wine Packages - In addition to the ship bars and dining rooms already offering complimentary select standard spirits, international beers and a changing daily selection of red and white wines by the glass, we offer an expanded list of wines with our four option wine packages:

1) 5 bottles @ $165

2) 7 bottles @ $220

3) 10 bottles @ $300

4) 12 bottles @ $335

You can select from all wines on the wine list priced at $50 or less as all of these wines are included in all of the four wine package options. There are more than from 60 wines to select. If you wish to purchase a bottle of wine valued at more than $50, then the full price will be charged.

Corkage Fee - Our corkage fee is $10.00 per bottle which from past guest feedback is considered "fair" in light of the fact that we have not set a "cap" on liquor and/or wine brought onboard. You have the flexibility to bring onboard as much as you want; however, there's a point of what's "reasonable," since we are not in the cargo business and we have very limited storage.

Internet Packages - Our "more-inclusive" cruise tariffs do not include internet charges. In fact, most cruise lines, including the ultra-luxury brands, do not offer complimentary internet service. They offer per minute charges ranging from $0.74 to $0.95 per minute as well as internet packages based on a pre-determined amounts of time. Azamara offers six Internet Packages ranging from 15 minutes to 235 minutes, priced from $9.95 to $99.95, which equates to a price per minute from $0.43 to $0.65. The packages are available for purchase during the first two days of your voyage. Here is a website link to the Internet Packages details:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/internet-packages

I hope this information helps in your decision making.

Cheers!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I have one more question. Elsewhere on the Cruise Critic site I saw a summary of the alcohol policies of various cruise lines, including Azamara. These were the statements:

1. Bringing liquor onboard at embarkation: Liquor can be brought aboard and consumed in-cabin for no fee; however, there is a $10 corkage fee at any of Azamara's bars or restaurants.

2, Bringing wine or Champagne onboard:Passengers may bring an unlimited amount of wine onboard, but if consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, there is a $10 corkage fee per bottle.

3. Purchasing liquor in port: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call will be stored by the ship and delivered to passengers' cabins on the last day of the sailing.

4. Purchasing liquor in ships' duty-free shop: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from Azamara's onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to passenger cabins on the sailing's last day.

We were looking forward to purchasing local wines along the way and are more than willing to pay your very reasonable corkage fee.... but this suggests we can't. Is the business about purchasing in port actually your policy or a misstatement thereof? Or are you differentiating between wine and other alcoholic beverages? We certainly will be disappointed if we can not buy a few local wines in port for consumption with dinner.

Archived