Who has booked Alaska for 2006!!!!

cruisingfreak

That would really be funny, if we were on the same cruise. You never know.

Minette

We just booked the Diamond Aug.12. We will be on the same cruise. Only we are going aug.9 for the land tour. Now I hate having to wait so long.

Debbie

I cant believe how fast Alaska 06 is selling!

I was talking to my HAL rep yesterday and he said theyre 20% sold already!

amazing!

Just goes to show, Alaska is the place to be!

We just booked the Diamond Aug.12. We will be on the same cruise. Only we are going aug.9 for the land tour. Now I hate having to wait so long.

Debbie

So happy you booked that cruise Debbie!!

I guess I'll have to start a Roll Call soon. Maybe within the next few days. Be on the look-out for it, at the Princess roll call site.

Minette

I really want to book a cruise next May. Was considering RCCL and Serenade of the Seas. Should I book through a local travel agent or online?

Do you get an opportunity for an up-grade if you book through a TA?

Want a Junior Suite. Assume I need to book soon. Wait till closer to date to book airline ticket so as to get a better price????

Any other suggestions? I'm new at this. (like you can't tell!!!!)

Myrtle

Myrtle

The Princess offers complimentary upgrades on all bookings. Early booking gives you cabin choice. Side of the ship is important in one way Alaska sailings. Let me know if would like any more information as I am researching Alaska ports and land options for my trip next year. MLL92003@yahoo.com

ML

We booked Sapphire Princess 6/24/06 SB. Got a great balcony cabin! I'm so excited! THis is our very first cruise!

We are also on the June 24 2006 Sapphire Princess Southbound. The four of us have been on 1 Disney 3 night cruise and this will be a first cruise for my parents.

We just booked the Island Princess - Northbound - for June 12, 2006!!! We were able to get three balcony rooms on Caribe deck. Birthday surprise for my wife's 60th. We will be doing the cruisetour to Denali. Taking our two daugthters and their husbands on the cruise only portion. Any and all tips on excursions in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway would be appreciated.

My husband and I are booked on the Island Princess Southbound sailing on June 19, 2006! We booked a mini suite on the Dolphin deck (D602). We're going to do our own land tour the week before. Let the planning begin!

Dawn

Are the rates out already for Alaska 2006? I'd like to book for next summer and thought that the cruise lines haven't set their prices and ports of call yet. So I can go ahead and book? I'm not to late, am I?

"Borrow money from pessimists--they don't expect it back."

--Steven Wright

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Westerdam, HAL for August 6, 2006. Round trip from Seattle. I'm following this board and learning about what to pack and what excursions to take. Very exciting! Anybody else on the Westerdam? :)

I'm so glad to find this thread. We booked the Sapphire Princess Northbound for 08/26/06 three weeks ago. I started a roll call a couple of weeks ago and have had no replies.

This will be our first journey to Alaska. Have done five cruises before this but all warm weather. Even the Med cruise two years ago was a warm summer. We've never been much for cold vacations, but everyone says we NEED to take Alaska trip. We have mini-suite booked on Starboard side. Not going on land tours as our daughter and son & daughter-in-law will be along and don't have as much free time off as DH can get. Guess we'll plan that another time.

Is NCL the only line that is offering an Inside Passage with Glacier Bay R.T. from Seattle in 2006?

We are booked on RCCL May 26, 2006 Seattle RT. We have done the warm weather the past two years and thought Alaska would be a nice change - plus no airfare for us this year as Seattle is drivable!:D

Archived